PDA

View Full Version : Planet Names

Pazzoberserk
04-21-2016, 06:02 PM
Ehy, I just want to change some planets names (in more memorizable and silly names) but I just can't find the random names in 'assets' there is a planets.txt file, but planets names aren't the same listed in the file... I'm confused :confused:

Shadow
04-21-2016, 06:41 PM
Planets.txt is what you want. The game doesn't use them directly though. It builds random names using those from the file basically as guidelines using a Markov algorithm.

Pazzoberserk
04-21-2016, 08:41 PM
Planets.txt is what you want. The game doesn't use them directly though. It builds random names using those from the file basically as guidelines using a Markov algorithm.

Got it, thank you! :)

Pazzoberserk
04-23-2016, 02:58 PM
Another question, in assets there is (in names) ships.txt
and I noticed that the same boss names are in global.trn, to modify the boss names I must change the names in global or I need to rename them also in ships.txt? looks like ships.txt is not used by the game to me -thanks-

Shadow
04-23-2016, 03:56 PM
Another question, in assets there is (in names) ships.txt and I noticed that the same boss names are in global.trn

The boss names use what is in global.trn and ships.txt is used for random names (renegades, rescues, random name generator for player ships, etc).

Pazzoberserk
04-23-2016, 06:08 PM
Thank you again for the quick answers! time to proceed, so this should be the right thing to do...

LegionName6_5 "Superior Pulse"
LegionName6_5Unique "Windows Vista"
LegionName6_5bUnique "Windows ME"
LegionName6_5Legend "Windows 8"

(I'd also like to say that I'm very fond of your games, I like them a LOT, great work!)

Evander
08-12-2019, 06:39 PM

And I wondered why my +100 new names got twisted into some random babytalk :D

There should be a way to disable this algorithm in setting and use just the names with perhaps -a -b etc if they repeat.

Shadow
08-13-2019, 11:50 AM
You might be able to change the parm value to 1 to do that.

Evander
08-13-2019, 03:53 PM
Which param would that be? :)

Shadow
08-13-2019, 06:52 PM
At the top of planets.txt, there is a line that says parms 2. If I'm remembering correctly if you change that to 1 it will keep the names like they are.

Evander
08-15-2019, 08:21 AM
Thanks. This could go to a wiki or something :)