PDA

View Full Version : menu buttons

Maledictus
04-13-2011, 12:26 PM
I've been working on/with the UI and have made some new textures for buttons and stuff, but I can't seem to find why the buttons in the menu have this blue color mask (which is what I want to change). Can anybody point me towards where that is set? Thanks.

ebarstad
04-13-2011, 12:44 PM
I don't have an answer for your question (sorry), but I'm definitely interested in seeing your UI changes when you have them finished.

Shadow
04-13-2011, 07:50 PM
The buttons default to blue in the code, however you can use the ButtonColor command to change it to whatever color you want. You should be able to do this like
ButtonColor Yellow
or
ButtonColor "1.0 1.0 0.0"

Maledictus
04-14-2011, 04:59 AM
Thanks. I've put color and texture in the button TGAs so I'm hoping color 0.0 0.0 0.0 does what I think it does...

Edit: nope, it's 255 255 255. Excellent.
But now there is a slight new problem. Do I understand correctly that there's no way to make these changes in such a way that patches do not invalidate them? I have to add commands to several MNU files, which is a problem. And, for some reason the resume button seems to ignore the color change.

Shadow
04-14-2011, 10:05 AM
The only way to be patch safe is to use the mergeWith stuff if you can.

The resume button probably has a ImportantButton line which makes it purple. You can remove that line.

Maledictus
04-14-2011, 11:10 AM
Yeah, tried the mergewith approach but that won't work (it seems) because it essentially creates duplicate entries for all the buttons. I'll have another go, thanks for the info.

Edit: having to change all the button entries to go from the default color blue is too much of a hassle, so I'm abandoning this for now. It would be cool if that default button color had one entry somewhere (away from the code) so it would be possible to change the default behaviour without having to change x files. I know this is very minor and I'm certainly not expecting you to change this, just something that sprung to mind, mainly caused by the fact that the blue clashes with the rest of the interface, which was my main reason to change it.