PDA

View Full Version : Alteration Shard Doesn't Work

DrJoeFitz
12-24-2015, 09:48 PM
Hi!

My 15th level Demon Hunter has just started wearing jewelry and has been accumulating gemstones for a while. I noticed that one Common jewelry piece needed only six Alteration Shards for me to make a gem slot in it. I took off the piece, put it in a bag, and tried again and again to make the six shards I had work to create a gem slot. They never did. The jewelry piece was Common and only worth 56 cp; maybe that's why they did not work. I'd be glad to show you my character if your rep would like any more demo as to this not working properly. If I am missing something here, please reply to set me straight about this.

Thanks,

DrJoeFitz

Tuidjy
12-25-2015, 07:00 AM
Alteration shards are supposed to drill slots for gems. Gems go into armor and weapons. Are you sure that alteration shards should even work on jewelry?

DrJoeFitz
12-25-2015, 10:28 AM
My question boils down to whether jewelry counts as armor.

If Alteration Shards can only drill gem slots in weapons and armor, and jewelry doesn't count as armor, then I should not see any message about the number of Alteration Shards I need to do X when I scroll across the item. If jewelry does count as armor, then my having the requisite number of Alteration Shards should be able to drill a gem slot in the jewelry, if it is in a bag at the time.