PDA

View Full Version : The Amazing Shrinking Town

Haus
04-19-2011, 09:23 AM
The last town I started (before I installed 1.024) had the entire town shrunk. I was given quests to unshrink all of them. I finished them and came back to find the entire town shrunk again, quests to unshrink them all, this time mostly on the second floor rather than the first. Unfortunately, the town also had 4 bosses roaming the dungeon within a half hour of starting it, so the endless waves of town attacks devoured most of my townspeople, thus resulting in failure of about half of the second round of unshrinking.

Is this phenomenon something that can be expected to go away with 1.024 installed, similarly to how you could sometimes get starving spammed, or is this sort of behavior intended?

If its intended, it really, really needs tweaking. They were ALL drop quests, and there were only about 4 variations for the entire town, so I had to collect massive amounts of quest items from the same monsters over and over. It was far more frustrating and annoying than fun. While it seems like many times, quests share drops, it was not the case here; I'm assuming because they were identical quests, perhaps?

Valgor
04-19-2011, 09:47 AM
All those "Unshrink Mary McGuffin" quests should be rolled up into one "Unshrink the townsfolk" quest, similar to how town curses are handled.

Shadow
04-19-2011, 12:51 PM
The possibility of having more than 1 at a time is intended yes. It might be a little much though.

Haus
04-19-2011, 01:14 PM
I do not jest in saying that, I believe, the Apothecary was the only person in the entire town not shrunk(aside from Din of course), and that nearly all of those affected were "reshrunk" for some reason shortly after I'd finished most of the quests. I gained two levels and some change by completing what I could before the town started to get massacred. Definitely a bit much in my opinion.

DeathKnight1728
04-19-2011, 02:51 PM
I do not jest in saying that, I believe, the Apothecary was the only person in the entire town not shrunk(aside from Din of course),

Din will always be too cool to be shrunk ;)

Haus
04-19-2011, 04:37 PM
Din will always be too cool to be shrunk ;)
I did just recently notice that he has happiness and money. Incidentally, his money was in the negatives, so apparently times are tough even for Gods. And the happiness of 6 seems to indicate low job satisfaction... Maybe HE was shrinking the townspeople in his misery to amuse himself.