PDA

View Full Version : Powerful Hybrid Builds

corfe83
10-18-2015, 12:07 AM
What are some cool hybrid builds you guys have tried?

I built an "ice sorcerer" (sorcerer tree from Conjurer, and ice tree from wizard).

The low level lightning skill is super long range and instant hit, and does a lot of damage (more than low level fire or ice skills, it appears), and you can pickup mana gain on skill hit + extra mana regen from the ice tree (and maybe some ice abilities to slow monsters).

DanSota
10-18-2015, 01:42 AM
What are some cool hybrid builds you guys have tried?

I built an "ice sorcerer" (sorcerer tree from Conjurer, and ice tree from wizard).

The low level lightning skill is super long range and instant hit, and does a lot of damage (more than low level fire or ice skills, it appears), and you can pickup mana gain on skill hit + extra mana regen from the ice tree (and maybe some ice abilities to slow monsters).

I don't usually use the standard Hybrids as I prefer having 3 Skill Trees with mods, but back before using that I personally liked Weaponmaster/Archer, Trickster/Archer, and Assassin/Assassin in Din's Curse. Since not much has changed with them here, I imagine they are the 3 I'd mostly use still if not for mods.

Fairgamer
10-18-2015, 11:58 AM
I don't know about powerful, apart from any healer splash (which using a combination of spamming cures and heals can make zombification a non-issue), but for me I like coming up with roleplayesque builds with an idea of what a character is.

The seven original templates are powerful for the passives they get from three separate base classes, and a good choice for any beginner. Priest in particular is easy mode for the healing. Well, as easy mode as this game gets, currently, when a particular clan can just wipe you out completely if they happen to be having a bad day.

In general, I find necromancers are fun if you buff the number of skills per level, or have some other way of cheating for more skills, as summons are expensive to train. I splashed gladiator and necromancer, and he seemed to fare well with a combination of berserk for attack, passives and summons. I guess it would also work for a warlock/gladiator essentially the same, just with demons instead of undead. With the warrior/conjurer splash, you can switch between dpsing for your minions or letting them tank for you while you run away to heal, or tank while they get their hits in, and continue the cycle.

Raserei
10-18-2015, 02:33 PM
How is this game easy?

I play hardcore mode and I keep getting stuck when I go onto level 10+ areas... Doesn't matter if I am level 15 or level 20, I never find any gear my character can use to kill anything. Tried a conjurer and warrrior so far in Zombasite.

What makes it easy? Maybe I'm not doing something that is huge...?

Fairgamer
10-18-2015, 04:37 PM
The seven original templates are powerful for the passives they get from three separate base classes, and a good choice for any beginner. Priest in particular is easy mode for the healing. Well, as easy mode as this game gets, currently, when a particular clan can just wipe you out completely if they happen to be having a bad day..

Reading this statement again, I can see how I was somewhat misleading. The game isn't easy, and probably downright impossible so for hardcore as your game will be over by a certain point if you don't find a decent item and also just exhibit some good luck.

The aspect of the zombification is easier to deal with as a splash of healer. And also when you need damage healed out of combat, since the need for potions can be addressed in their skill tree with prayer or any of the heals. Still pretty hard, though . And if you ever get swamped by more than two enemies, you'll probably be dead.

It gets worse if you manage to piss off another clan, or they simply want to target you for elimination for one reason or another. Then, unless they're really weak, you'll probably die.

OT: Another good build from Din's Curse that might someday prove good here when the game becomes slightly less than impossible at 10+, is Hunter/Trickster. The combination of stealth and lowered enemy awareness, plus bows and all the auxiliary benefits of hunter make for a good combination.

Tuidjy
10-19-2015, 01:09 PM
I have always been partial to the weaponmaster/reaver build. Insane killing power, solid defense, and plate armor. The only problem is enemies with thorns.

And no, the game is not easy. I'm a Din's curse veteran, and I had three hardcore characters that made it to around level 75. In Zombasite, I have not survived any time beyond 25... and most of the time, I do not know what kills me. It has something to do with traps and environment effects, but I wish the game would be a bit more helpful with the death message. It's always "died", not very informative.

Castruccio
10-19-2015, 01:30 PM
The environment is so cluttered that it is hard to tell what kills you. I have found that if you turn the detail slider down in the options menu it helps do away with a lot of the clutter, but I do think the default setting should be less cluttered from the outset.

Jorlen
10-22-2015, 04:33 PM
I like Paladin + Necromancer, or Weaponsmaster + Necromancer.

With the paladin you get some healing which is always nice but the weaponsmaster gives you way more weapon equip options (i.e. passives).

I never play non-hybrid characters, at least not in Din's. Too much fun to mix and match, even though there's only two trees VS three trees if you pick a full class.

Tuidjy
10-22-2015, 05:45 PM
It's not the lack of skills that hinders you when you have only two 'trees'. It's the lack of passives, like the health, damage, and drain bonuses. It's better to receive three sets of extra HPs per point of vitality than two. It adds up.

Jorlen
10-22-2015, 07:45 PM
It's not the lack of skills that hinders you when you have only two 'trees'. It's the lack of passives, like the health, damage, and drain bonuses. It's better to receive three sets of extra HPs per point of vitality than two. It adds up.

Good point. I had assumed that the passives didn't stack when they are the same type, which is incorrect.

Jorlen
10-23-2015, 04:18 PM
Also, healer + sorcerer demolished in Din's Curse. This was back in 2011 though so I'm not sure if there have been any adjustments since then.

Basically, prayer makes mana regen a non-issue. While you can't use it in combat, you can flip it on and off right after a battle, or flip it on and retreat.

This is a fairly glass cannon-type build though. You can't take too much punishment but if you put points in greater heal it shouldn't matter too much. And melee is not an option. You're a pure spell caster.

Fairgamer
10-23-2015, 05:36 PM
You can use prayer in combat, it's just that it gets cancelled whenever you take an action other than movement. So you can run away while raising your mana to full, then unleash your attacks. It would be exploitive, but sometimes doing nothing can be dangerous. Not sure if that's something that's been overlooked or if it's a new development.

I enjoyed my healer/defender, using bleeds/prayer/heals together are a decent combination.