PDA

View Full Version : Zombasite patch 0.933

Shadow
05-20-2016, 04:04 PM
Patch 0.933 of Zombasite is available over on the Zombasite patch page (http://www.soldak.com/Zombasite/Patches.html). Changes can be read here (http://www.soldak.com/Zombasite/Patches/Changes.html). This patch makes many skills fall back to basic attack if not enough mana, fixes a few rare crashes/corruptions, and fixes a bunch of other minor issues.

Tuidjy
05-20-2016, 07:51 PM
The passive benefit of the rogue skill "Concentration: Poison" is +1% cold damage. I would have expected a bonus to poison damage instead.

Shadow
05-21-2016, 01:03 AM
The passive benefit of the rogue skill "Concentration: Poison" is +1% cold damage. I would have expected a bonus to poison damage instead.

Yeah, it is supposed to be a poison damage bonus. Damn that copy and paste. :)

Mithur
05-21-2016, 09:27 AM
After patch every raid and named monsters than jumps on other clan towns,as game shows in chat,show up at doorsteps of my clan town instead

vegeto079
05-21-2016, 09:50 AM
I'm having an issue where, even after validating to remove all mods, it seems that the higher-level (named) mobs are way too high level. Like I'll start a new game, new region, and there will be a level 10 mob in a lvl 1 area. It takes a while to find them since they're rare at that level but when I do, I get slaughtered.

Tuidjy
05-21-2016, 01:09 PM
After patch every raid and named monsters than jumps on other clan towns,as game shows in chat,show up at doorsteps of my clan town instead
I have seen it happen in my game as well, but not for every attack. Just a few, mostly when I am already under attack. Not very pleasant, given that the character is question is a loner. But it is a region started with an older version, so the problem may go away by itself.
I'm having an issue where, even after validating to remove all mods, it seems that the higher-level (named) mobs are way too high level.
I do not think that this is new. I usually start my characters in level 4 areas, and it is perfectly common to have a 10+ monster in the very first area. It's the RNG giving them a few extra levels - one or even more for every trait they rolled. And of course, monsters get promotions. An aggressive corpse eater can become a monster that I will avoid until I have the levels to handle him.

MindDefect
05-21-2016, 08:51 PM
Something is definitely off with monsters I've seen up to LVL 19 in the first area (starting a Level 0 world) right when the game starts. Sometimes I've seen a few of these LVL 9-19 creatures at time, camping right by the teleporter! Is Shadow trolling us? :D https://youtu.be/cqHrbxNhEFg

Tuidjy
05-22-2016, 02:24 AM
In Din's curse, drinks of different quality had different effects, if only because they used to healing more health as their level increased. In Zombasite, all drinks are worth one clan food, and the only effect of the different qualities is that they cannot stack.

Can you please make all drinks of the same type? Something that makes sense as food would be best. A pint of hearty ale. Mmm...

MindDefect
05-22-2016, 02:59 AM
Something is definitely off with monsters I've seen up to LVL 19 in the first area (starting a Level 0 world) right when the game starts. Sometimes I've seen a few of these LVL 9-19 creatures at time, camping right by the teleporter! Is Shadow trolling us? :D https://youtu.be/cqHrbxNhEFg

Ok I think I found the issue myself. In systems.gdb a new setting is in there called "MaxSameQuestInSameLevel 10", and for lower levels this is way too high. I set it lower to 2-3 and it seemed to balance the low level areas. Maybe this setting should be based on a % instead? (if it means what I think it means..)

Tuidjy
05-22-2016, 03:37 AM
I think that this is actually a new setting that limits the number of times the same quest can appear in the one area. I.e. no more than 10 blue scree uprisings in one area of the map.

Of course, I may be wrong.

MindDefect
05-22-2016, 06:57 AM
I think that this is actually a new setting that limits the number of times the same quest can appear in the one area. I.e. no more than 10 blue scree uprisings in one area of the map.

Of course, I may be wrong.

You are probably right. I was thinking it was a level difference modifer for quests. But lowering this appeared to lessen the amount of 10+LVL higher monsters.
But then just now I think I found out when you set AI clans on "none", that it completely clears up this issue (or at least I think it's an issue..). So it seems so far, in my testing, it's something that gets worse when having more AI clans set (and maybe bigger map size too?..).

Maybe these AI Clans generate powerful monster quests that are distant from them, but are right next door to the player? I dunno :confused:

Tuidjy
05-22-2016, 04:31 PM
The achievement that counts "Zombie town attacks" does not seem to take into account all the times zombified enemies are pounding on my gates. If only some kinds of attacks count, it should be made clearer.

By the way, I think that the current achievements are better suited to Din's Curse than to Zombasite. We should have more achievements about the things specific to the current game: level 100 loner, diplomatic/adventuring wins with a lot surviving clans, gathering a large clan, winning a level 200 area, curing a ton of zombie infections, wiping out a lot of enemy clans, this sort of thing.

In my opinion, things like "250 area" are a lot less interesting. It takes me 6-8 areas to get a character to level 100. 250 is a grind.

Tuidjy
05-23-2016, 03:17 AM
When you kill an evil druid in stalker form, he reverts to his human form, but instead of a corpse on the ground, what remains is a standing, unselectable human who appears very much alive - i.e he sways back and forward the way idle characters do.

This may have something to do with the fact that the three times it happened, I was in stalker form myself.

MindDefect
05-23-2016, 09:38 PM
One more starting area "High Level monsters" example. It's difficult to start new characters because of this. This example, with huge and 8 clans map settings, gets to be overwhelming... to say the least :p
I'm 99.9% certain this is only exclusive to this latest version. https://youtu.be/fVToLUg0oCA

MindDefect
05-24-2016, 07:52 AM
Ok I finally pinpointed it! I wasted all this time messing with assets4.zip, to try to find the issue or edit a workaround, and then just now I find out this high level monster glitch ONLY happens when setting number of clans to anything higher than 5...

Very weird, but that makes this update a lot more tolerable knowing that now.

Shadow
05-24-2016, 03:10 PM
The higher level monsters in low level areas bug should be fixed in the next build (0.934).

Tuidjy
05-24-2016, 05:11 PM
This screenshot (http://i.imgur.com/N6avm6A.jpg) shows how monsters that are supposed to attack other clans end up at my doorstep. I have not even discovered those clans yet, and my character is a loner.

It is pretty damn hard to fight off those constant assaults.

Shadow
05-24-2016, 05:47 PM
I believe I have the town attack issue also fixed for 0.934.

Tuidjy
05-25-2016, 06:05 PM
It seems that the passive bonus to stealth from the Stealth skill is actually a penalty.

Shadow
05-25-2016, 07:02 PM
It seems that the passive bonus to stealth from the Stealth skill is actually a penalty.

Oops. It will be fixed in 0.934.

Tuidjy
05-27-2016, 04:22 AM
If you have both Void Blade and Poison Weapon, and hit an monster that deals back damage, because of an enchantment like Thorns, Fire Shield, Reflection, etc... you suffer damage three times for every blow. This is three times, even if the monster has only one damage dealing enchantment, and even if you are using a basic attack, i.e. no multiple blows per click.

It does not make sense, and is very likely to kill Dark Knights who do not expect it.

MindDefect
05-27-2016, 04:51 AM
Merchant Party bug. Now I think this is a bug (and not some random feature, correct?) that has been around for a some time, and I don't think it has been reported yet, from what I remember.. But it's when maybe 5% or even less of the time, when you start a world, it's like every merchant decides to crash at your town from the start.

I'm thinking players don't mind it so much when this bug happens, so that's why it's still around ;)

EDIT: Just now I also just maybe found the cause to items (potions in particular) getting stuck in the hotbar. It can happen if you click and drag something from a merchant, and put it on your hotbar. You don't actually buy it and you can't even use it, and it doesn't go into your inventory. Merchant items should probably be prevented from being put on the hotbar, I'm assuming..

http://s33.postimg.org/hi9re0l6n/ss0024.png

Shadow
05-27-2016, 01:29 PM
Merchant Party bug. Now I think this is a bug (and not some random feature, correct?) that has been around for a some time, and I don't think it has been reported yet, from what I remember.. But it's when maybe 5% or even less of the time, when you start a world, it's like every merchant decides to crash at your town from the start.

That's probably the vendor world modifier.