PDA

View Full Version : Zombasite patch 0.930

Shadow
04-29-2016, 04:38 PM
Patch 0.930 of Zombasite is available over on the Zombasite patch page (http://www.soldak.com/Zombasite/Patches.html). Changes can be read here (http://www.soldak.com/Zombasite/Patches/Changes.html). This patch adds a bunch of group quests (Covens, Marauders, Cults, etc), optimizes things better, allows paying vendors to come to town, adds capture guards expedition, and fixes a bunch of other minor issues.

GTD-Carthage
04-30-2016, 10:22 AM
Great work! The game just gets better every time (it's already good, I clocked a ton of hours already and I'm just about to hit Elite difficulty - taking my sweet time :P )!

I have another thing, I noticed the teleporters of abandoned towns don't actually register on your own gate. I initially thought this was intentional by design but after I recently stomped out Heart of Gold (wrong early alliance picks, sigh) from their place, it turned out their town was two more towns behind and each of these did not have registered waypoints on my town gate either, being abandoned.

Tuidjy
04-30-2016, 02:11 PM
I also think that if a gate can function A-OK in a wilderness area overrun by monsters, there is no real reason to disable the gate of a defeated clan.

Tuidjy
04-30-2016, 05:58 PM
Dark Elf Totems still move around in combat. Looks pretty cool, but probably should not happen.

-----------

I think the Unholy armor buff's description is unclear. It reduces the chances for critical hits, but is that the chance the player scores one, or the chance that he suffers one? Skills usually list all positives, and only then negatives, so the description seems to indicate the former. On the other hand, armor skills like the Demon Hunter's protect the player, and my own experimentation hints at the latter, as well.

I suggest that you add a few words to the text description, and make it clear.

Tuidjy
04-30-2016, 07:47 PM
There seems to be something wrong with the description of Damec's set. It states that there are five items in the set, but lists only three (tunic, leggings, boots) even on the gloves and cap, which I actually have.

Throwback
05-01-2016, 07:34 AM
The 'getting revenge' quest refers to the massacre of humans, even if it is for a monster clan.

Faceless
05-01-2016, 03:25 PM
Restarted with the new patch. New character, new world.

I noticed that some of the oil/ice/poison patches can sometimes spawn with the circle of green veteran dots. Is that intentional?

Also, would it be possible to enable inventory slot stacking for gems of the same type and quality level? I would prefer to hold onto them until I have socket items, but I am being forced to salvage them because they are slowly taking over all my inventory.

For what its worth, have not run across the gold 'neutral' monsters yet. I say that with the caveat that I probably have not played enough since the patch to have sampled enough of the world RNG.

Tuidjy
05-01-2016, 05:36 PM
Minor annoyance. I have a weapon that casts Earthquake when it hits. While I am shifted into a beast form, I get constantly spammed with "Cannot use skills". I am not even sure that it makes sense that the weapon cannot do its thing just because I am shapeshifted... but even if you want to keep it that way, could we be rid of the spam?

Faceless
05-03-2016, 02:40 AM
Thank you for adding the ability to temporarily 'rent' a vendor so they stay in town. Just used it and it worked. Elegantly resolves one of my suggestions in the feedback thread.

Few more minor issues:
Love Potions also do not stack in inventory.

The Arrow Slit Trap moves around like an active monster. Sort of funny to see a rock slab bob and weave, but I doubt it is intentional since none of the other traps move.

Personally haven't seen any new clans spawned yet, but that may just be RNG on my end instead of a real issue.

Tuidjy
05-05-2016, 09:38 PM
More often than not, when I get a "Rumored position of Foo's waypoint added to Bar map", I get no new waypoints. On a somewhat related topic, when enemies retreat, I will sometimes get more than one, up to three, messages of the above sort, not necessarily about the same map, and no, not adjacent maps, either, so it is not explained by the target walking across the border.

Faceless
05-06-2016, 12:46 AM
Had a clan war break out. One of the human npcs died right on the border wall of a town map cell. It spawned an vengeful apparition outside the map. The quest to kill it placed the target hint waypoint in what would be the next cell over - the area had a name but there was definitely no way enter that map cell to get over there and actually complete the quest. I completely explored all accessible areas and revealed the entire map before I gave up. Made getting an adventuring victory impossible.

Tuidjy
05-06-2016, 06:39 PM
There are a few quest types that require you kill a number of human NPCs - fanatics from a cult, syndicate rogues, etc... The experience rewards listed in the quest log are laughably low, while on completion, they are much higher, even if still slightly on the low side.

Faceless
05-06-2016, 10:30 PM
A final 0.930 bug. World generated was Normal pace, Small size. One of the map cells only uses a small corner in the south, barely 1/9th of the cell. It has two dungeon entrances and the waypoint gate all crammed in. That is all there is, both by the 'map explored' notice, and by how there are no entrances on the other sides of the cell. Quests are being generated for the zone, but the actual accessible surface area is so small that hardly anything ever spawns so they are impossible to do.

I confirm that I also see 'Rumored' target positions not adding waypoints to the map, as Tuidjy reported.

Also, is "Zanely Downs" some kind of default zone name for when things are assigned to a map cell you cannot get to? I've seen the name several times across multiple games but I've never been able to physically find and enter a zone with that name.