PDA

View Full Version : Zombasite patch 0.932

Shadow
05-13-2016, 04:24 PM
Patch 0.932 of Zombasite is available over on the Zombasite patch page (http://www.soldak.com/Zombasite/Patches.html). Changes can be read here (http://www.soldak.com/Zombasite/Patches/Changes.html). This patch adds passive bonuses to all active skills, improves most character traits, balances a bunch of things better, and fixes a bunch of other minor issues.

Tuidjy
05-13-2016, 05:18 PM
I have a number of my recruits constantly crossing the happiness 100 line. It's really annoying. I think that the happiness drain value should change at 75/125/175 not 50/100/150. And that you should give some really awesome bonuses for happiness 200. Probably double bonuses to all clan skills, like transmutation, enchanting and diplomacy.

But in general, I like the idea of making it harder to pin people at happiness 200. It was too easy. This is not to say that it isn't too hard now. I have not played enough with clan members under the last few patches to have an opinion.

http://i.imgur.com/UNQLyzt.jpg

Shadow
05-13-2016, 05:31 PM
Yeah, changing the exact places where recruit happiness gets harder to increase would probably help the luminary spam.

Tuidjy
05-13-2016, 07:40 PM
I am still getting enemy summons marked green or golden on the mini-map. In this particular case, it was a fire elemental summoned by Germaine the Pyromancer.

Throwback
05-13-2016, 08:00 PM
You further reduced fire sounds! I haven't checked it out yet but I'm still happy about this :)

Tuidjy
05-14-2016, 01:59 AM
I have a very specific, one could say petty nitpick.

The subject is the "Strength of Stone" spell from the Druid skillset. As it is now, it provides:
1) A Strength boots.
2) A purely cosmetic size increase, without any of the usual benefits.
3) A passive increase in maximum mana, which quickly outpaces the spell's requirements.

Here are my two problems with it:
1) The size increase comes without the usual movement speed boost that comes with most size buffs, it makes the character moonwalk, i.e. move at a different speed than the animation seems to suggest, as if his feet are sliding over terrain.
2) The maximum mana boost feels like pandering. The skill takes a lot of mana, and benefits characters that usually do not have a large mana pool. The character on which I have it had terrible problems with mana management before the change. Now as I advance the skill, the mana points come automatically. Cheap and inconsistent with other buffs, which usually provide slight bonuses o things associated with their primary effect (damage, status effects, etc...)

Here are the changes I'd like to see:
1) Instead of a constant size increase, the size increase should be variable, i.e. starting small and scaling up with the strength boost, and accompanied with a movement speed increase to keep the animations consistent.
2) The passive mana freebee should go, and be replaced with a tiny Strength increase - maybe 1 point of Strength per level, which is a nice perk at low levels, and insignificant at higher levels (My level 100 characters have Strength above 500, sometimes above 1000)
An alternative passive boost would be a tiny Dexterity or Defense increase, as in getting a better balance from periodically having to lug all that extra bulk.

Tuidjy
05-15-2016, 12:30 AM
I have a region that is majorily screwed up. Quests are getting generated at an insane rate, all monsters are bosses, and they are so thick together that when I got teleported by a trap, I simply could not move. Every time I try to place a guard he dies automatically. Loot is not dropping. Quest items are not dropping.

There should be a check that makes sure that you do not have hundreds of copies of the same quest active.

-----

Well, this region went the same way as the one that had the multiple quest problems earlier. Eventually it crashed, and I cannot reload the saved game.

Faceless
05-15-2016, 02:13 AM
Old character, new world, new region for 0.932.

I am getting random crashes. The game just freezes up. The first time, it was after I successfully wiped out 2 hostile npc syndicate/guilds of at least 7 members each. I attributed the crash to the large number of loot items on the ground at the time.

However, I had a second crash today when nothing particularly special was going on. I Should add that these crashes are not corrupting my save, at least not yet. It does not appear to be the same issue as Tuidjy saw. While I have seen that bug in prior versions, I have not experienced it recently.

I do have to say that I like the parties of hostile npcs. They are really vicious - I actually have to bring some clan members along to be able to wear them down and I have even lost clan members in combat with them. It can get a bit overwhelming to have 3+ gangs of hostile npcs on you at once, though.

Mithur
05-15-2016, 09:38 AM
Happens a few times after the patch 0.932 around 20 minutes or so of play in the game, begin to disappear part of the sounds(some of spells,combat, movement),after that they appear periodically,but in general they are not heard

Shadow
05-15-2016, 12:34 PM
Well, this region went the same way as the one that had the multiple quest problems earlier. Eventually it crashed, and I cannot reload the saved game.

If you still have the save, can you email it to me?

Faceless
05-15-2016, 01:33 PM
Correlation is not causation, but my crashes seem to be happening when a hostile npc group is nearby (assassin's guild, syndicate, etc). The game seems to be pretty good about autosaving shortly before the crash freeze.

EDIT: Correction. Freeze crashes still happening randomly. It just seems more likely near a hostile npc group.

EDIT 2: Sounds also started going in and out, eventually going completely silent. Like Mithur's report. Clearing out a large backlog of quests seemed to improve memory stability, but sound was not restored without reloading.

Tuidjy
05-15-2016, 02:51 PM
If you still have the save, can you email it to me?Yes, and done.

Tuidjy
05-16-2016, 05:59 PM
I have been playing a stealth based character lately, and I notice that some enemies have no trouble targeting him with spells and ranged attacks, despite his retaining his stealth status. He fires a shuriken at a dark elf revenant, takes him out, and remains stealthied, but an ice storm starts on top of him, an half a dozen mana draining or fire bolts come unerringly at him.

It also happens with NPC archmages, and probably other spell caster. They do not know where I am, but their volcanos, permafrosts, etc at cast right on target.

Tuidjy
05-17-2016, 02:10 AM
I have seen so bloody many problems with the shapeshifters graphics, I am starting to see patterns:
- when you try to shift into the form for you are already in, you reset its countdown, but you get the human model.
- when your lose a weapon effect in a different form from the one in which you acquired it, it stays cashed in the model for the original form and never goes away.
- when you are shapeshifting between forms with different cashed weapon effects (a bug in itself) the former weapon effect stays fixed where it was at the time of the shift, sometimes looking like a lighted fart

The combination of these three bugs makes it very hard to keep track of your state, especially if, like me, you are playing with six effects on 99% of the time.

Tuidjy
05-17-2016, 02:09 PM
My level 18 rogue had a visiting merchant turn out to be a level 21 illusionist. That worthy summoned a level 49 Cruel Torva. In my clan seat. A bit brutal, if you ask me. Taking it down was not as easy as I'd have liked.

Should this be happening?

MindDefect
05-17-2016, 07:40 PM
I know I mentioned this before already, but if someone ELSE besides me has time to play a world in either slow or very slow paced for some time, could they report back if they ever find one merchant? I swear it's impossible for a merchant to exist in those paces! (and I know the chances SHOULD be lower on a slower pace, but never exist.. after hours upon hours is another thing..) I'll finally stop whining about this bug if someone can report seeing one, as it seems this bug has been ignored :)

I'm sure a lot of newer or demo players might end up playing on those settings, and that could be slight crutch for them, and a missing feature to showcase the game.

MindDefect
05-17-2016, 08:21 PM
OK, I JUST did find one in the "slow" pace, so it maybe I was just super unlucky all this time. I still have yet to find one in the very slow pace though, going back many versions..

Edit: Alright, I did just now find one on "very slow" pacing too.. I guess I didn't do much testing on these on the most recent version, so I guess either: A.this was either fixed on a very recent version without being put on the patch notes B.I was just so extremely unlucky during the times I was playing on very slow. Sorry about this.... Case closed!

Tuidjy
05-18-2016, 04:05 PM
I have said it before, I will say it again: sets are a wonderful idea, but they need to be looked at, because a number of very useful attributes have been added to the game since the sets were created.

Movement bonuses, stealth bonuses, spell damage bonuses, damage type bonuses, extra projectiles - those are all very fitting for many of the existing sets, but nowhere to be found.

============

In the same vein, maybe some of the new effects should be linked to stats. Nothing major, but a bit of stealth bonus from dexterity, spell damage from intelligence, etc... may be appropriate. Especially if that red headed stepchild, Spirit, could get something.

Tuidjy
05-20-2016, 04:18 AM
When you upgrade items, sometimes the item levels by more than one level, but receives the bonus for a single level increase.

It may be that the displayed level isn't the 'real' item level, because it appears to only happen once... but I think that it is worth looking into. Either the level should only increase by one, or the damage/armor/defense bonus should be for multiple levels' worth.