PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion/s for expansion : Make a covenant from your characters

fathamburger
12-31-2007, 10:46 AM
This is a bit of a long shot, but what if we could make up a covenant with our characters. Give the ability to rotate which is the lead playable character and if at any time a character is not the lead character, add the ability to set each character up with four skills whenever they are essentially an NPC. The AI would probably have more behaviors for ally target spells but wouldn't this be a cool feature :)

Also.. how about a new storyline for each difficulty. There still is a lot of unused lore, lands etc from the web page. The reason I ask is because playing the game feels off and also boring to repeat on higher difficulty when you've already beaten the story. With the story it is a perfect blend but without it, it feels too much like Will Wright procedurally generated science experiment.

And yes, another vote for multiplayer. I would be happy to pay expansion price for all these :)

colo
01-01-2008, 11:43 AM
the game will somehow be unbalanced if you can play your covenant members much more set up what skill they should have.

consider a covenant like sisterhood of fate that recruits only priests and rogues. those priests will have healing skills and there is no way you can beat them in a raid. priests heal and rogues do lots of damage

rotating characters does not make much sense to me. how could you possibly play a character with only four skills and three equipments:) and how could the AI play your main character with lots of skills and lots of equipment

(name here)
01-01-2008, 10:31 PM
the game will somehow be unbalanced if you can play your covenant members much more set up what skill they should have.

consider a covenant like sisterhood of fate that recruits only priests and rogues. those priests will have healing skills and there is no way you can beat them in a raid. priests heal and rogues do lots of damage

rotating characters does not make much sense to me. how could you possibly play a character with only four skills and three equipments:) and how could the AI play your main character with lots of skills and lots of equipment

The exact same way it plays the convent hero. The AI convent leaders are just like you.

colo
01-02-2008, 12:35 PM
so maybe it is possible for the AI to play your character but i don't know if it can actually make smart decisions. lets say you give a covenant an item cheaper than its hero is wearing (say that hero is wearing a common armor) but the item you gave to that covenant is rarer and has more useful stats like hp/mana regen. that covenant won't wear the rarer item simply for the fact that it is cheaper than what it is wearing currently when wearing that item will give more benefits than wearing an item more expensive but gives less boost (its like giving an armor with +10 strength or a +60 maximum mana boost to a mage instead of a +5 mana/hp regen just because the mana/hp regen item is cheaper)

making the AI think and act like an actual player is tough since it has to made dynamic actual decisions and i certainly won't like the AI to increase the strength attribute of my mage and mess up my mage (even if its just a single point:))