PDA

View Full Version : Need some help from someone w/modding experience

Jorlen
10-23-2015, 01:02 PM
Hey guys,

I'd like to find someone who can help me make a change to Zombasite.

Very simple in theory - I just want the cost of removing skill points completely removed. Is it possible?

I've done some poking around in the files and thought I found the multiplier, but changing it didn't do anything.

DanSota
10-23-2015, 06:00 PM
Hey guys,

I'd like to find someone who can help me make a change to Zombasite.

Very simple in theory - I just want the cost of removing skill points completely removed. Is it possible?

I've done some poking around in the files and thought I found the multiplier, but changing it didn't do anything.

You happen to be in luck as I have exactly that. I use it with my cousin.

Jorlen
10-23-2015, 06:29 PM
You happen to be in luck as I have exactly that. I use it with my cousin.

And Dan comes through again! Thanks :)

BTW wHat other mods do you guys use? Perhaps I can borrow a few more, if you're feeling generous!

DanSota
10-23-2015, 06:56 PM
And Dan comes through again! Thanks :)

BTW wHat other mods do you guys use? Perhaps I can borrow a few more, if you're feeling generous!

We use that one I just posted for you, the one to set the clans to a minimum of 1, a mod for having hybrids with 3 skill trees instead of 2 (not really mine, I just ported it over from Din's and changed it where needed), one to increase the party members you can have from 2 to 4, and lastly one to add a cape to the Healer skill tree.

ScrObot
10-23-2015, 07:08 PM

I've ported 3 of my convenience mods from Drox, I guess I'll stick them here until we get a separate Modding forum. :)

ZModBagsAllBackpacks -- Makes all bags 16 slot large backpacks. Does not change drop chance.

ZModBigStacks -- Potions now stack up to 99.

ZModFastOpen -- Opening chests, identifying items and most other similar actions only take 0.25 seconds. Also makes "Identify All" at crafting table/vendors free.

DanSota
10-23-2015, 07:14 PM
I'll drop the ones I mentioned too. Having them all in one spot will be a good idea

Fairgamer
10-23-2015, 07:21 PM
Unfair Gamer Easy Mode:

Skill points per level 12 with no growth or deterioration (Idea shamelessly stolen from DanSota)
Attribute points per level to 8
Raid party to 8
Adventure party size to 5

Just a few tweaks that I use with certain characters that allows me to indulge my multiskill fetish. For the most part I like to use the base parameters for my main characters in case something vital gets changed and ruins their save. I advise making backups.

Disclaimer: may cause incontinence, implosion of cranium, diarrhea, coughing, or constipation. Consult your doctor if you have an out of body experience lasting for more than thirty minutes.

Hobo elf
10-23-2015, 09:11 PM
Unfair Gamer Easy Mode:

Skill points per level 12 with no growth or deterioration (Idea shamelessly stolen from DanSota)
Attribute points per level to 8
Raid party to 8
Adventure party size to 5

Just a few tweaks that I use with certain characters that allows me to indulge my multiskill fetish. For the most part I like to use the base parameters for my main characters in case something vital gets changed and ruins their save. I advise making backups.

Disclaimer: may cause incontinence, implosion of cranium, diarrhea, coughing, or constipation. Consult your doctor if you have an out of body experience lasting for more than thirty minutes.

Nice, thanks. I've been waiting for a mod like this.

Bomphav
10-29-2015, 09:26 PM
Thanks, I appreciate the "identitfy all" mod.

Would there be a way to make a mod that enables casting/attacking/healing and moving at the same time? This was possible in Din's Curse (the default game rules.) I'm so tired of standing in acid or poison clouds and being unable to move. If another forest saurian uses his flamethrower attack on me while I'm just standing there, I'm going to rage quit.

DanSota
10-29-2015, 10:55 PM
Thanks, I appreciate the "identitfy all" mod.

Would there be a way to make a mod that enables casting/attacking/healing and moving at the same time? This was possible in Din's Curse (the default game rules.) I'm so tired of standing in acid or poison clouds and being unable to move. If another forest saurian uses his flamethrower attack on me while I'm just standing there, I'm going to rage quit.

I'll see about throwing one together for you.

Edit: There, this should do the trick.

Bomphav
10-30-2015, 01:12 AM
I'll see about throwing one together for you.

Edit: There, this should do the trick.

Ahh, delay has been reduced by 90%. Much better, thank you! :)

DanSota
10-30-2015, 03:37 AM
Sure thing. Spells that still have the stop code in them will still make you stop moving, I suspect its the same exact ones that were carried over from Din's.

DanSota
12-04-2015, 08:37 PM
I just got around to updating the 3 Skill Hybrid mod to include the new Death Knight. It might not be perfect yet since I'm not sure what all changes have been made to the UI, but it gets the job done for now. Enjoy!

Ghost Matter
12-06-2015, 07:37 PM
Do mods prevent achievements? I googled it and it seems that they don't but I'd like to confirm.

DanSota
12-06-2015, 11:33 PM
Do mods prevent achievements? I googled it and it seems that they don't but I'd like to confirm.

As long as the "achievements.mnu" file in UI and the "unlocks.gdb" file in Database aren't modified by a mod, then it shouldn't cause a problem. Such a mod could be done, but I'm not aware of any posted mods for Zombasite that could do it as of the present time.

Ghost Matter
12-07-2015, 05:26 PM
Yeah, I forgot one activated and I still got achievements. Thanks!