PDA

View Full Version : zombie breeders - a problem?

Throwback
10-31-2015, 09:56 AM
Are they a possible balance issue?

On my level 22 warrior, zombie breeder zones are impossible for me. I take constant poison damage (as much poison resist gear as I've been able to collect) and constant acid damage from the parasite pools. I can't run around and pick parasites off individually (staying safe from poison shots & acid pools) because running near enemies drains stamina incredibly quickly. The nigh-invisibility of the parasites only makes this issue worse.

However, I am not using any aoe skills - which might make things easier? quake strike is really the only skill I could use for that job and I can't see it doing enough damage to help - I still need to take out the breeders themselves.

It feels very disadvantaged for melee whereas it probably wouldn't be too bad as ranged - use your usual nuke on the breeders and your aoe on the parasites.

How do other people find it?

edit: Also, the parasites' melee attack has a very high rate of causing infection, so I'm always infected. I have had no chance to find poison resist AND zombie resist, unfortunately - but I didn't start looking until recently so that will change for the next character. Also also, the acid chews through the durability of my gear. It's a perfect storm for melee in my opinion.

Tuidjy
10-31-2015, 09:35 PM
One word - whirlwind.

Two words - fire shield (from a clan member)

Three words - reaver / fire mage

Delilah Rehm
11-03-2015, 04:18 PM
YES to whirlwind. I love whirlwind. :)