PDA

View Full Version : Impulse Weekend Sale

Shadow
04-07-2011, 02:39 PM
All 3 of our games are 50% off over on Impulse (http://www.impulsedriven.com/publisher/soldak_entertainment) this weekend (including today)!

ums
04-07-2011, 03:59 PM
This is a great deal. However,

I'm on my MBP at the moment so I can't put Impulse on (obviously). I've bought a few games from them when it was primarily the distribution for Stardock's creations, but I do not recall whether you receive a legitimate serial # with a purchase or one which will only ever activate the program on their service?

In other words, this is a great deal but if it is essentiall for the PC only version it makes more sense just to buy directly from Soldak. However if the serials will transfer over and be dual-platform so I can also play when I'm out of the house, I'll grab Din's and Kivi's from Impulse and the expansion from Soldak directly.

Thanks y'all.
ums

Shadow
04-07-2011, 04:27 PM
Well the keys on Impulse are the same thing as ours, but you won't have access to download the full Mac build. We only do the dual-platform thing for Din's Curse & Demon War right now anyway.

Castruccio
04-07-2011, 04:39 PM
Is there a way to buy Din's for PC from Impulse and then enter your key into a PC version that is not bound to impulse?

Basically, I have a friend who wants to buya key from Impulse but doesn't want to run the game through impulse because he doesn't like having the Impulse software on his pc.

rareh
04-07-2011, 04:44 PM
Hey.
Can i play the expansion if, I buy Din's curse from impulse?
Or do i have to buy it again to play the expansion ?
I am asking this, because it is strange that the expansion is not present in impulse, so i just assumed one must buy the base game here from soldak, directly to play the expansion.
Thx, greetings from Portugal.

ums
04-07-2011, 05:02 PM
Well the keys on Impulse are the same thing as ours, but you won't have access to download the full Mac build. We only do the dual-platform thing for Din's Curse & Demon War right now anyway.

(My mistake on Kivi's, thank you for pointing that out.)

So the only way to get access to download the full Mac build of Din's Curse directly from Soldak is to purchase from Soldak?

Getting Din's / Demon war half from Impulse and half from Soldak would still be a great deal at $20 (33% off total), but if the Impulse license only assures download rights from Impulse then it is really a Windows only sale. (Which I do frequently buy, but never for games that would otherwise be naturally cross-platform.)

caldazar
04-07-2011, 06:18 PM
Though this is a great deal, I am hesitant due to Impulse's recent acquisition by Gamestop.

I already own DoP and DC w/expansion - so I'd just be picking up Kivi's, but still, I balk :|

When the time comes, and I have the money, I will purchase it directly from Soldak I think, unless Steam picks up Kivi at some point (I like steam).

Shadow
04-07-2011, 06:30 PM
Is there a way to buy Din's for PC from Impulse and then enter your key into a PC version that is not bound to impulse?

Not really.

Can i play the expansion if, I buy Din's curse from impulse? Or do i have to buy it again to play the expansion?

I'm still waiting on Impulse to see if we can get the expansion on there also, but buying DC from Impulse and then the expansion from us works fine. You just have to be careful and make sure the expansion installs to wherever Impulse hides the DC install.

So the only way to get access to download the full Mac build of Din's Curse directly from Soldak is to purchase from Soldak?

Yes.

Castruccio
04-07-2011, 07:30 PM
Thanks for all the great info, and thanks for arranging the sale.

ums
04-07-2011, 08:18 PM
Ok then, enjoy the $30 because I'm dual platform and more into supporting devs than distributors. Keep up the good work, going to rock Din's / Demon War tonight as soon as I'm done grading exams. Thanks for the quick / no-nonsense responses.

Castruccio
04-08-2011, 10:47 PM

Basically, I have a friend who wants to buya key from Impulse but doesn't want to run the game through impulse because he doesn't like having the Impulse software on his pc.

I can answer my own question now. You can buy the game through Impulse, uninstall Impulse, and the game still works. You can even move the game from the "Indie Games" directory that impulse installs it to into a new directory called "Din's Curse" and everything works fine.