PDA

View Full Version : Zombasite patch 0.917

Shadow
01-28-2016, 02:42 PM
Patch 0.917 of Zombasite is available over on the Zombasite patch page (http://www.soldak.com/Zombasite/Patches.html). Changes can be read here (http://www.soldak.com/Zombasite/Patches/Changes.html). This patch replaces hunting timer with expedition points, adds adventure expedition, upgrades lots of skills, adds several new special rooms, and fixes a bunch of other minor issues.

Caal
01-29-2016, 12:55 AM
My clan screen shows me with a green exclamation point and also one next to the solved quests line, but the solved quest screen shows no quests. My bulletin board does not show the green exclamation point.

-------------

Just figured it out. One of my clan members had his personal quest solved. These apparently don't show up on the main quest screen or the bulletin board.

bubicus
01-29-2016, 01:32 AM
On my NPC info screen, the expedition points are appearing on top of a duplicated timer. I assume the two timers aren't even supposed to be visible?

Screenshot attached.

bubicus
01-29-2016, 01:35 AM
It would be nice if the left/right arrow keys were hotkeys for the arrows on the "Show NPC" screen, so one could cycle through the NPCs quickly. It would help when comparing their stats.

It might be nice to have hotkeys for the six buttons at the bottom, too, but the arrow keys would be really useful.

bubicus
01-29-2016, 01:39 AM
A minor bug: in windowed mode, all highlights and tooltips still function in the game window even if another window is on top of the game window, and also even if another window has input focus.

For example, I'm typing this post in Chrome right now, and it's the topmost window. Zombasite is running in a window behind Chrome, and it's currently on the "Show NPC" screen. I can move the mouse cursor around the covered letters for Strength, Dexterity, etc., but I can still see tooltips. If I move over the partially covered buttons for "Recruit to Party" and "Extra Rations", I can still see the rollover highlights. If I move the mouse cursor over an item's icon, I see the description of the item appear in the game window behind Chrome.

Fortunately, clicks in the active window do not trigger mousedown/mouseup events in the game window. :-)

bubicus
01-29-2016, 02:32 AM
I noticed that the damage numbers and food looting numbers ("+X clan food") stopped appearing for a while. They would not reappear even after I went to the Options menu, unchecked the appropriate checkboxes, clicked Apply, re-checked the appropriate checkboxes, and clicked Apply again. They also wouldn't reappear if I quit the game and restarted. After a few minutes, the numbers suddenly started appearing again.

bubicus
01-29-2016, 02:58 AM
On a Huge map with v0.916, I had activated at least a dozen gates and I had mapped out most of the areas. I loaded v0.917, then I raided and defeated two clans. After defeating them, I noticed that many of the areas I had mapped were no longer mapped, and the gates for those areas were no longer activated (I only had five activated gates after the raids).

I don't know whether it was the version upgrade or the raids that caused the map data to reset. I also forgot to back up the save file, so I can't provide one this time.

Caal
01-29-2016, 12:43 PM
1) What do the two numbers on the new .917 hunting/expedition screen mean?

2) It would be nice if whatever food situation you are in at the end of an area is carried forward to a new area. Right now, a new area always starts with two times minimum food, so anything you have done in the past to create food surpluses or deficits is lost when moving to a new area.

3) I think the logistics win is flawed. I had a clan with 14 members and a decent food surplus. I was then raided by three clans simultaneously, during which I lost all but two clan members due to death or desertion. But, long before the battle was over, a food supply that was comfortable for a 15 person clan became overwhelming for a three person clan, triggering the logistics win condition. It doesn't feel right that suffering massive casualties should create a victory condition. Maybe food could be looted by the killer on death, or stolen by a deserter so that the condition doesn't trigger, or the victory condition could be based on something else, like gold finding, high level item finding, or crafting.

Shadow
01-29-2016, 01:11 PM
1) Current Expedition Points / Max Expedition Points

2) It does have some carry over mechanics. The quick version is that it tries to carry over some of the food, has a minimum amount that you can start with, and tries to not let you keep too much so you don't get a logistics win right away after a logistics win.

Crisses
01-31-2016, 09:46 AM
My clan screen shows me with a green exclamation point and also one next to the solved quests line, but the solved quest screen shows no quests. My bulletin board does not show the green exclamation point.

-------------

Just figured it out. One of my clan members had his personal quest solved. These apparently don't show up on the main quest screen or the bulletin board.

I had some similar weird quest issues: An NPC quest shows up when you point to an area and get the list of quests in the area -- but the NPC in question doesn't always have the ? over their head. Sometimes it shows up the next time I'm in town, etc. It might be helpful if it both gave the clan name and the name of the NPC who has that quest in the list?

in the quest list (Q), some of the quest names once completed are so long that "Completed" in yellow scrolls off the screen. Scroll bars appear. I'd suggest either reduce the font size so it fits -- or change the entire name of completed quests to gold/yellow. Or put a yellow checkmark for completed quests at the beginning of the name, rather than tacking it on as a whole word at the end?

Crisses
01-31-2016, 09:54 AM
The Herodius avatar came by and made a lifestone noise the whole time he was in range of my party -- it was a regeneration affect. Much needed, but noisy.

P4 quests -- "optional"? Optional quests shouldn't have a "priority" level. They could be just (O) for Optional. It would make more sense in the HUGE lists of quests that sometimes scroll off the screen when pointing to an area.... I didn't realize until LAST NIGHT that all(?) of the P4 quests were optional.

And there's no place in the help system that explains the priority numbers. That might help explain how I could play this game so long and not notice.

(in case this seems a little nitpicky: priority and optional are nearly antonyms...something that has priority is required, something that is optional is not required.)

DanSota
01-31-2016, 06:25 PM
P4 quests -- "optional"? Optional quests shouldn't have a "priority" level. They could be just (O) for Optional. It would make more sense in the HUGE lists of quests that sometimes scroll off the screen when pointing to an area.... I didn't realize until LAST NIGHT that all(?) of the P4 quests were optional.

Technically all the quests are optional, you don't have to do any of them, but bad things could happen if you ignore ones that aren't. Think of priority levels like danger levels. Sure, something may be harmless, but you still give it a danger level rating regardless.

Crisses
02-01-2016, 12:05 AM
Wishing well heal/repair didn't heal my NPCs or their minion, but says "heals us" in the text?

During an attack on my town, one of my guards was attacking my door. I don't think he actually did damage to it, but it was glitchy.

After a town attack, everyone in town crowded around a gate, flaming swords and all, and didn't go back to work. I had come back for a 2nd town attack....and they were still standing there. I got them to go back to work -- not sure if it was proximity or me fiddling with one of the NPC's work settings.

Gate guards should only attack things that are in the town, not run out of town chasing things down. They have a problem where they'll go deeper and deeper into the neighboring area if they keep getting into proximity of creatures outside the town.

Crisses
02-01-2016, 12:07 AM
Technically all the quests are optional, you don't have to do any of them, but bad things could happen if you ignore ones that aren't. Think of priority levels like danger levels. Sure, something may be harmless, but you still give it a danger level rating regardless.

I figure P1-P3 is your "honey do" list. It's not optional, you should try to do these things or your town will be very unhappy and there might be retribution.

If everyone considers their "honey do" list to be "Technically optional" it would explain the current divorce rates.

DanSota
02-01-2016, 12:27 AM
I figure P1-P3 is your "honey do" list. It's not optional, you should try to do these things or your town will be very unhappy and there might be retribution.

If everyone considers their "honey do" list to be "Technically optional" it would explain the current divorce rates.

They are perfectly optional. Plenty of times I've played through just messing around and not focusing much on them. If they weren't optional, they would be required to beat an area, and they aren't. You can clear a map without doing them, at least, without trying to. Inevitably you will complete some as you go about your way. Now, is this the recommended or best way to play? No, but it is totally possible.

Caal
02-02-2016, 07:33 PM
If you don't have enough money for the Order of the Moon's special reward for a mutual protection pact, the message "BuyCovenantSpecialItemCantAfford" comes up.

I also could not recruit a conjurer who already had skellies summoned. They were seen as enemies and the message "Enemies Too Close" appeared when attempting to recruit.

Crisses
02-02-2016, 08:21 PM
I also could not recruit a conjurer who already had skellies summoned. They were seen as enemies and the message "Enemies Too Close" appeared when attempting to recruit.

I reported that problem a couple weeks ago. A recruit had a fire elemental summoned I think -- and I couldn't recruit them etc. because of the same reason. Maybe the bug will get squished this time. :)

Shadow
02-03-2016, 10:05 AM
I reported that problem a couple weeks ago. A recruit had a fire elemental summoned I think -- and I couldn't recruit them etc. because of the same reason. Maybe the bug will get squished this time. :)

I believe I have this fixed for 0.918.

DanSota
02-14-2016, 02:14 AM
I just got around to looking at it, and I noticed that the piercing projectiles hitting the same enemy multiple times was patched out. I actually liked this feature for just messing around with the game and not playing it more seriously. It doesn't look like this was patched through the Assets though, at least I can't find it. Would there be a way to make a mod to re-enable it, so that it works as intended in the base game still?

Shadow
02-15-2016, 12:42 PM
I just got around to looking at it, and I noticed that the piercing projectiles hitting the same enemy multiple times was patched out. I actually liked this feature for just messing around with the game and not playing it more seriously. It doesn't look like this was patched through the Assets though, at least I can't find it. Would there be a way to make a mod to re-enable it, so that it works as intended in the base game still?

No, it was a code change. If you wanted to mod something similar you could just change one of the projectile attacks to do a ton of damage.

DanSota
02-15-2016, 09:57 PM
No, it was a code change. If you wanted to mod something similar you could just change one of the projectile attacks to do a ton of damage.

True, but I just liked watching it constantly hit the same target over and over super fast. I'll miss it, but I understand completely why it was changed. It was so laughably broken.