PDA

View Full Version : Reward Chests

Castruccio
04-16-2011, 10:49 PM
At what point do reward chests start getting better than "medium"?

And do I get an additional chest for beating invasion mode?

Valgor
04-17-2011, 01:11 PM
You get a large reward chest for solving Din's "Promotion Quests", i.e. the quests that grant you freedom or elevate you to Champion, Elite and Legendary status. Free fireworks included.

About the invasion quest reward, I'm not sure. I've yet to try that mode.

Shadow
04-18-2011, 01:43 PM
You get a medium gold chest when you complete a 100 wave invasion.

Valgor
04-19-2011, 09:17 AM
That's a pretty underwhelming reward for such an arduous quest, isn't it?

By the way, what are the exact differences between the various types of chests? Just the increase in loot quality or the amount of items they may contain?
I know large reward chests are guaranteed to contain at least a set item or better.

Haus
04-19-2011, 09:47 AM
This seems like a good place to pitch the idea that there should be a reward chest reward for clearing a dungeon level.

Given the respawn rate of monsters making this feat next to impossible to begin with and the fact that attempting it is a very high risk action since you're burn time allowing the dungeon to come to a boil. I noticed that it displays a message that its been cleared... I'm not sure if I got xp for it or what, but it was also respawned again within a few minutes. All in all, clearing a level was probably the most anti-climactic thing I've experienced thus far.

Valgor
04-19-2011, 09:49 AM
You already get a moderate XP bonus for clearing a dungeon level.
If anything, there should be a huge reward for clearing all the levels in a dungeon.

Haus
04-19-2011, 10:37 AM
You already get a moderate XP bonus for clearing a dungeon level.
If anything, there should be a huge reward for clearing all the levels in a dungeon.
I honestly didn't notice how much I received when I did it, but frankly half of an entire level worth hardly seems like enough. Again, from what I've experienced, it is almost completely impossible, since most of the time no sooner than I turn a corner and move down a corridor, find a dead end, and double back there are more monsters in the places that I just came from. Couple that with the fact that you're allowing more time for any number of catastrophic events to occur in town if you spend time clearing.

Clearing an entire dungeon likely isn't possible at all since "clearing a level" doesn't prevent respawns for what seems to be any length of time. Level 1 will repop before you can clear 2 and 3, I'd guess. Unless you mean you simply have to get the clear message once for each floor.

Shadow
04-19-2011, 12:45 PM
By the way, what are the exact differences between the various types of chests? Just the increase in loot quality or the amount of items they may contain?

In general the number of items increases and so does the default magic find.