PDA

View Full Version : troubles figuring out setting up a mod.

karmakomando
01-12-2018, 09:43 AM
ive created this mod in hopes of increasing the amount of skill points and attribute points i get when i level up. ive tried setting it up a few different ways but i cant seem to get it to apply to my game. anyone have some advice? i have the file named MyGameSystems2.GDB and it is zipped up in the expansions/exp1/assets folder. this is how i have the file set up. (there are indents before each of the lines between the {} they just dont seem to appear, there are also indents between the words and numbers, im pretty new to this and dont understand why the space doesn't show up in the post since i see the space while i attempt to edit it.)

MyGameSystem2 overrides GameSystem
{
BaseSkillPointsPerLevel 1
LevelsBetweenSkillPointRaises 2
SkillPointRaise 1
StartingSkillPoints 1

AttributePointsPerLevel 10
}

joku
01-12-2018, 11:52 AM
One common mistake people make is zipping the .gdb file directly. You need to put the .gdb file in a folder named "Database" and then zip that folder.

Regarding the indentation in the post, any text that you want to preserve indentation and spacing can be wrapped in code tags. Highlight the text and click on the # button. The result looks like this:

MyGameSystem2 overrides GameSystem
{
BaseSkillPointsPerLevel 1
LevelsBetweenSkillPointRaises 2
SkillPointRaise 1
StartingSkillPoints 1

AttributePointsPerLevel 10
}

karmakomando
01-12-2018, 12:08 PM
Thank you! this fixed my problem :) i didnt realize it needed to be in a database folder.