PDA

View Full Version : Zombasite patch 0.907

Shadow
11-23-2015, 06:16 PM
Patch 0.907 of Zombasite is available over on the Zombasite patch page (http://www.soldak.com/Zombasite/Patches.html). Changes can be read here (http://www.soldak.com/Zombasite/Patches/Changes.html). This patch adds the Death Knight class, adds shared adventures with other clans, improves connecting to multiplayer games, and fixes a bunch of other minor issues.

Professor Paul1290
11-24-2015, 12:38 AM
The first time I ask a clan for someone to go adventuring with, the member they sent was suffering from poison, a zombie infection, several other debuffs I don't remember, and she had barely any health left.
She was literally going to die spontaneously in under ten seconds the moment she arrived, she only survived because I used a potion on her immediately.

There might need to be a check to make sure the other clan doesn't send a dying person. :D

acariciar
11-24-2015, 02:38 AM
I'm really happy about the adventure feature, although I probably won't be able to use it for 2 reasons:
1.) In all my worlds so far, every clan ever(!) declared war on everyone in less than 3 seconds. :D
2.) I bought the AoE intelligence perk which turns on friendly-fire. I can't even find recruits now with my 6k crit.

Great patch anyways, thanks!

ScrObot
11-24-2015, 01:48 PM
1.) In all my worlds so far, every clan ever(!) declared war on everyone in less than 3 seconds. :D

The clans have some persistent memories of how you've treated them in past areas of the same world, so if you're generally terrible to them, you'll start with lower initial relations in future areas they are present in. (Alternately, you can have initial relations high enough to make immediate treaties.)

acariciar
11-24-2015, 02:43 PM
The clans have some persistent memories of how you've treated them in past areas of the same world, so if you're generally terrible to them, you'll start with lower initial relations in future areas they are present in. (Alternately, you can have initial relations high enough to make immediate treaties.)

That is incredibly smart, wow.

So what are some other features of playing in the same persistent region if I may ask?

Forevener
11-28-2015, 05:23 AM
1. Clan crafters aren't producing anything. Even at 'work focus'. For me and my friend as well (also in different saves)

2. Sometimes hostile NPC shown as 'wandering recruits' in log. Ex.: I've killed 'Jack, Mad Alchemist', log said 'Jack (Wandering Recruit) died'

3. I've killed entire enemy clan while they were raiding me, and their raid gates haven't disappeared.

Nesmo
11-28-2015, 06:50 AM
http://i.imgur.com/OE5eCaA.jpg
I think what happened was that the clan Heart of Gold kicked out one of their members while I was in their encampment, and that was the reason I saw that message? The message could be reworded slightly for clarity

Caal
11-28-2015, 06:18 PM
I encountered a conjurer NPC in a dungeon who had probably summoned two skeletons. They were fighting each other - I coudn't attack either of them and they were blocking a narrow hallway so I coudn't get past them either. I just had to wait until one of them killed the other one so I could get through.

Forevener
11-29-2015, 01:09 AM
I encountered a conjurer NPC in a dungeon who had probably summoned two skeletons. They were fighting each other - I coudn't attack either of them and they were blocking a narrow hallway so I coudn't get past them either. I just had to wait until one of them killed the other one so I could get through.

Oh yes, another bug I wanted to report.
4. I've met a conjurer wandering with two summoned skeletons, nobody was fighting, but conjurer refused to speak with me because of 'enemies too close' (by which, I believe, he meant his own summons).

Crisses
11-29-2015, 07:51 AM
I had a mission to rescue someone and it said they were surrounded by monsters or something along those lines. I finally got close, fed him a precious healing potion, started killing monsters around him. But he had lost all his morale and was panicked, so he ran away while I'm trying to rescue him. Of course, that triggers more monsters. So I'm using the quest locate feature chasing this guy around the area map and all he's doing is awakening troves of critters intent on chasing him. Every time I catch up, he's surrounded. This happened like 4 times before I caught up to him and he died before I could kill the monsters around him. He had traversed the length of the area, then headed in another direction. It will be in my Let's Plays.... not a shining moment. Can I get a "Make person unconscious" potion or something? A bravery potion? That was stupid. Seriously when I started killing the monsters "surrounding him" he should have cowered behind us, not fled through monster-populated woodlands. Taking fight or flight a little too seriously.

Caal
11-29-2015, 05:28 PM
Oh yes, another bug I wanted to report.
4. I've met a conjurer wandering with two summoned skeletons, nobody was fighting, but conjurer refused to speak with me because of 'enemies too close' (by which, I believe, he meant his own summons).

I've gotten something similar also. I have also seen a fire minion attacking his own summoner.

Forevener
11-30-2015, 12:38 AM
5. My friend got black screen again while trying to connect.

6. I was adventuring with 'The Enlightened' (there was mutual protection pact between our clans), when suddenly they declared war to me. That was totally unexpected (especially from honorable clan). I had no friendly-firing abilities/traits.

Tuidjy
11-30-2015, 04:39 PM
Some items carry stat penalties, and cannot be uncursed. In order to give them to your clan members, you have to make sure they have the stats not to go negative. So far so good.

The problem is that the clan members will happily trade away the items that allow them to wear the cursed items. If they keep the cursed item, they go negative, and stop being able to get any items. It took me a while to understand why one of my party members would not accept a perfectly good weapon for which he had the requirements. He had negative Intelligence... and it did not matter the new weapon had nothing to do with Intelligence.

Crisses
11-30-2015, 05:56 PM
He had negative Intelligence... and it did not matter the new weapon had nothing to do with Intelligence.

Obviously this rendered him too stupid to accept the better item :)

Tuidjy
12-01-2015, 03:31 AM
Death knight recruits can spawn with a weapon mastery that doesn't match their weapon proficiency, for example, a knight who can only use swords can have axe mastery as his only skill.

Tuidjy
12-01-2015, 04:06 PM
When I try to activate my Death Knight's status skill (Unholy Whatever, the one that gives bonuses to vitality and strength) I get told that I am not meeting the prerequisites.

As far as I can tell, the only prerequisites should be 12 mana, and I guess 12 maximum mana, which I of course have. I tried increasing my mana and intelligence with items, and I still could not use the skill. That character died, so I will not be experimenting with it anytime soon, but please take a look.

Forevener
12-02-2015, 01:17 AM
Also I'd like to report performance problems (especially in multiplayer). Sometimes game begins to stutter despite low CPU and GPU load. I'm running Win10 by the way.

Tuidjy
12-04-2015, 04:36 AM
A few problems I have encountered:
- Repairs can still permanently break an item. I know it was supposed to be fixed a few patches ago, but that's not the case. Here is a screenshot (http://i.imgur.com/vrQ1GoT.jpg)from the last version.
- Somewhat less grave, but still annoying, enchanting an item can raise the required level way beyond the player's level. If it is working as intended, it's a bad idea. It takes a long a time to advance 10 levels, and the resources spent on upgrading the item are useless during that period, just like the item.
- I often get areas marked with a star, but no available quests in the mouse over. It seems to happen as enemies succeed in escaping after they take a lot of damage.
- Sometimes, areas will behave in a very weird way. It is as if no new objects can be created: my arcane barrage will unleash one or even no projectiles, bosses will drop no loot, ambushes will spawn no monsters, enemies will try to cast and nothing will happen.
- The statistics will record the wrong level for the toughest enemies - for example, a level 41 enemy is recorded as level 37.
- There is no way tell the level of some items, and thus no way of knowing whether repeated repairs will improve them.
- The extra stats screen lacks quite a few stats that are important to many builds: bonus to spell damage, elemental damages, number of projectiles, etc...

Tuidjy
12-04-2015, 12:49 PM
One of my clan members have arcane barrage as a skill. When I send him on a foraging mission, his barrage is absolutely useless most of the time. This is not a matter of the target dying before the projectiles lock on. Sometimes, none of the projectiles acquire enemies - they just fly straight out and away from the clan member. Sometimes, the projectiles seem to track friendlies and neutrals, and disappear when they reach them.