PDA

View Full Version : Random "Advanced Options"

Trelow
03-29-2011, 07:51 PM
My favourite way of creating a character is to just hit as many random buttons as I can. What are the chances of getting a button that gives us a random set of the advanced options; ego, cursed, lost, and so forth?

Shadow
03-30-2011, 10:11 AM
That would be kind of cool.

Bluddy
03-30-2011, 10:22 AM
Taking a moment to think about it, I think this is a pretty great idea. It's similar to the way nethack can generate a random character for you, or have you build one. It's much more fun to get the random character. It's a great way to be introduced to features you'd never have tried otherwise.

I'd say you don't want hardcore or semi-hardcore to be in this random mix though, since that's something you want to be conscious of. They should remain as separate checkboxes only.

And please Shadow would it be possible to have a character that loses vitality when a town is lost? XP loss is not a big deal (and I know it's been disabled for now) because the next town will match your level, but if you die a little (say 4 points) each time a town is lost, that's a great way to build up tension without getting into real hardcore or semi-hardcore territory. In fact, I would say this is what Honorable Death should do.

arnulf
03-30-2011, 01:05 PM
A 'Quick Start' button in the main menu would make me very happy :)

Pressing this button would then pick a character class and everything else concerning the character at random and throw you straight into the game.
This would really be a great addition.

Nomad_Soul
03-30-2011, 07:00 PM
My favourite way of creating a character is to just hit as many random buttons as I can. What are the chances of getting a button that gives us a random set of the advanced options; ego, cursed, lost, and so forth?

Sounds good to me.

bushwhacker2k
04-02-2011, 05:44 PM
This does sound cool, randomization can be quite enjoyable.

DeathKnight1728
04-02-2011, 09:00 PM
would it be possible to get a set color to your character's clothing and armor background? It would be awesome if you get a set color like some other roleplaying games. I sometimes dont like playing a character with pink pants even though the armor rocks :D