PDA

View Full Version : Modding the game

Richardc269
04-23-2011, 01:07 PM
Okay, I've discovered how to mod the files in the game with Notepad (and of course, the information in the SDK doesn't explain how;figures). Anyway, I want to make the chests drop more items above the grey titled ones.

I just tried to edit the "chests" file in the Assets001.zip file, but it didn't really do anything. I noticed in Assets003.zip, is practically the same folder/file layout as 001 is.

Can I edit the "Chests" file to make the items drop more? If not there, where do I edit that?

Also, when I put the files back into the .zip file, should I just click and drag the files into the .zip, or should I make a new one and make it say "Storage" as it's function?

Shadow
04-25-2011, 01:02 PM
You want to start with chests.gdb from assets003.zip. The one in assets001 is the original. The one in assets003 is basically the latest version. The game uses the first one it finds in reverse alphabetical order.

You really don't want to change the assets zips directly. Just leave it as a loose file or make a new zip. Just make sure the directory structure is intact still. For chests.gdb that means the gdb file is in the Database directory.