PDA

View Full Version : Ideas For Clan Armory

DrJoeFitz
10-19-2015, 12:50 AM
Dear Forum Members and Soldak:

I have been playing Zombasite happily and with addiction for a few days now. I like the notion of a Din's Curse character playing in a clan after the zombie apocalypse.

I have a few ideas about the Clan Armory. I like using it in order to equip my clan members, but it take a while to first drag items from my inventory to the small square marked Clan Armory, and then pick up and salvage all the unclaimed stuff which I don't want to keep or don't have the space to keep.

My ideas are:

*If you use a moving pointer to either salvage items or use Armor Scraps/Grindstones/Oil of Purification/Arcane Essence/? upon them, why not use a pointer to put them in the Clan Armory? I like your current AI that decides whether a clan member could/would use this or that item. I think a pointer system to activate this AI would be more efficient than the current setup. Alternately, what about supplying a key sequence, like Alt-C, for example, to quickly transfer a currently-pointered-to item to the Clan Armory?

*Could the Clan Armory be another chest, like the current Player or Shared Chests, equipped to assemble equipment in player-supplied bags? It sure would be neater than dropping unwanted items on the ground, and would allow players freedom to creatively assemble Clan weapons and armor as they see fit.

*Could another control sequence be used to move things quickly between the Clan Armory and your Inventory?

Thanks for listening,

Doctor Joe

Shadow
10-19-2015, 10:17 AM
Actually there is a hotkey for the clan armory already, it defaults to space. Currently the hot key only works when at the crafting station.

Glabrezu
10-27-2016, 10:24 AM
How about an actual armoury (as well as what already exists)?

Basically it could just be a chest or a building. It works a little like the clan armoury button already does - people take the item or leave it, if it is left it stays in the armoury.
Whenever a new recruit arrives, there is another check and distribution behind the scenes for the new recruit and existing clan members. With cast off gear either being left in there or left in a lost and found or some such.

Also maybe make it so that the items only get distributed via a "Distribute Items" box to click on and the items get cycled (or as mentioned new recruit arrives).

abomination5
10-27-2016, 07:44 PM
Glad to hear there is a hotkey. I gave up trying to give equipment to my clansmen yesterday because it was getting a bit tedious... I'll give it another shot now.

Not sure if there is an indication of this hotkey in the UI/tooltip. Something to consider.

fbo
11-06-2016, 10:03 AM
I also like the idea of a clan stash, especially to quickly outfit new clan members!

and when I want to outfit my party members directly it would be useful to be able to use the grey comparison window. It can be changed to the selected recruit already, but the item requirements and the right-click to outfit sadly don't follow this selection.