PDA

View Full Version : [MOD]Larger Minimap

Mujik
05-03-2016, 11:41 PM
This is a port form my mod for Drox Operative,
it makes the minimap a little larger (as larger as the code permits without looking strange), it also moves the name of the system below the minimap for an easier visualization.

Instalation:
Just download it and put the zip file directly into the assets directory wherever you installed Zombasite. You don't want to unzip it.

Comparison
http://i.imgur.com/zucisd6.png

Leave a comment if you have any suggestion on how to improve the UI

MindDefect
05-05-2016, 04:16 AM
Very nice! Makes the minimap more useful for navigation purposes. I know you placed the region name below for space saving, but I also think it looks way better that way too. I think it's perfect the way you have it!

I was thinking, with minimaps on my mind.. since clicking on the minimap does nothing, that it should bring one to the full map screen. And also maybe have something bigger and obvious like Din's Curse had, to bring you back to game view, besides only x'ing out the map window (without needing hotkey).

MindDefect
05-06-2016, 12:34 AM
T̶r̶i̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶i̶s̶s̶u̶e̶ ̶I̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶g̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶d̶u̶n̶g̶e̶o̶n̶s̶.̶.̶.̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶u̶n̶g̶e̶o̶n̶ ̶r̶e̶g̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶n̶a̶m̶e̶s̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶a̶l̶i̶g̶n̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶n̶e̶a̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶u̶n̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶a̶p̶.̶

EDIT:
Stupid me, it's not dungeons specifically, it's with all regions that show with icons, to show that there are quests there :o

https://i.imgsafe.org/4d06ea4.png

Defiant
11-17-2016, 04:40 PM
Instalation:
Just download it and put the zip file directly into the assets directory wherever you installed Zombasite. You don't want to unzip it.

If I put this zip file in my assets folder I get two minimaps. A small and big one.

Defiant
11-18-2016, 02:25 PM
If I put this zip file in my assets folder I get two minimaps. A small and big one.

I found the problem. Wasn't compatible with 1.007 version cause they split off the minimap info into a separate file. I've attached one that works with 1.007. Only thing I changed was I moved the map name text back farther to the right so it's not so far into the middle of the screen when it has quests info and larger map names.

Just place it in the assets folder.