PDA

View Full Version : Question about reduced attack time mechanic

wallacethefmh
01-29-2016, 10:28 AM
I have a Death Knight that uses the skill that gives the bonus, and I'm paraphrasing here because I'm at work, "if this skill lands the killing blow, gain X reduced attack time, stacks up to 4 times"

Now what I've noticed is this doesn't seem to effect any of the non-basic attacks I use, including itself. It only seems to effect my regular attacks. Is this the intentional working of the Reduced Attack Time mechanic?

Shadow
01-29-2016, 01:05 PM
Weapon attack skills are a little strange in that they don't ever change their timing. They do however change their damage based on the basic attacks dps. So basically they won't get faster, but their damage will go up to effective do the same thing (dps wise).

wallacethefmh
02-04-2016, 12:10 PM
Weapon attack skills are a little strange in that they don't ever change their timing. They do however change their damage based on the basic attacks dps. So basically they won't get faster, but their damage will go up to effective do the same thing (dps wise).

Ah, okay. Death knight has a lot of on-non-basic-attack procs and I was planning to build around fast attack speed to apply these more frequently, but I guess that won't work as well as I was thinking.

Thanks for info