PDA

View Full Version : What are the key differences from Din's Curse?

Jorlen
10-14-2015, 04:02 PM
Hi Steve!

I own all your games but I have not had the chance to play them all. This includes Depths of Peril. Now I know you brought in some of DoP's gameplay features to Zombasite.

Now I can see from a quick Let's Play that a lot of what I love from Din's is still there: The hybrid classes, the myriad choices you have when you create the game. I assume the rest is there too - the random loot, items, etc.

But what's been added? I'm huge on action/RPGs but the diplomacy stuff isn't something I'm big on. Is it optional?

Shadow
10-14-2015, 04:54 PM
Compared to Din's Curse it has outdoor areas, clans, Zombie mechanics, many new zombie monsters, new skill mechanics like traits (skills that greatly change things unlocked at higher level of attributes) & support skills (skills that modify other skills), some persistent stuff like Drox had, better unique monsters (more tactics, taunting, better enhancements, etc), better graphics (normal/spec maps), many new quests, crafting mechanics, and much more.

Jorlen
10-21-2015, 07:19 PM
Sounds great!

However you missed my last question, so I just wanted to run it by you again. Is the diplomacy optional? Can you just explore, loot, kill and survive without using it?

I'll buy it anyway, I'm just wanting to know what I'll be getting myself into.

Tuidjy
10-21-2015, 07:33 PM
I'd say, you can, but if you do, you will have to destroy the other survivors you encounter. Unless you talk to them, eventually they will attack you, and when they do, it would be prudent to kill them all.

Shadow
10-21-2015, 09:19 PM
Sorry about that. The other clans will probably eventually attack you if you ignore them completely. However, if you do some quests here and there for them you might be able to mitigate that risk some.

There is an option when setting up a new game for how many clans you want to appear. While you can't set it to zero, you can at least reduce it if that is how you like to play.

Jorlen
10-21-2015, 11:07 PM
Thanks man. That's what I wanted to hear.

Now, off to purchase!

DanSota
10-22-2015, 04:32 PM
Thanks man. That's what I wanted to hear.

Now, off to purchase!

I personally modified the minimum number of clans down to 1 so that when I want a more laid back exploration experience I can choose it. Setting it to 0 doesn't work though as 0 seems to be the same as Random.

Jorlen
10-22-2015, 04:34 PM
I personally modified the minimum number of clans down to 1 so that when I want a more laid back exploration experience I can choose it. Setting it to 0 doesn't work though as 0 seems to be the same as Random.

Would you mind sharing how you did that?

DanSota
10-22-2015, 04:40 PM
Would you mind sharing how you did that?

If you get the patch, it'll be in Assets004. You just open it and go to Database, then you open the systems.gdb with a text editor like Notepad or WordPad. A search function is useful to search the file, like hitting ctrl+f and searching for MinAICovenants. If you don't have the patch, you can do the same but just in the Assets001. And if all that seems kinda confusing, you can just drop this into your Assets folder.

Jorlen
10-22-2015, 07:48 PM
If you get the patch, it'll be in Assets004. You just open it and go to Database, then you open the systems.gdb with a text editor like Notepad or WordPad. A search function is useful to search the file, like hitting ctrl+f and searching for MinAICovenants. If you don't have the patch, you can do the same but just in the Assets001. And if all that seems kinda confusing, you can just drop this into your Assets folder.

Thanks man, I'll try following your instructions. While I don't mind warming up to covenants, I'd rather do it on my own time and comfort level and setting just one sounds like a good thing.