PDA

View Full Version : Shared Adventure 8

Shadow
02-12-2016, 04:31 PM
For our 8th shared adventure, we have the 1st level Trius the hardcore Gladiator / Dark Templar playing in a medium world. Trius is also a Prima Donna (can't use and items except set, elite, artifact, or legendary).

To play: download the attached zip file, unzip the file, and put the 4 files into your chars directory, play that character for just that world, and then post your results.

Chars directory:
Win - C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Local\Zombasite\User
Mac - /Users/YOUR USER NAME/Library/Application Support/Zombasite/User
Linux - ~/.local/Zombasite/User

Post whatever you think is interesting: how you developed your character, interesting events, unfortunate deaths, what the other clans do, etc.

Shadow
02-12-2016, 06:29 PM
Funny thing happened in this one already. The Arsonist Con the Shadow started a fire and then shortly after that he died. I'm betting he died by fire.

Caal
02-13-2016, 11:35 AM
I was not aware that the prima donna class could not use relics, gems, or gates unless they were set level or higher. I don't recall ever seeing unique or artifact relics, gems, or gates.

Shadow
02-13-2016, 04:22 PM
I was not aware that the prima donna class could not use relics, gems, or gates unless they were set level or higher.

I noticed that also. I'm pretty sure I'm going to make those exceptions like bags.

Crisses
02-13-2016, 04:59 PM
Are there elite/set guards? That's another issue too.

Throwback
02-15-2016, 08:02 AM
These shared adventures are a cool idea and I definitely intend to participate once I have levelled my solo character.

Crisses
02-15-2016, 09:19 AM
I think I got up a good number of levels before dying. I only found 1 elite piece of armor in the whole time, and towards the end I found 1 elite sword to replace the cursed axe.

I lost the front gate during an attack, and because of Prima Donna I couldn't even swap another gate that was already there to the front.

I died due to stupidity. Didn't notice my health was so low until it was too late for a potion to help.

Caal
02-15-2016, 12:08 PM
Trius grew up in a wealthy household where he had the best of everything. He became spoiled and wouldn't settle for anything less than the best. But, just as he was leaving school, economic hard times overcame the land and wiped out Trius' family fortune. Trius thought the life of an adventurer would win him back his wealth. His family pleaded with him not to go, seeing that he was unprepared for such a life. Nevertheless, Trius headed off to Matra, where he met Charrah and Pia who joined his party, and off they went.

In the Deep Desert, he recruited Charvey, a warrior, for the clan. The trio killed Con the Shadow before he had the chance to set himself on fire. Moving on to the nearby Horrific Algerian Hinterland, Trius found the cure for the Black Death. He tried to rescue Redmond, but orcs got to him first. In his adventuring, Trius discovered Nightwatch in Brechstan and Nemesis in Tulia. Trius and his party were finding useful items, but Trius would have none of it, so the other clan members would divide the loot up among themselves. The only item Trius would take was Ciglio's robe.

Charvey in particular became upset because Trius would not even put up gates to defend the town he was guarding unless they were gold plated, or use guards unless they had royal lineage. He was miserable and had enough - for a generous bribe, he secretly told Nemesis about the spoiled rich kid pretending to be a hero. Trius discovered this treachery and expelled Charvey, but it was too late. Nemesis took full advanteage of the intelligence it had received, and poured all of its considerable resources into a raid on Matra. Trius rushed back to defend his town, but the last thing he heard was Charvey's obnoxious cackle from outside the gates.

Shadow
02-17-2016, 05:17 PM
I just had a crazy sequence of events.

First someone poisoned someone in town. So I go to the clan screen and I'm down to only one recruit left, Wynn. So Wynn inadvertently poisoned himself. I have about an hour to cure Wynn, but I decide it would be better to just find a new NPC if I can.

Then the Horde decided to launch a surprise raid against me (declared war and started raiding at same time). This brought their ally the Collectors into the war automatically.

Right after this Wynn decided that getting poisoned was the last straw and went renegade. I decided to put Wynn out of his misery. Then ran wildly around Deep Desert and Algerian Hinterland looking for a new NPC since the lose timer was quickly running out. I luckily managed to find Rus. Normally Rus wouldn't be a very good NPC, but I was desperate so I wasn't going to be picky.

So Rus and I come back to town and slowly kill off the Horde raiders. Once we get them down to 1 recruit left, they of course fled back to their town.
I'm not about to let them live, so we start raiding them. We kill off 2 guards easily, but then the door has a ton of health.

At about this time the Collectors start raiding my town and my axe breaks. Of course since this challenge is hardcore, I can't repair my axe and since it is also Prima Donna I have to have some kind of unique weapon to replace it, which I don't have.

So I'm on a raid, someone is raiding my town, I have 1 low level NPC, and I have no weapon. Then I remember that the Collectors have almost my exact axe for sale. So I buy the axe from them, finished off the door and last recruit of the Horde, and then get the Collectors to sign a peace treaty since they only declared war because of their alliance.

I have no idea what I was doing before everything went crazy. I might have actually been working or something. :)

Crisses
02-17-2016, 08:10 PM
Totally forgot that other clans might have items I need for sale. Didn't even think of it. Cool.