PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming patch 0.903

Shadow
10-26-2015, 01:18 PM
I don't feel like I'm giving enough feedback between patches, so I'm going to do a little experiment and post a daily log of changes we've made to the game.

Here's changes from Friday:

made navigating clan quests/trading a little easier with new buttons
changed a few clan dialogs
town attack sound gets quieter after first time playing
now show crafting bonus on crafting icon highlight
now crafting highlight text shows your current general cost
fixed one of the crafting items not working correctly
fixed gem slots not showing up on weapons
fixed some NPCs getting free XP when crafting fails
now show percent compared to normal for crafting a specific item
fixed DontHaveXSkill, XPaidYToGoToWarWithZ, XPaidYToBreakTreatyWithZ, InvalidCantGiveItemsMonsters, InvalidCantGiveItemsEnemies, and CantIncreaseDurabilityMore missing translations (ScrObot)
fixed Hero, Guardian, & Savior achievements wording (ScrObot)
added Path of the Demon achievement (ScrObot)
now can invite conjurors that have pets to your party (ScrObot)
fixed a few issues with food usage per hour (Oblivion/Tuidjy)
fixed getting a resurrect timing bar when killed during a raid (ScrObot)
guards no longer turn away from center of town when they have an enemy
decreased amount of monsters in empty towns (Throwback)
fixed missing DoesntMeetRequirements translation
using the function keys to give party members health potions will now use the highest level potion that target can actually use (Oblivion/Caal)

Castruccio
10-26-2015, 01:44 PM
Great experiment. Thanks for this. I look forward to giving some more feedback when I get time to play later this week. I was initially very disappointed that the game wasn't more different from DC/DoP, but I am starting to come around. I can see the evolution of the mechanics, but I had hoped for some new interface options, deeper town management (and a new interface to go with it), new classes and skills, entirely new enemies and sounds, etc. Given the budget constraints within which you are working, however, I think you've done a great job making a new game from old parts which have been spiced up. You also did this well when you brought out DC to help rebound from KU.

Oblivion
10-26-2015, 03:19 PM
Any progress on the bug that stops movement for around 2 seconds after certain skills are used? Main reason I haven't been playing much recently :\.

Shadow
10-26-2015, 04:25 PM
Any progress on the bug that stops movement for around 2 seconds after certain skills are used? Main reason I haven't been playing much recently :\.

I changed lethal blow and death blow today to make them better. Any other skills giving you a hard time?

Shadow
10-26-2015, 08:21 PM
improved monster icons
changed MoveSpeedMult back to 1.0
now when player has full stamina they sprint (25% faster than normal movement)
fixed pets of your NPCs not keeping up
fixed a wording problem in clan gate help topic (Roswitha)
fixed a wording and spacing problem in skills screen help topic (Roswitha)
simplified dynamic world help topic some (Roswitha)
fixed some wording issues in damage help topic (Roswitha)
fixed a couple of minor issues with secret doors help topic (Roswitha)
reworded fragile items help topic some (Roswitha)
fixed a few problems with zombie plaguebringer blurb (Roswitha)
fixed Experience/ExperienceDebtDesc translations (Roswitha)
fixed insanity prefix (Roswitha)
fixed acid-based spelling (Roswitha)
fixed Foraging typo (Roswitha)
fixed alignment of warhammers (DanSota)
shortened lethal blow total time from 1.43 to 1.2 and changed to an animation with less down time at end
shortened death blow total time from 1.61 to 1.2 and changed to an animation with less down time at end
fixed hunting parties sometimes coming back with no food
can no longer salvage equipped items (alstein)
fixed Poison Ward description wording (Throwback)
fixed MonsterRarityName0 translation (Roswitha)
fixed Western Grasslands spelling (Throwback)
fixed getRandomGuard not always returning a valid guard, so spawning less guard items (ScrObot)
treasure map quests are now optional (Tuidjy)

Oblivion
10-26-2015, 09:41 PM
I changed lethal blow and death blow today to make them better. Any other skills giving you a hard time?

I'm not sure if its a particular skill at this point, it might be my weapon? All of my attack abilities including left click have me locked standing still for a lengthy amount of time. Would you like my save file?

Also there is a Large Wooden Shield model that is the size of an entire character when they wield it.

Shadow
10-26-2015, 11:28 PM
I'm not sure if its a particular skill at this point, it might be my weapon? All of my attack abilities including left click have me locked standing still for a lengthy amount of time. Would you like my save file?

Sure, it might be helpful.

Bomphav
10-26-2015, 11:51 PM

Also there is a Large Wooden Shield model that is the size of an entire character when they wield it.

I think part of the problem is that the player character will auto fight the nearest enemy (even if both player and mob are zombies, which seems like a bug.) This means that the command (mouse click or # key) for walking or using a skill must be spammed several times before it will take effect.

#2 (so that I'm not double posting in here)
The wild/renegade conjure mages are too OP. They have a max summons of ~30 which is insane (as well as making low to middle of the line computers drop to 2 FPS.) Each of those 30 summons has a +500% HP and +200% "summoned"armour buff. I would limit the summons to 5-10 and reduce the summon buff by 1/2. I have emailed Shadow my save file which has an example of this (it has happened 3 times in my region.)

Oblivion
10-26-2015, 11:59 PM
I think part of the problem is that the player character will auto fight the nearest enemy (even if both player and mob are zombies, which seems like a bug.) This means that the command (mouse click or # key) for walking or using a skill must be spammed several times before it will take effect.

Usually don't have an issue targeting before something happens. Its right after I kill something that I just can't move for a set period of time. I've burned so many potions standing in acid and fire at this point haha. Really odd to be honest, wonder if its related to any support skills.

Throwback
10-27-2015, 06:53 AM
now when player has full stamina they sprint (25% faster than normal movement)

Such a simple yet brilliant solution to the speed issue. So impressive.

Shadow - Zombasite is, in my opinion, an incredible game and certainly the best ARPG I've ever played (Diablo 1 & 2, Titan's Quest, Path of Exile).

Maslow
10-29-2015, 08:06 PM
I've had quite a few adventurer wins, a diplomacy, and a military but no rewards for any of them. Any news on this?

ScrObot
10-29-2015, 08:23 PM
I've had quite a few adventurer wins, a diplomacy, and a military but no rewards for any of them. Any news on this?

I believe the military win works properly, it should spawn a chest next to you. The others, however, still don't appear to be granting the things they should be.

Tuidjy
10-30-2015, 07:41 PM
One of the personality traits is "cowerly". It probably should be "cowardly".

DrJoeFitz
10-31-2015, 03:51 AM
Dear Shadow and Soldak:

I downloaded the 903 patch today and have since loved how using the clan inventory hotkey at the Crafting Station doesn't drop the trash on the ground if nobody wants it. This has simplified this game mechanic for me, and I wanted to thank you for coming up with this solution.

Sincerely Yours,

Joe

Tuidjy
11-02-2015, 12:33 AM
I have a weapon that advertises "Ego: +0% damage to All Zombiess"

The typo needs fixing, and the bonus probably should not be 0%.