PDA

View Full Version : Shared Adventure 5

Shadow
01-22-2016, 03:34 PM
For our 5th shared adventure, we have Ludwin the semi-hardcore Archer / Necromancer playing in a small world.

To play: download the attached zip file, unzip the file, and put the 3 files into your chars directory, play that character for just that world, and then post your results.

Chars directory:
Win - C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Local\Zombasite\User
Mac - /Users/YOUR USER NAME/Library/Application Support/Zombasite/User
Linux - ~/.local/Zombasite/User

Post whatever you think is interesting: how you developed your character, interesting events, unfortunate deaths, what the other clans do, etc.

Crisses
01-24-2016, 11:40 PM
I went for a fire arrow + corpse explosion in the end, after trying other types of arrows, but I'm not convinced it was really worth it over bolt of gloom + corpse explosion. I wasn't sure whether the archer's buffs/support skills would work on bolt of gloom.

I won with no deaths. I killed all but 1 clan and they were about 1/3 of my power -- but we already had a non-agression pact and they liked me, so I just went for an alliance, and won on a "diplomatic technicality" (because I'd just killed like 3 clans in a row...). I had also done almost all of the missions by then. I think I was 10th level when I won.

Shadow
01-25-2016, 12:15 PM
In my game all 4 of the clans I have met so far are moving towards alliances. It's a very strange, relatively peaceful game.

Caal
01-25-2016, 07:40 PM
Ludwin loved archery as a child, and thought that someday he could pursue a heroic career as an archer, but one day, as he and his older sister Apoc were out for a walk, they were attacked by monsters. Ludwin, being very young, could not hold them off with his training bow and arrow. Apoc fought valliantly, but Ludwin was unable save her. He watched helplessly as monsters clawed her to death. Ludwin was only able to save himself by hiding until the monsters left. This event changed Ludwin's life. He vowed not only to become a highly skilled archer, but now also pursued the dark art of necromancy. He knew that if he became good enough, people like his sister could get a second chance to destroy the monsters he now so vehemently despised. As he was finishing his studies, Ludwin heard of a town called Coffs located in a region that was being overrun with monsters. He had prepared as well as he could - he could practice limited life restoring skills on himself, but he knew that each needed resurrection would leave him a little weaker. While on his way to Coffs, Ludwin ran into a wizard named Zane and a priest named Mimi. The three of them discovered they had common goals and quickly bonded. Ludwin named their group Apoc in honor of his sister. As they reached Coffs, Zane began to act funny. Ludwin discovered shortly thereafter that Zane was quickly going insane and immediately undertook the quest to cure him.

Ludwin took on several other quests in Black Forest (BF) 1, quickly built his skills, and saved Zane from insanity. He also ran into a friendly Scourge clan who offered him a game of chance, but the paltry sum in Ludwin's pocket did not permit such frivolity. Shortly thereafter, Ludwin rescued Kellendra, a ranger, and Neal the commoner, who both joined Apoc. Ludwin sent them both out to find food. In BF2, Ludwin meets the Sisterhood of Light and Demon Spears. They also seem friendly. Ludwin makes non aggression pacts, then mutual protection pacts with all three of the known clans.

Questing continued uneventfully for quite a while, then Ludwin discovered the Collectors, a very strong clan, in Lamra. Just northeast of Lamra in Kotath, Ludwin made contact with Fang, who introduced him to their allies, The Horde. Later, in the Grand Timberlands of Mana, Ludwin met the unfriendly Dragon Claw clan.

Suddenly, war breaks out. The powerful Collectors go on the offensive and declare war on Apoc. Ludwin's mutual protection pact kicks in and SoL, Demon Spears, and Scourge join in. Collectors divide their effort and tries to fight the war on all fronts. They are successful in destroying the Scourge and SoL, and the relatively weak Demon Spears were destroyed by the guards protecting Lamra. But the division of effort left Lamra vulnerable. Ludwin recruited all hands to raid the Collectors. After a fierce battle, Apoc emerged victorious, but not without consequences. Zane was killed. Ludwin and his crew briefly honored his sacrifice, but knew they had to strengthen up quickly. With the extra food liberated in the battle, there were sufficient provisions for Wardley, a rogue recruited from the Withered Wastelands of Darkness.

When the dust settles, there are three known clans left (Apoc has at least a non aggression pact with each one) with Apoc the strongest at 21, followed by at Fang 13.5, The Horde at 11.5, and Dragon Claw at 6.5, but there is at least one other unknown clan out there, which none of the current clans know anything about. Ludwin doesn't like uncertainty, and he sets out to find them. Ludwin finally encounters the Eviscerators at the far reaches of the Bighorn Grove of Mana, and gets a neutral greeting. Ludwin is pleased to find out their power rating is below his, at 14. So, with four reasonably capable clans in play, Ludwin considers an adventurer win, currently with 32 quests remaining, but would also consider a diplomatic win if the right conditions present themselves. However, this would involve giving the hard to find Evicerators access to the other clans, and Ludwin is not sure he wants to risk another set of wars by doing so.

A zombie mutation occurs - now all new zombies will have the minor giant trait.

Ludwin continues to slowly whittle down the quest total, and, as part of that, rescues Ley, the commoner, who joins Apoc. Without much additional difficulty, Ludwin finishes the remaining quests for an adventurer win and is rewarded with Ciglio's Robe.