PDA

View Full Version : Intended or no?

Haus
04-18-2011, 08:49 PM
I had gossip from two different NPCs in town that so and so was selling such and such a weapon, but the vendor named didn't have it. Is false gossip a bug or a feature?

Valgor
04-19-2011, 09:40 AM
It is a feature, so to speak...
If you hear townsfolk gossiping about a particular vendor selling a particular item, they were indeed selling that item at some point in time;
though there's a good chance the vendor in question has already removed the item from his display by the time you overheard the rumor and decided to check if it was true.

Haus
04-19-2011, 09:55 AM
It is a feature, so to speak...
If you hear townsfolk gossiping about a particular vendor selling a particular item, they were indeed selling that item at some point in time;
though there's a good chance the vendor in question has already removed the item from his display by the time you overheard the rumor and decided to check if it was true.
I had another instance of this happen in the same town and it was indeed and item that I had seen on the vendor but was no longer available. Additionally, the item quality was the wrong level in the gossip.

Maybe its just me, but it seems rather silly. It's not like these places are thriving metropolises, you'd think they'd know what "Lyman (Blunt Weaponsmith)" has for sale that day.

pnakotus
04-20-2011, 05:48 AM
This is just inaccurate stuff. It's been that way since like 1006. Its particularly daft because these guys have literally nothing to do but look at the merchant's stock 6m away from where they stand around 24/7. :lol:

Shadow
04-20-2011, 09:52 AM
Let's just say that the statement was accurate when the NPC first decided to tell someone about it. It's not necessarily still accurate when they actually tell someone.

Evander
04-22-2011, 05:36 PM
hah, Haus.

seems the cake was a lie after all :)