PDA

View Full Version : Empty Chests?

killerbeans
12-31-2007, 03:32 PM
Ok, this is kind of irritating, but from time to time after I have been play vs 1.04 for about 2 or 3 hours, the chests start coming up empty. Also I am having trouble with portals, when I create one sometimes, it doesn't appear on my screen, nor can I click where it may or may not be. Also sometimes when I use the portal and go back to my covenant, the portal to return to whatever "zone" i was just in has vanished. One more problem is that if I raid a covenant, the little raid teleporter doesn't show up, then when I defeat the covenant, the chest doesn't even show up! This is rather irritating! All of these things usually only happen after I have played for a few hours, but when I exit out of the game completely, then come back in, everything is fine. It's just frustrating that after I destroy a covenant that there's not chest in there for me. Also usually when i am killing a named mob or whatever is usually when I use my teleporter, so if I exit the game and come back in, the mob has moved to another point, which means i have to search the zone again to find them! I love this game and want to continue to play it, but this is just irritating as all get out! (so I am a hillbilly, leave me alone :D)

Delve
12-31-2007, 04:49 PM
I've seen the same problem. In addition to this the game will stop spawning my holy bolts, preventing me from doing damage (yes, there's always my little toy mace, but...). Sometimes it will start to work again after a zone change, but only for a minute or two and then it's gone again. I also experienced reduced loot drops. Like, no loot. In a dungeon 3 levels down.

Not a big deal to me, but irritating.

Update: Seems to be happening sooner the more I play. There are also drastic affects on the spawning of creatures, with entire dungeon floors containing only 2 or three creatures, no doors or chests. As soon as I restart the game it's suddenly standing room only.

killerbeans
01-04-2008, 05:31 PM
Update: Seems to be happening sooner the more I play. There are also drastic affects on the spawning of creatures, with entire dungeon floors containing only 2 or three creatures, no doors or chests. As soon as I restart the game it's suddenly standing room only.

I have seen the same thing. Where there should be 20 or 30 monsters, and there's only a few. A lot of times when this happens to me, if I run around a little bit in the dungeon, the monsters seem to respawn. Randomly, yes, but they do respawn in groups of like 5 or 6, depending on what level dungeon is you enter...

Shadow
01-04-2008, 06:00 PM
What you are both seeing is that you are hitting the entity cap. If you play for a long time at once, more and more entities get spawned into the world and eventually you will run out of space to add new entities. This is a game limit, not a memory issue.

Now having said all of that, I added in some stuff yesterday to purge old entities that aren't really needed any longer. So this should be fixed in version 1.005.

Delve
01-04-2008, 06:11 PM
Or reduced at least :)

Thanks for the update, I figured it was something like that. Same general concept as "AI player can reach maximum allowed units before the player can build an army" that I see relatively often in RTS games.

Shadow
01-05-2008, 10:59 AM
Yeah, something like that. Technically it will still be possible to hit the limit, but I'm hoping the changes will make this really unlikely.

killerbeans
01-07-2008, 06:37 PM
What you are both seeing is that you are hitting the entity cap. If you play for a long time at once, more and more entities get spawned into the world and eventually you will run out of space to add new entities. This is a game limit, not a memory issue.

Now having said all of that, I added in some stuff yesterday to purge old entities that aren't really needed any longer. So this should be fixed in version 1.005.

When is 1.005 going to be available?

SamMcMackin
01-08-2008, 02:07 AM
the beta of 1.005 is out right now. go download it on the main website. :D

Delve
01-08-2008, 04:57 AM
There's some minor flaws, mostly in text display. I've not seen any game breaking bugs.

killerbeans
01-10-2008, 12:04 AM
the beta of 1.005 is out right now. go download it on the main website. :D

As much as I would like to download it, I bought my game through another website, so I have to wait for the real version to become available through that website...

SamMcMackin
01-10-2008, 12:32 AM
was it reflexive? If so, I did the same thing >.<

Shadow
01-10-2008, 10:51 AM
Well it seems that beta 1.006 is stable, so I'll probably give Reflexive the files they need to update probably in a couple days.

killerbeans
01-24-2008, 01:37 AM
Well it seems that beta 1.006 is stable, so I'll probably give Reflexive the files they need to update probably in a couple days.

I checked it out, they still have yet to update...

Shadow
01-24-2008, 11:33 AM
They should be working on a 1.007 version.

killerbeans
02-13-2008, 01:21 AM
They should be working on a 1.007 version.

As of 12 Feb 08 they are running 1.007