View Full Version : Zombasite patch 0.927
04-08-2016, 05:16 PM
Patch 0.927 of Zombasite is available over on the Zombasite patch page (http://www.soldak.com/Zombasite/Patches.html). Changes can be read here (http://www.soldak.com/Zombasite/Patches/Changes.html). This patch adds monster battles, defaults to only showing quests from known locations, makes NPC personalities more important, and fixes a bunch of other minor issues.
04-11-2016, 03:57 PM
I am still getting enemies who appear green or amber on the minimap, and who require right clicking to attack. The last ones were Hulks sent by my arch-nemesis to pillage my town. They appeared green.
04-11-2016, 05:14 PM
I noticed that as well, I usually just use the 1 key to attack but it's probably annoying for all the leftmouse guys.
04-12-2016, 09:42 PM
I have been playing loner characters lately, and I have been adventuring with other clans a lot. Here are some things that are moderately annoying:
- when I adventure with a clan, I get penalties with other clans, even if they are in relatively good terms with the one with which I'm adventuring. To make things worse, I get relation hits even with clans that have no contact with me or the other clan. How the hell do they know, and why do they care?
- the people with whom I'm adventuring will not heal at my health stone. I have to go to their clan's seat, and let them heal there.
- when someone attacks their city, they stop adventuring with me... even if I am in the process of defending their clan's seat. There should be a grace period in which they will remain with you, and they should not leave if you are in their city.
- when I start adventuring with them again, I often get the same clan member, and even though he has been siting at home for a while, he often has made no attempt at healing himself.
- the people with whom I'm adventuring often lose happiness. There is nothing I can do about it, and eventually they go renegade. When this happens, they get a huge jump in power... which is OK. They also sometimes do so inside my clan seat, which is kinda of weird. They also drop their existing equipment, and pull much better gear out of thin air. And finally, if they are the last member of their clan, the clan does not disappear, and seems to stay around with zero members until I reload.
And on an unrelated note, adventuring wins are a total and utter chore, and you end up having to make other clans kill each other until one remains. Quests are regenerated faster than I can complete them, even if I pay for target locations... and they bring no rewards worth mentioning. In an area that I started at level+6, by the time I gave up and allowed the remaining clans to kill each other, I was getting quests which gave me 8 coppers and no experience, at level 30. I had 280 quests at the end... and more than half of these were after I had reduced the quest number down to single digits and had explored every area of the world.
04-13-2016, 10:13 PM
Some escort NPCs still have really low hit points, namely 4 hits per level. If their health obeys rules similar to those of PCs, it probably means that their Vitality is 0.
04-14-2016, 08:33 PM
When you have the priest's Shield Slam skill, and only one opponent, you can get experience for a kill twice, apparently when the skill triggers, and either attack is enough to kill.
While on the subject of Shield Slam, I do not like that the slam targets inanimate objects. It's one thing when whirlwind cuts down a support beam or breaks an explosive barrel. Whirlwind looks like a wild swing that hits everything in the area. But attacks like Shield Slam and the thief's dual target attack are not uncontrolled, and should not damage anything that is not an enemy.
vBulletin® v3.6.7, Copyright ©2000-2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.