PDA

View Full Version : Demonic Roar and Terrorize

Haus
04-13-2011, 04:07 PM
I've never put points in Terrorize, but these two skills have an identical effect. Do they scale identically? If so, why are there two identical skills for the same class? If intended for some reason, why is Terrorize more costly than Demonic Roar?

DeathKnight1728
04-13-2011, 04:11 PM
Terroize gives -600 to defense and attack of monsters with 1 casting at lvl 20
Demon Roar gives -300 to defense and attack of monsters with 4 castings at lvl 20.

Haus
04-13-2011, 04:27 PM
Terroize gives -600 to defense and attack of monsters with 1 casting at lvl 20
Demon Roar gives -300 to defense and attack of monsters with 4 castings at lvl 20.

Ah, Terrorize doesn't stack, so the use mechanic is slightly different, although doesn't Demonic Roar only stack 3 times? Will the two skills stack with each other?

I'll have to experiment around with this. It still makes little sense to me for a class to have two iterations of the same debuff.:confused:

Arjun123
04-13-2011, 04:47 PM
The class actually has three debuffs; don't forget the Warden's excellent Spirit Strike. While it may not be necessary for a Demon Hunter to invest in all three skills, keep in mind that this rich abundance of debuffs is great for hybrid characters. Any hybrid containing one of the DH specialties gets a debuff.

Haus
04-13-2011, 05:36 PM
Spirit Strike debuffs different stats though, doesn't it?

I'm all for having a debuff in every tree, but Terrorize and Demonic Roar seem too close to the same, especially to be in two trees of the same class. Perhaps I'm still missing something though.

Haus
04-18-2011, 08:47 PM
I've been experimenting with the two of these. One thing I don't understand about Terrorize is the graphic. It creates a static fog that seems to last for the duration of the spell, but monsters that enter or leave the fog don't gain or lose the debuff, it seems to behave exactly the same as demonic roar. Is this intended? The graphic makes me wonder if that was supposed to be part of the difference, that one is a stationary ground effect and the other is a direct debuff on monsters.

Other than the confusing(and somewhat annoying) graphic, I'm feeling like Terrorize is a lot more useful.