PDA

View Full Version : Typos and text

Roswitha
10-14-2015, 04:05 PM
This thread is for typos and other text-based corrections. They don't have much to do with game-play, so I thought I would make a separate thread.

-------------
Character creation screen

(Generally speaking, you tend to wander between singular and plural in a single sentence. See the changes for Rogue and Ranger.)

Warrior: Muscle bound needs a hyphen.

Rogue: Living by their own rules, members of this tricky class excel at stealthy deception, trap evasion, and lock picking, and are lethal killing machines.

Priest: By the light of good, these holy warriors not only command strength and light, they also heal and bless themselves and others.

Wizard: Contain should be seek or command

Ranger: A jack of many trades, this lone fighter wields ranged weapons with skill, throws down deadly traps, and uses shapeshifting to befuddle and decimate fearsome foes.

Conjurer: Add ‘their’ before steely. Rest should be rests. Add commas after conjurers and beyond.

Hybrid: Created should be create.

ERYFKRAD
10-14-2015, 06:33 PM
One of the NPCs had Irratating as a trait of personality, which ought to be irritating.

Roswitha
10-15-2015, 02:01 PM
Clan Gate: Line 4. clicking should be click.

Skills Screen: Line 6. where as should be whereas. Also, do a paragraph break after 3.

Dynamic world: Line 5. Remove "well whatever that something is".

Roswitha
10-15-2015, 02:06 PM
Damage: Line 4 should be "In a physical attack, your defenses try".

Object interaction: Line 2. "keep on a look out" should be "keep a lookout".

Roswitha
10-15-2015, 04:16 PM
Secret doors: Line 1. Beware should be followed by a period, colon, or exclamation mark and things should be capitalized. Line 5. mark should be marks.

Personalities: Judgemental should be Judgmental. Dislikes Cavens should be either caves or caverns.

Roswitha
10-18-2015, 03:19 AM
I took a screenshot on a mac, and then couldn't find the image. It said something like
<somebody> the Trapmaster ##3## set traps on level 2.

Hope that's enough to identify it.

corfe83
10-19-2015, 07:56 PM
Priest skill "Shield Slam": typo "succesfull" (should be "successful")

Roswitha
10-24-2015, 08:34 PM
1. Fragile Items: First two lines. "Sometimes items are made of fragile crystal or obsidian. Items made from these two materials are irreparable." Line 7. Add a comma after armor.

3. Zombie Plaguebringer: Line 2. Plagubringers should be Plaguebringers. Line 3. larva should be larvae (plural). Line 4. on should probably be after. How long does it last?

5. Insanity Zelda should be Insane Zelda.

Roswitha
10-24-2015, 08:39 PM
2. Why is there a question mark? When I walk by the dungeon, it shows the name.

3. acid based needs a hyphen. Also, you could substitute puddles for pools somewhere.

4. I thought the avatar was on my side?

5. Line 1. Forgaing should be Foraging.

Throwback
10-26-2015, 09:07 AM
There are tons of typos in this game - great thread.

Castruccio
10-31-2015, 08:14 PM
Now that skills don't cost any money, the help topic that pops up when you open the skill tree for the first time needs to have the line that they do cost money deleted.

The skills screen that pops up when you level up also says skills cost money. This should be changed too.

Tuidjy
11-01-2015, 04:35 PM
I was just told:
"Bambi has been possessed, find a cure before we are forced to kill. (Ruthless People)"

I find it a bit awkward. This would be better:
"Bambi has been possessed. Find a cure before we are forced to kill her."

If it is too hard to use a him/her, this would be a compromise:
"Bambi has been possessed. Find a cure before we are forced to kill a friend."

Castruccio
11-01-2015, 04:41 PM
I was just told:
"Bambi has been possessed, find a cure before we are forced to kill. (Ruthless People)"

Sounds like a Disney movie gone wrong.