PDA

View Full Version : Demon War on Gamer's Gate

Shadow
04-06-2011, 04:16 PM
Din's Curse: Demon War is now on Gamer's Gate (http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-DCDWPC/dins-curse-demon-war-pc) (well the Windows version is, Mac coming soon).

udm
04-06-2011, 04:55 PM
Hey Shadow do you think you can help me get both DC and DW plugged into my Gamersgate account? Both are bought directly from Soldak.

Greyloch
04-06-2011, 06:03 PM
Cool, purchased and downloaded.

Potential issue I noticed:

Demon War installs to "Dins Curse" which is fine, since that is the name of the original directory from when I purchased and installed the base game initially. However, when I went to install patch 1.023, it tried to install to "Din's Curse", which would have resulted in a different directory. I manually pointed it at the correct one, seems to work. This might trip up someone else though, might want to ask them to be more consistent with their directory naming practices.

alstein
04-07-2011, 07:17 AM
Impulse installs a game to a different directory- guessing that's your reason. Just adjust things however you want.

Either that or you're running into the Din's Curse/Din's Curse issue , in which case you went down one directory too low.

Shadow
04-07-2011, 10:00 AM
Cool, purchased and downloaded.

Potential issue I noticed:

Demon War installs to "Dins Curse" which is fine, since that is the name of the original directory from when I purchased and installed the base game initially. However, when I went to install patch 1.023, it tried to install to "Din's Curse", which would have resulted in a different directory. I manually pointed it at the correct one, seems to work. This might trip up someone else though, might want to ask them to be more consistent with their directory naming practices.

Are you referring to our patch or their patch?

Shadow
04-07-2011, 10:11 AM
Hey Shadow do you think you can help me get both DC and DW plugged into my Gamersgate account? Both are bought directly from Soldak.

I sent GG an email to see if this is possible.

udm
04-07-2011, 11:09 AM
Thanks a lot, please keep me posted on how it goes :)

Greyloch
04-07-2011, 01:45 PM
Are you referring to our patch or their patch?

Their patch. Everything I have, I've gotten from them (Gamer's Gate). Din's Curse base install, Demon War, and the patches.

Shadow
04-07-2011, 02:22 PM
Thanks a lot, please keep me posted on how it goes :)

Ok, they responded already and told me how to do this. It looks easy enough, although I haven't tested it out yet. Just send me an email so I can verify your purchase. I usually just need your email address that you used to purchase the game with.

udm
04-07-2011, 03:16 PM
Done and sent :)

udm
04-09-2011, 07:18 PM
Hi Steven, just to let you know, the games have been added to my Gamersgate account. Thank you so much once again! :D

*prostrate*