PDA

View Full Version : Zombasite patch 0.909

Shadow
12-11-2015, 03:23 PM
Patch 0.909 of Zombasite is available over on the Zombasite patch page (http://www.soldak.com/Zombasite/Patches.html). Changes can be read here (http://www.soldak.com/Zombasite/Patches/Changes.html). This patch adds several new quests, clans can now complement/insult others, adds more new events, and fixes a bunch of other minor issues.

Professor Paul1290
12-11-2015, 07:24 PM
Big problem.

For me the attack button is treated as a melee attack button regardless of the weapon type equipped.
My character keeps running up to enemies to shoot them point blank.

Shadow
12-11-2015, 07:52 PM
What class? Do you mean just the normal attack skill? Are you pressing 1, left clicking, or right clicking?

Professor Paul1290
12-11-2015, 08:28 PM
What class? Do you mean just the normal attack skill? Are you pressing 1, left clicking, or right clicking?

It's a Trickster/Hunter hybrid.

I tried pressing one, left clicking, and assigning it to right click. I haven't been able to find a workaround.

EDIT:
Also the attack slot has the "blade" icon rather than the "bow" icon if that helps.

Shadow
12-11-2015, 11:23 PM
Ok, I just posted patch 0.910 (here and Steam) that fixes this issue.

Caal
12-11-2015, 11:45 PM
Compliment text needs fixing.

Crisses
12-12-2015, 12:14 AM
Compliment text needs fixing.

Same for ClanGoodFirstCompliment3....

Crisses
12-12-2015, 12:19 AM
I ended up in pretty much a stalemate today. Zombie infection level 2, 3.5dps poison, level 8 rogue, so I'd last maybe a minute or less without either a health potion or hugging a healthstone. I got home, thank goodness -- and sent EVERYONE in my clan (like 5 ppl) out to hunt potions. All I was able to do is heal, run through the portal, maybe kill a few non-zombies if I could find any, and run back. I had 2 potions left. I managed to be bored for the time it took for my clan to come back with health potions and used my higher level ones which DID cure me.

I'm not sure whether the intent is grounding the character who gets a Z-2 infection. If so, good job. :)

Oh, while grounded I did stop 1 town attack. How convenient.

Now after some adventuring I have Z-1....argh. lol

Professor Paul1290
12-12-2015, 12:40 AM
Ok, I just posted patch 0.910 (here and Steam) that fixes this issue.

That did the trick!

Caal
12-12-2015, 11:40 AM
Don't know if this is a bug or not, but I was one quest away from an adventurer victory. There was only one other clan besides me around, and neither of us had any available quests. I waited for about 15 mins to see if that last quest would suddenly appear (like it sometimes does in Dins), but all that did was burn clan food and generate more quests, with the mandatory quests remaining at one more than were actually available. I finally had to kill off the other clan to end that game, but it would have been good to have the adventurer victory option also.

Crisses
12-13-2015, 12:19 AM
There may be a bug in NPC generation -- or maybe this is on purpose:

When I start a new single-class character, I seem to bump into an unusually high number of NPCs of that same class. Is this weighted on purpose (like attracts like) or is this a bug.... Like my Death Knight bumped into a lot of Death Knights...I started a priest, I started bumping into a lot of priests. This goes for starting townsfolk too. Seems about twice as many of one's own class as anything else.

Forevener
12-13-2015, 06:01 AM
1. Multiplayer performance is still suffering terrible occasional slowdowns

2. My friend is still getting black screen while trying to connect to me (and I can join him with no problems at all)

3. While trying to resolve 2'nd problem with different network setups, we have discovered that maps of the both worlds will reset if we try to connect to me, then to him, then to me again. So basically when server trying to become client, he will lose his world's map.

4. Also we've discovered that my relations with other clans were reset after saving-loading the game - I've lost my alliance with Collectors (he was the host, not sure about his relations).

Also I'd like to know, how can I help resolve 1 and 2? Stuttering makes game nearly unplayable sometimes.

Crisses
12-14-2015, 12:41 AM
Minion behavior problem:

I shot a bolt of gloom at a barrel and it died/broke. But my minion skeleton just HAD to attack it even though it was gone. So of course he's setting himself on fire trying to break something that isn't there. I had to attack something to distract him and get him to move.

Is there a deliberate setting that minions and party members always attack what you attack? Some autonomy would be nice.

And too many rescues seem to be going rogue. Maybe it's just my game. But I think it's been more than half. The rogues are so hard to deal with, always several levels over me, etc. that I might start saying "What? You're lost? Too bad! I hope the monsters kill you." lol

Tuidjy
12-16-2015, 07:16 PM
Acid Imbued Enhancement (for guards) has no spaces in mouseover.

Sometimes, the town of another clan gets trapped, and a quest to find the culprit appear in the player's clan list. The quest makes it sound as if the culprit is a member of the player clan, and that the evidence is in the player's town. It is not.

From time to time, I still get impossible adventurer wins. More quests than are available, "Scout" quests with no target areas, etc...

The new "spell damage" modifier only appears in new unique items, not in the old sets. Some of the existing mage sets really could benafit from the new mage and old mage boosts like cast time, spell and magic type damage... In the same way, priest sets could get status effects and healing skills, and ranger set could get split projectile bonuses.

Shadow
12-17-2015, 09:57 AM
2. My friend is still getting black screen while trying to connect to me (and I can join him with no problems at all)

Also I'd like to know, how can I help resolve 1 and 2? Stuttering makes game nearly unplayable sometimes.

How are you guys trying to connect: LAN, manual IP address, through the master server, etc.

If you could send me the save files for a game that stutters a lot that might help.

From time to time, I still get impossible adventurer wins. More quests than are available, "Scout" quests with no target areas, etc...

When you get these, can you email me the save game?

Tuidjy
12-17-2015, 03:38 PM
Heh. On my current game, I am waiting for two clans, two members each, to wipe each other, because one has a "Scout" quest with no target. I'll e-mail it to you post-haste. E-MAILED.

--------------

As for the "Find who trapped..." quest, I actually found the evidence in someone else's town, but when I turned the quest in, nothing seemed to happen. At least the quest cleared.

Shadow
12-17-2015, 06:13 PM
The scout issue and the other clan evidence issue should both be fixed in 0.911.

Forevener
12-18-2015, 09:26 AM
How are you guys trying to connect: LAN, manual IP address, through the master server, etc.
We're using Master Server most of the time, but we've also tried Direct Connect (with no success though - black screen persisted).

If you could send me the save files for a game that stutters a lot that might help.
I've attached character, world and map files. I'm not sure what regions is it - Faircliff or Goldedge.

Shadow
12-18-2015, 10:06 AM
I've attached character, world and map files. I'm not sure what regions is it - Faircliff or Goldedge.

I don't see anything attached to this post.

Forevener
12-18-2015, 10:24 AM
I don't see anything attached to this post.
Whoops, file too large.
Ok then: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0Klz6W60mdFd1NiVnFVcndPQ2M/view?usp=sharing

Tuidjy
12-19-2015, 10:30 AM
The enchantments produced by crafting are laughable compared to what drops at similar levels. I've never seen a gem with armor bonus over 150%. I've seen loot with 200%-300%. In the same vein, where drops have elemental protection bonuses in the 80-90 range, the best gems are around 40.

Similarly, when I enchanted a relic at level 81, I got +4.9% skill healing, +4.2% extra projectiles, and +9.1% escape notice. Seriously? This is an order of magnitude less than what drops get.

Most of the time, crafting is nothing but a time sink, and a great way to ruin an OK item by either breaking it outright, or making it so high level that you cannot use it, while remaining too crappy by the time when you reach the level to equip it.