PDA

View Full Version : Todo list

Shadow
03-14-2018, 07:22 PM
This is my entire todo list for Din's Legacy. It changes daily. I add things constantly from testing and feedback. I remove things often that aren't feasible or just don't fit. Just because something is on here, it just means I'm considering it, it doesn't mean it will ever happen. Also, the ordering doesn't always mean much.

Please feel free to comment on anything in here!

*Mutations*
-----------
hook up Models/Creatures/MutatedFemale/Mutations/Exoskeleton/MutationExoskeleton_d.tga
hook up Models/Creatures/MutatedMale/Mutations/Exoskeleton/MutationExoskeleton_d.tga
hook up Models/Creatures/Mutations/Thorns/MutationThorns_d.tga
I'm 100% sure the forced mutation is buggy right now with how many wasted points I've had. (Ishiga)
hook up Models/Creatures/Mutations/Quills/MutationQuills_d.tga

*Graphics*
----------
several people having issues with ground tiles popping in and out (Addicted to Sadness/[DS] Fallen )- https://streamable.com/08m30
When changing the screen resolution game crashes on Mac. (acidkiss/Luthius_Mac)
can I do glsl 1 little thing at a time? grab pointers to needed functions - like glClientActiveTextureARB, init,
compile, link, etc, turn on programs, glsl user var, get diffuse working, normal/spec mapping, shadow mapping
shadow mapping not working on Vista computer correctly

*Crashes/Infinite Loops/Corruption*
-----------------------------------
demo doesn't work for them - https://steamcommunity.com/app/911550/discussions/0/3647273545696471894/ (BOYCOTT S-T-E-A-M!)
log stops after Unknown monster type MonsterZombieInvisible3-Unique! - next important thing after that is probably graphics system

*UI*
----
And a QoL request: when I am looking at my NPC's equipment, disable comparison with my equipment, or even better,
allow comparison of items in my bags with his/her equipment. This could be a toggle button. (Notorious)
have a Flee button like the Victory button to take us to the next map? when lose timer is up (MikeLemmer)
When collecting mana/health in empty flasks, often the equipment tab will overlap the mana/healthstone making it awkward
to even bother collecting hp/mana in empty flasks. Would it be possible to have the equipment tab not in the center
of the screen? (beatsh4ck)
any chance we can get a percent explored indicator somewhere? for all the explorers out there! (henzor)
I found out the 'upgrade' functionality by pure luck (reading forums) (Swal)
Also people seem to agree that crafting isn't explained well in terms of boosting weapon power. (Bluddy)
My apothecary is stuck with a talk icon over her head. Talking to her doesn't make it go away. (Bluddy)
Seems like there's no instruction in the game how to get rid of Zombasite. Unlike in Zombasite itself, there should be
a tooltip explaining what works against the infection. (Bluddy)
open a town door and move, blip on map will disappear

*Quests*
--------
invasion too early (level wise) (Zombasite) Reginald_II.zip (Reginald_CZ)

*Collision*
-----------
can't get past certain spot CantGetPastSpot.png (Nirimetus)

*Skills*
--------
Pain Delay + Bloodthirst doesn't seem to work together (Swal)
just demonic controlled a bulletin board... cool beans (DestroTheGod)
bug #2, please make lightning strike prioritze targets under cursor over puddles of water (DestroTheGod)
got skill Shatter of Shattering (Nirimetus)
So i dont understand those 2 situational assasin attacks: "precise strike", and "critical strike".. They both have
a condition that needs to be met in order to even use them. They have 1 sec attack time - which is kinda long. -
and neigther really do much more damage than simply spamming "lethal blow" (AuraForLaura)

*Slowdowns/fps issues/optimization*
-----------------------------------
Snow weather effect lower fps so much and makes the game laggy my spec ( 1080/16gb ram/ i7 6700 ) (Hobgoblin)

*Levels*
--------
New World is a Duel, but I am trapped on top of the gate in a dark cave and cannot move. (davidb11)

*Balance*
---------
When I was doing non-perm runs, I'd flick between Prayer and Focus: Damage to quickly buff it to 200% (combo) (DestroTheGod)
https://www.twitch.tv/destrothegod/videos // I did my new favorite lightning strike build, which I love because you
get all of the overpoweredness of melee in the form of a ranged multi-target ability. lightning blade too powerful?
Whirlwind+multi-strike?
I think the Berserk skill's debuff should stack: the more you use it repeatedly, the lower your defense goes.
Otherwise, I can just keep using it all the time, and it's fast too. Alternatively, it should have a cooldown. (Bluddy)

*NPCs*
------
I just had a town where I picked up like 3 entertainers, but the only one that seemed to be adding to the happiness
was the one in my party. (Waku)
There are NPCs who cannot be recruited to your town, but can join your party. Except if they join your party, they also
join your town. So you just dump your current NPC and get the new one into your party and he joins your town
anyway. (Bluddy)

*Clans*
-------
your change to make Contact with other clans free in the trade screen makes it so that you can buy all contacts
for free. An unintended side effect I imagine? Makes it suuuuper easy to offload items for gold now, hehe (DestroTheGod)

*Monsters*
----------
changling change takes a while to trigger when has taken enough damage already

*Other*
-------
The game keeps minimizing whenever I try to click on the hotbar (2560x1440 resolution). I’ve tried borderless window,
full screen, bounding the mouse to game, everything. Can’t click on my hotbar (like to assign a skill, for
example). (KevinC)
I had someone raid my town but for whatever reason I couldn't attack the creature attacking my door at all. I went to
war with the clan and that solved it but they sent in everyone they had and killed my town. (Chiaki Nanami)
Also I'm playing as a loner character, so no clan-mates, and at one point when recycling some gloves I got the message
that they were given to someone called "Brett", and I got what was apparently their old gloves in my inventory
instead! (Zombasite) (Romløk) vendor in town?
items in town armory given to the bulletin board (huh?) (Notorious)
vendor in town wandered off while I was trading with him (Notorious)
I am able to attack the door in a clan I'm at peace with. (Chiaki Nanami)
First, when I started the Survival map, my base's stuff was halfway across the map from my Healthstone. I had to use
the One-Time Warp to find it. When I restarted the game and rejoined the map, everything ended up together. For some
reason, this mode also caused my computer to chug like mad, dropping to single FPS. (MikeLemmer)
After this patch, my Arctic Shard can no longer target enemy town doors. If I already have the door targeted, pressing
the hotkey untargets the door. (Romløk)
Fortunately, I can still *hit* the door if I target the ground beyond the door.
looked at this couldn't reproduce
make sure is working correctly - As title, I have no idea how to get sudden death kills. I have a few but when I
actively try to get them I cannot. Tried ranged and melee attacks+skills from stealth and not stealth. Doesn't seem to
work. What is the trick to them? (Major Twitch)

*New stuff*
-----------
There are 4 types of special hits that have a chance of happening on every melee hit (2 can also happen on magic attacks). (risa)
The fps drop seem to be caused by those seed like things that spawn on the ground sometimes. (Nirimetus)
add Only Hope character option back in? (Calubob)
amorphs could have very high lightning + fire resistance (earth being resistant to lightning and fire). Characters wearing metal would have low lightning resistance (I actually wish you could go below 0 and be extra vulnerable, but that's a different story). Mages would be resistant to magic; fire mages highly resistant to fire (I know this part exists, but it can be increased for this game). Furry animals could be resistant to cold; etc. (Bluddy)
teleported and got stuck GotStuck.jpg (Espr)
autocontinue combat stuff, starting too quickly? (JackintheBox)
So, just to confirm, are level 9 Elite zombie dune scorpions supposed to have over 800 HP? (davidb11)
I just used 13 mutation points trying to get basic defense from classes and failed. (Update: 23 points in total now (davidb11)
I was having mana related problems with my assassin when I noticed that the Energizing Block effect didn't seem to change despite the skill being leveled up. (the status effect shows as level 1 even if skill is higher) (Logorouge)
Tweak relationships mechanics during raids - Just got raided by chaos clan. After killing very first attacker, got "the last warning" from clan that was friends with them (kinda like "stop attacking my friend, or you will pay"). (*Yuki*)
I'm almost certain LB damage calculation is wrong. I do 1.2M crushing with it, while whirlwind only does 67K crushing. (Same skill levels), no additional lightning damage equipped (Swal)
Unholy Vitality from mutation doesn't benefit from extra status time. (at least it doesn't when linked to Adrenaline) (Swal)
Mutation Heaing Aura doesn't affect the caster (Swal)
can't get to Timberland Rose.chr / Crowshield.wld (Espr)
Hex? - the warlock talent/skill It cost 6 point to use this skill. It seems veeeery underpowered and kinda useless. What am i missing? (AuraForLaura)
staves have lower spell damage than wands (Misfit)
BaseStaff - SpellDamageMultBase 0.01 / BaseWand - SpellDamageMultBase 0.02
still have some follower across win issues (Olowokandi)
altar stuck in wall - picture at https://steamcommunity.com/app/911550/discussions/0/1634166237666172201/ (chesse20)
Evil pool gave me .3 poison damage per second as a debuff, don't think evil pool poison downside scales (chesse20)
Bug: Character Disappeared? I was creating a new map to explore outside areas, finishing the quest line, deleting the completed map, and creating a new one. After about 3 times, I created a new map and it started with the help screen. I closed it out to see I was a level 1 nothing. When I checked my saves, nothing was there. (Cutebleeder)
I have skills that lower it to 84% price to enchant, but price is still 100% (shown on item) (chesse20)
can you attack menchants that are being a problem? (BorkFate)
make sure quest monsters are spawning correctly in save_and_world.rar

Shadow
03-15-2018, 07:20 PM
Added:
shadow mapping?
now getting knockback from explosion & radius damage & radius damage coming from parent position instead of projectile/
explosion position
only shows 40 skills on choose mutation partner screen
set up arrow anim variants?
remove extra knockback from DevastatingBlow
better status effect print on skills
hits up to 4 extra nearby enemies should move to target section
add skill icon to highlight text like item?

Shadow
03-19-2018, 06:54 PM
New
----
monster icons might look better with alpha
quests showing up with green * and v
could do shadows in small chunks - setup a frame buffer, render scene to frame buffer (only depth) from light's perspective,
draw scene per light/angle, use depth buffer & light, if can't see pixel alpha 1.0 of can 0.0, alphaTest to skip drawing,
adds to stensil buffer, then draw screen rectangle - blend black texture only where stensil is set (can I do on projected
shadows to speed up?)
monsters that hate each other might prioritize attacking each other over player
_ destroys Black Death (I did but no clan name)
can't turn on brazier in Gloomy Caverns
shadows go crazy every once in a while in cave
riposte not working after parry?
in last man standing one of them basically got stuck in adventure behavior i a dead end - would walk around but would
never leave that block
gaining a mutant level scares everyone away temporarily? big morale drop?
maybe explosions should have some knockback just not as much?
got majestic gardens of fire explored twice & wasn't even fully explored
healthstone/lifestone should regen stamina
maybe do shadow mapping above ground and projected shadows below?
fire chance has chance of burning (fire dot like deep wounds)
ice damage has chance of wet, frost, or frozen?
killed frozen enemy shatters - chance of leaving ice & no deady body
torch spots have collision tiles so can't walk through spot even after destroyed
when break lit brazier should shower sparks around

better environment interactions
-------------------------------
Strong wind should disperse things like poison clouds & fire (tornado skill, wind traps, etc)
does water go to ice if hit with cold damage?
poison clouds should explore when hit by fire?
fire + water = steam (fog like cloud, short time)
water barrels?
electricity can go along water?
change random torch random damage to a spark that works like volcano but much smaller & less range
fire causes smoke, works like fog?
fog in level needs to work like fog object
if on steep hill liquid more likely to keep going?
can weather lightning hurt?
should it be like an explosion at target point?
weather lightning would be cool of it was small damage but decent knockback
rain gives wet status effect (more lightning damage, less fire)
intact house should keep you from rain?
drips on water have chance of spreading that water
ice bomb has chance of leaving ice
lava flow from volcanos

Shadow
03-20-2018, 07:01 PM
new stuff
---------
ai should run to noise location not add enemy to hate list
do I spawn far enough out?
water on ground + fire = steam
fire out out with water = smoke
both block vision + attack/defense debuff, steam goes away quicker
lava + water/cold = steam (lava stays)
if 2 points are same height random which one liquid goes down
liquid slowly goes down hill? and pools?
more breakable objects? esp in dungeons
webs should just attach to player & slow down instead of getting in way?
steam also makes things wet
blocks will slowly regrow
do I change seasons ever?
weather, season, & day/night cycle need to change things - some things spawn more, more aggressive, or town attacks
burned areas makes monsters more aggressive
what can affact weather?
tornados/lightning have chance to start storm?
blocks grow back faster in rain
rain scroll? treasure map with rain drop on it
saurians like rain, dark elves like night, dogs louder at night
nightmare - crazy respawn at night - nightmarish/of nightmares
some monsters might flee area or uprising disband because of weather
falling rocks should be immune to falling rocks
storms can spread or move?
reptiles hate snow
destroy a manastone get a BreakableEnergyVortex?

Shadow
03-21-2018, 07:43 PM
new stuff
---------
all basic skills should give you some bonus for skill levels
is world size working?
way to never miss messages?
don't leave screen until you hit x
recent messages box that you can clear?
remove new colorized textures of human & mutated models?
Marked for Death (Powerstrike) - stats are crazy with Powerstrike at level 1 - SimplePerLevel problem?
should lose certain scenarios if die
got hell storm and fire strike on whirlwind (both suffix?)

Shadow
03-22-2018, 07:01 PM
new stuff
---------
minor darkness penalty, darkness penalty, and major darkness penalty
attack, defense, perception, and casting penalties
normal night - minor
really dark cave/dungeon with no extra lights - major
nearby light sources helps
do this for player & npcs, player every second, npcs every 5 or so
more light from player increases monster aggression range though
night vision/ultravision adds light from player perspective but not monsters
put green enhancement dots on darkness penalty
do ambushes automatically add player as enemy? do they go through full sight time? should they immediately look for enemies?
when snowing get cold buff - increased fire resistance
remove stamina as a test
TrapWaterBig not spreading
verify mipmaps are created well
draw logo with a shadow so stands out a little better?

Shadow
03-23-2018, 07:08 PM
new stuff
---------
can I add 0.02 chance of yellow mold hazard to all zombies? yes in archetype
do traps that affect all in range get all entities in range n squared times?
liquid bug
spawnObject TrapAlcohol
hit with whirlwind
spawnObject EmptyVial
can't pick up alcohol
need to stand still to throw ice bombs and other similar things
make logo smaller?
make TM on logo smaller

Shadow
03-26-2018, 07:15 PM
new stuff
---------
need to add some skills to models list
skills need way to modify model (probably simple attachment)
for dungeons could just draw shadows from a static sun position that would simplify it a lot & still look good
could pick different angle per map but that might be weird
I have (had) a possesed NPC, and I got a victory condition. (ibitato)
I went ahead with the game, and now the NPC is still possesed and there are no quests or anything to cure the NPC.
It's the only NPC i have on the clan
logistic victory food probably
sings still have prefix/suffix in them for town

Shadow
03-27-2018, 06:55 PM
new stuff
---------
hook up energyShield.wav
make other fires blow out with high wind?
storms need random wind gusts with sound
wind gusts do knockback?
anything of a certain size causes earthquakes/screen shakes on footsteps (based on weight?)
less earthquake, more screen shake
automatically change to heavy footsteps if over certain weight?
ghosts or liches can smoke move? (turn into smoke move really fast and can go through objects)

Shadow
03-28-2018, 07:11 PM
new stuff
---------
I encountered a wrong location in the quest description. (Tyakraman)
In the region "Remnants of Iulia of Acid" were two dungeons, the "Insane Sullen Crypt lvl 1" and the "Lost Pit lvl 1".
The quest "Kill the Tiny Mud Amorph hunter" said, that the monster was to be found in the "Insane Sullen Crypt lvl 1", but when I couldn't find it and pinged its location, a marker was placed in the "Lost Pit lvl 1" (the "v" marker still pointed to the wrong location though).
Chain lightning targeting bug(?) (Romløk) this has been on the Zombasite list, just moved it over
I've been trying out a lightning build, and from what I can tell the Chain Lightning spell doesn't work as I'd expect. I'm not sure if it's WAI or not, but the current behaviour feels unintuitive:
I would expect the lightning bolt to hit the initial target, then bounce to another in the vicinity of that target. Instead, it seems to only chain to other targets (enemies, breakables) which are near to the player's location.
sometimes not getting level name on map once discovered
demon invasion scenario not having enough demon problems
attack/radar fix too much change?
when critter changes direction could do something fancy - run away from player, fire, towards obelisks, etc
rats run towards dead bodies & away from fire
bats fly away from light
spiders follow giant spiders
small chance yellow mold zombifies monster exposed

Shadow
03-29-2018, 08:14 PM
new stuff
---------
light only adds to monster aggression if level is dark
pet skeleton of NPC in town is causing town attack icon/sounds?
torch broke - now have flame at feet

Shadow
03-30-2018, 07:15 PM
new stuff
---------
hook up channeling.wav sound
fires have chance of going out in rain * intensity - do exactly like yellow mold -> yellow mushroom stuff
will a torch break if something is knocked on to it?
update body.DinsLegacy in css file to point to a Din's Legacy screenshot
make new combined logo for website top, upload, use - probably all 6 games
fix manual link when I put post next game manual online - would need to write one first of course :)
have fog effects which stick to the lower elevations? (Henry Ulrich)

Shadow
04-03-2018, 06:57 PM
new stuff
---------
don't allow uniques to spawn in secret areas (wrestless)
shouldn't be able to pick up skill icons on new character screen (probably on pick partner screen also)

Shadow
04-12-2018, 06:53 PM
new stuff
---------
Lightning Speed - faster ground movement
Venomous - extra poison damage
Yellow Mold - on damage release yellow mold spores or on death
Thick Skull - -10% intelligence, +10% health, -10% stun chance
Lightning Skin - lightning swarm chance on hit and on death
text on level info can shrink down a lot but secondary skill won't
should RenderingState::setUseTextureAlpha be per texture?
if corners of area are below camera focus draw more tiles that direction
ice bombs no longer put out fires?
make sure shadow mapping works on mac & linux
change fade out to sink in ground so shadows don't pop? - at fadeTo( 0.0f, _monsterArchetype->getRemoveFadeTime() );
calculate near/far z values actually needed?
could go through all draw objects and build bounding box
new far z is culling things when big hills
better culling for shadows
need to cull when I know the frustrum (because light & camera have different frustrums)
r_culltiles and r_cullmodels gets in the way
drawing shadows after effects - does this even matter?

Shadow
04-20-2018, 07:36 PM
new stuff
---------
rendering shadowmap to MSAA applied framebuffer? www.khronos.org/opengl/wiki/Multisampling
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46535341/opengl-msaa-in-2-different-ways-what-are-the-differences
no fog nearby but have fog (level but not block?)
calculate fov needed for shadow map light pass
more statues in graveyards
statue special room? doesn't announce special room though?
water (and probably other liquids) draw shadows
highlighting an entity makes it darker - causing shadows?
a skeleton from an NPC triggers town attack warnings
Some things off the top of my mind would be a loot filter, configurable hotkeys for health/mana potions, a
"loot all" button which picks up items in an area around the player. (Sephumbra)
now that have fallback for skills could replace left click with skill
shuriken draws too dark now
should be shadows on create character screen
can use rain scroll in dungeon - get wet, does lightning, no rain though
gates draw with vbo off, why?
ever since I added in animation variations hits timing seems off sometimes
change LOD bias default to -0.2 ?
speed up movement to zombasite with full stamina levels?
gates should use name of level from their actual position probably
increase resolution of UI elements?
did I break r_shadows 4 scale?
drawing heightmap is a good bit slower, can I speed this up or am I just drawing more?
sometimes only big speed difference of terrain when in shadows 4
some things like fences should use lowest point instead of height at middle?
be able to move around UI elements?
shadows don't draw on grass?
overhead icons sort behind a lot of things
should have less monster NPCs except in towns of that race
fix overlapping inventory stuff
can I move sun position (farther y) to make less z fighting issues? - OutdoorSunYaw
be able to choose head?
when flattening block just get average of edge instead of entire block
change opening screen to be a battle or something like monster stress test?
more mutation ideas - acid spit, infravision, small wings that while you can't fly allows you to miss many traps,
break?, mind blast, breathe fire, hypnotic gaze

Shadow
05-01-2018, 07:15 PM
new stuff
---------
would be nice if starting town could be surrounded
won hero quest instantly
still get people spawning inside of torches
get stealth mutation on adrenaline
from the deep - solved all quests didn't win
stamina potions have no value (or course need to get rid of them if don't add stamina back)

Shadow
05-11-2018, 06:19 PM
new stuff
---------
probably should do a skill & monster pass
go through mutations & add model/skins needed
bulletin board can get fog, wet, and darkness status effects (shouldn't because can't be damaged or attack)
wisps never seem to hurt me
got multi-strike for Power Strike - can level it up, but doesn't do anythig and can't unlevel it
hook up Sounds\Battlemage\retreat.wav
Nefarious - good unique monster name

Shadow
05-25-2018, 07:11 PM
new stuff
---------
can kill camp fires
? ! icons draw before shadows - change to an effect sort
wisps death lightning not hitting player? or just level 1 ones don't do any damage
Torches show up as Type: Shield (not sure I care)
got Herodius' blessing but didn't mention it (need a print)
can't increase or decrease tempest mutation
can increase but can't decrease quick skill on darkness
got darkness and bone shatter on powerstrike but only bone shatter changes name
towns should be more open on edges
cap combo stuff lower & bump less each time?
might need to update some blogs/forum posts that are no longer true
got a secret tunnel to shared level (placeholder part)
won brawl before all clans were destroyed
brawl everyone at war but me
never found anyone in brawl - many levels?
torch not lit after win, going to next area
monsters getting double promoted when they kill me
you must survive should get failed if you die?
Yellow Mold not waiting 5 seconds to start
fix hamstring skill
if change projectiles to go straight (not follow terrain), could make go slower up and faster down

Shadow
05-28-2018, 06:58 PM
new stuff
---------
need to fix all +/- on skills/modifiers
do ssao
fix female skins
sprint cancels any stamina drains?
potions to fix stamina drain, stunned, and other similar effects?
get rid of 2nd/3rd right click slots and arrow keys
simplifies left/right layout
need more monsters that can sprint faster
some monsters shoot projectiles at where you will be instead of where you are (stalkers?)
need to do rescue unlocks that specialty thing
UI pass
make ui purple to match buttons?
a little button rework to blend better?
still need to do something about alphaing out
things don't fae out when they go out of view if seen before?
dead things sink below ground?
more secrets?
add unique blocks/specified special room?
need more exploration sutff
more things you can find like good god altars?
Sounds\Battlemage\relentlessStrikes.wav
Sounds\Battlemage\bleedingStrike.wav
turn skill links off (at least the box part)
choose random specialty, got Shaman, started with no weapon (only have staff skill)
can't equip staff at all
attacks without a weapon are really, really slow
guards need to find a empty position

Shadow
05-29-2018, 07:01 PM
new stuff
---------
Elemental Resistances and Nature-based skills like Entangling Roots, Wall of Thorns, and some Health+Mana Regen (Andronius)
change attribute pedastals to rare or very rare minimum item
more secret effects
1 time gamble object (well/pillar/etc)
make vendors better (more rare items)
change changelings to only change when hurt & fake changeling can be hurt but not die (more surprise this way)
should I make days shorter so doesn't settle on bad spots for so long?
anti-magic lasts longer?
multiple camp fires block
stonehenge block
thieves/bandits can steal like leprecauns could
trapped ghost - crystal with ghost in it? if break ghost is released, bad ghosts attacks, starts quest, good
ghost - rewards player
hero grave
make monster statues more interesting - traps, etc
strange portal
unique versions of normal objects - well of life, witch cauldron
alchemist workshop
corrupted lifestone/manastone/healthstone
fountain of youth
pulsating crystal - area permanent buff
shrine with lots of candles
anything using BDragonStatue1?
can probably color magma/poison to make better fire mold/yellow mold
cold resistance (protection) - resistance number is incorrect (other protection skills are similar)
get Mutation: Thick Fur but it doesn't show up in skills list
won world war instantly
change HugeHeart mutation to more health?
change ExtraLungs - mutation to higher move speed?

Shadow
06-27-2018, 06:35 PM
new stuff
---------
stationary relics?
add extra for horde type monsters (male imps?, torvas, 1 of the dogs?)
make dogs able to sprint much faster
dogs have hamstring? fairly long range
de assassin - backstab, poison
de priest - curse
de warrior & scree - longer attack range
de wizard - fireball, iceball that slows
death knight - more defense, better drain, lifedrain
guardian - more armor
skeleton horde
more sizes of spiders?
Sounds/Battlemage/remorselessAttack.wav
Sounds/Battlemage/battlefieldTactics.wav
Sounds/Battlemage/defensiveStrike.wav

Shadow
06-28-2018, 06:58 PM
new stuff
---------
Would it be possible to allow keybinding to the mouse wheel? up and down (Cockbite)

Shadow
07-03-2018, 06:55 PM
new stuff
---------
water mutation - stronger when wet
ghost town
if haunted replace all npcs with ghosts?

Shadow
07-13-2018, 06:46 PM
new stuff
---------
starting town can get diagonal blocks you can't get to
rearrange game ui slightly to show more of gargoyles
Zombasite - give all my Clan-members "extra rations" at the same time (Justin Dwyer)

Shadow
07-25-2018, 07:12 PM
new stuff
---------
chance that ghost alphas in a little when targets player
monster enhancements can affect which quests a monster might start?
make bridges a special room with no name print? - possibilities - ambush, guardian, bandit
battalian of death knights quest
wisp - if raining can buff self with lighting bolt from sky?
other ways to piss off evil gods other than killing avatars
make font tool automatically bump to next resolution (milithien)
pits in cave need to be flat
when about to go up mutant level bar turns blue instead of purple
add wampir, hell hound, and brood to summoner
add hellhound to warlock?
do you fail clan protector of clan is destroyed
update font tool to bump to the next resolution automatically (milithien)
hide time left on some status effect icons (fog, wet, etc.)?

Shadow
07-31-2018, 06:58 PM
new stuff
---------
triggers should more consistenly do something
unique monster/item pass?
do I have a trap that lights torches?
breaking normal statue needs barrel breaking sound
make monster npcs more rare
sunrise by far has best color, can I make normal day color that and make sun rise/sunset even more extreme?
knockback should take terrain slope into account?
guards still in walls often
fire totems should cast light
near death taunt too late - always right next to death
do I have a just spotted taunt? - Time to die, easy prey, coming to me was stupid
make grass, tile, trees in sacred grove unburnable
make trees in sacred grove fullbright?
center altar in sacred grove?
ice imbue - blue skin, fire imbue - red, poison imbue - green
map needs black border when no collision on that edge in your level but in next level
lost Holy Well when I died, came back when I reloaded
let user specify when get low health warning? - slider?
resurrect ui disappears when I hold down 2 button (Slice skill)
when huge and all connected choosen - keep getting No open edges when building level error

Shadow
08-17-2018, 06:34 PM
new stuff
---------
nemesis main quest obsoleted because it took over different area (boss?)
didn't lose but can no longer win, won after declining quest
rewrite win/lose text
saurian mages might be killing wisps
can still get food sense on items
secret walls shouldn't fade in
getting broken tile blocks on opening screen
add a max to mac steam requirements
also probably ours
fix webpage background to use a Din's Legacy screenshot instead of Zombasite
more east/west
need to make map edges less straight
modifiers scrollbar on world map not shifted over enough
herodius blessing - happiness/insanity bonus for clan
more knockback on players?
clan healthstone needs to regen faster
set up other skins - stoneskin, fire imbued, etc
better skin.tga, also do skinHair.tga
holy war - every once in a while evil god gets pissed off, make avatars more unique, random good attack
occasionally (holy symbol tpye of attack)
statues should fade out quicker
volcano should do explosion & leave lava (instead of just lava)
is wampir effect white?
need some sound when using rain spell (scroll or skill)
soul harvesting skill mutation doesn't mention how much
leeching skill mutation doesn't mention how much
can buy guards but can't do anything with them - should be able to add as follower
some ghost standing (not an actor)
seems like getting a lot of ghosts - normally spawning any level version?
does the win quest go faster than normal?
invasion (with gates) scenario had lots of quests but not attributed to the gates
running DL straight from explorer goes away sometimes
reduce chances of taunt but make better debuff
make torvas quicker (movement and attacks)
make it so most new quests come from main quest
leprechauns start with too much gold
quests are showing up in multiple levels
X has plans to raid our clan (where did this quest come from?)
reserve ghosts for single use? unless haunted?
or maybe just much more rare
knockback more down hill & less up
getting things like Glyn the warrior quests twice
not knowing which level a quest is on is a problem
crystals count as monster for town alarm
projectiles should explode when they hit world objects
should always be able to shoot projectiles and not get can't see print?
gates - highest, sand bags - average
more vendors
house in desert roof & 1 wall not same level as rest of house
add a mode where you can't get rid of mutations/skill modifiers
more secrets, legendary objects, & specific special rooms
am I culling out specific special rooms when having hard time building level?
double specific special room chance
special vendors that do clan special things?
trigger has chance to spawn another trigger?
increase chances of good things in dead ends or secret areas
3 top yucca turns black whn fades out when in way
need print that a town NPC dies if I'm protecting the town (same thing for protect clan)
lots of monsters getting stuck in geometry
not seeing lairs? not seeing towers?
really cool things too rare? (magic chests, unique chests, specific special rooms, secret doors, etc)
shadow bolt hits things like water, oil, etc
have a hard time regening enough mana
is monsters starting in geometry them spawning in a "different level" and then not suppose to change levels
so can't do anything
relic vendor even though no relics
make it obvious a touched gate
should increase magic chance in dungeons
vendors need better stuff
add some basic skills that add mana/mana regen to strength (for warrior types), dexterity or vitality (for rogue
types)?
ninja - stealth, shuriken, other similar stuff, dagger mastery, cape, escape notice, critical hits, dodge, evasion
if perception is high enough highlight secret things (similar to highlighting)
silence spell? (no spells)
wall of fire
can I shrink cross & make a 2nd hand item that increases spirit?
vendors come to town more often
are monster resistance high enough?
make night matter more?
riot event?
spy (like scout but not visible quest unless killed or spotted)
town founded event (NPCs move in)
whirlwind should use more mana?
increase passives of active skills?
make object random sizes consistent across save/load - set seed, level seed + x + y (or mult)
guardians that I randomly run into are too easy - ghosts and guardians singlarily placed for a reason should
get level boost
giants should shake everything each step?
do gargoyles clump?
dark elves not outside unless night?
dark orcs get bonuses at night?
monsters respawn faster at night?
scrolling centerprints (so can have more than one)?
trigger flock of ambient creatures (bats, rats, etc) trap?
stoned/petrified - can't be hurt but can be surrounded
someone that sprints towards player on first seeing but can't do again (kind of like zombies, but really high
chance and high reuse time)
doors have chance of creaking & thus alerting monsters
are monsters more aggressive at night?
does shooting arrow from higher ground get bonus?
make fire elementals/hell hounds suseptible to cold damage
make fire elementals immune to fire damage?
are hellhounds resistant to fire?
do I get xp when triggering a trap that kills monsters? (really should get double)
detail textures?
any one that actively dodges incoming projectiles sometimes?
some monsters attack in groups (flank behavior)
initial sighting takes their fov into account?
ground that gets stretched enough double uv?
a way to replace some of object X with object Y
hitting something that is frozen can/will shatter them?
fire damage can unfreeze them
cold damage will put out fire dots
attach back up weapon to back?
change all set items to unique?
crosses could have heal increase like staff spell damage
hulk can charge and bash you and has large knockback?
could I make some more variants of monsters by simple color shifting?
do we have a falling rocks trap?
hidden crossbow trap? (just shoot a bolt from random location that can see player position)
volley of them would also be cool
perception skill could also highlight visible traps
does door breaking have good effect?
ghost can cause fear? basically a type of stun? or just have a paralyzing attack?
fire elementals actually absorb fire damage?
could I make stalactites (flip & move upwards)
doesn't block movement but if takes damage disappears and drops rocks
put a rank type of thing on specialties based on skill points in it?
gladiator/monk, expert gladiator/monk, master gladiator/expert monk, etc.
never see monsters with magic items
blindness effect? blacks out screen - probably need to put up blind or something on screen to be obvious
might need a world explosion so something like shuriken doesn't make rocks bleed
need a few mutated bad guys
need a debug var to draw bounding box
should get going to raid your clan type of quests on scenarios without a base
blinding flash works on falling rocks
need effect when destroying fire/ice projectile monster traps
restricted size areas don't connect well
duels have monsters
duels should be smart oponents only?
starting new game over and over crashes? or just when running from explorer
shouldn't be able to turn when stunned
rain destroyed a campfire instead of putting it out
remove old shadow options
luck aura has food sense
wisp death balls should hurt more
might need to make things easier
replace pots, bag, and bags with useable versions
red cave has floating torches
tunnel needs to be lowestSafe
some closed blocks still use bushes as collision
door vendor
higher stack for ice bombs/fire equivalent
X over slot needs to be centered better
definitely need to make dungeons have better loot, especially deeper levels
add more specific special rooms - each type in each ara?
add to graveyards?
more secrets
could add xp stands (better xp orb on top of town relic thing) - so can get from exploration not combat
lost altar of X (xp)
got statues
xp for finding special blocks?
some dungeons don't show up on minimap/map until found and don't get quests there
locked dungeons?
spawn more objects in general?
key for locked dungeon goes somewhere in overland map
can be sucked into nearby chest or monster (none of these can be culled)
make xp pillar really good xp
can also do mutated version (xp pillar)
secret caves use tunnel entrance or various other things
need a tower entrance model still
can't recruit new monsters?
tunnel destination should be secret until used
blocks with 3 closed sides more likely to have objects/chests?
need more ruble in ruins
evil altars need to be unique and/or always piss off god
need to update done/todo
code git
trap door to lair or secret dungeon
change wand to ranged attack like bow? (Thunderborn)
can find maps that point out secret dungeon locations or other interesting locations
clans need doors again
npc in a town could start a clan
new achievements - 25 special rooms found, 25 relics or whatever persistent boosts are called, should probably
call them something & add to journal
if town or village higher chance of npcs in other blocks
chance of multiple people in 1 house
do recruits have an additional chance?
ruins should have good loot
dark elf raids during night
some doors have trap that shuts & locks them after you walk through
persistent version of all obelisks?
gems found in caves more
items can get any skill on them like skill modifiers?
treasure chests (from scrolls) should be better
wands with any kind of spell on it, limited casts, doesn't have to be equipped, usually several levels higher
than level found
towns need to be themed more (npc type)
some cool things like special wands only found in chests?
always has chest block increases magic chance also
use old preferred type stuff - need to support multiple types and per type not per entry
more possible special rooms - crater, giant statue, war camp, ancient tree, haven
would be cool if different environments had more impact
deserts - nagas, scorpions, hellhounds, lurker, torva
graveyards - skeletons, undead, ghosts
ruins - skeletons
underground - dark elves, Ragnar, Shadow, wampir
caves - Plaguebringer, spiders
forest - stalkers, spiders
tropics - imp, torva
Steam Achievements

Shadow
08-27-2018, 06:37 PM
new stuff
---------
dirt mounds that contain buried treasure
volcano with dirt texture & smaller?
or could use haypile with dirt texture
or gold vein
use stairs down as another dungeon entrance?
is DungeonWater01 or DungeonWater02 used?
persistent obelisk should be royal blue color like color cave?
big monsters - styrac, drake, etc outside only?
any other class or vaiants we can do for other monsters?
demons & undead still at war?
things like desert saurian should show up in deserts?
a way for a monster type to dominate an area & that can expand
uniques, uprisings, bosses, etc usually come from these
these can also increase domination
add demon gate?
add a krall slam attack? earthquake type of attack?
KrallScout unique names
add new monsters to bestiary
uncovered dirt mound could end up being secret cave
lever that raises secret dungeon entrance or fades in entrance that was illusioned to be invisible
lair can exert influence/domination
found encampment but looks like ring of trees
lost bindings - went to mutate with specialty & back out with escape?
ss0108.tga missing dungeon wall
all fort blocks need to be adjacent/connected, can't add or remove a fort block that breaks adjacency
make ambient creatures random from list
random unique names for new monsters
Steam Cloud
might have to cap Giant Obelisk thing
better mipmaps? Kaiser filter? gamma correction? float throughout? take repeating into account?

Shadow
08-30-2018, 06:18 PM
new stuff
---------
make a way to prioritize certain item specs according to player (health regen, leech, etc) (JaminandShara Mills Famly)
vision that can see invisible monsters
add height to worldmap?
basically break up each into 128 tris
animating bushes have collision
drakes don't attack (just fire? purple/electric works)
things should sink slightly faster 1.2 instead of 1.1
in The Misty Hills but not labelled on map anywhere
one of the town corners (left bottom) has free collision spots in it (was probably a carried over block that was open closed open closed
in RenderSurface::setSort myAssert( shaderIndex < 16384 ); - was debugging might never happen in real game
small spider attacked large spider

Shadow
10-12-2018, 06:03 PM
I finally updated the public todo list again. It is also much better organized now.

Shadow
10-19-2018, 07:37 PM
*New stuff*
-----------
Also, are we supposed to get multiple statues of ourselves built in our honor? I have two right now. If so they should all have different poses to make it more interesting. (Nyithra)
Town attack quests seem to be unsolvable quite a lot, sometimes it'll spawn a few of the creatures specified and you can even find their gate and break it, but the quests are rarely solvable. Other times they won't spawn at all or you'll just find one or two hanging out around the town perimeter. (Etto)
Missing NPC (Mandark)
So my NPC companion seems to be missing. I had equipped items on her in my single player game. Then I played some multiplayer for a while (in someone elses game). Then went back to single player and no where to be found. Proceeded to create new maps in hopes of finding her but no luck. Happened before too. Kind of sucks and discourages me from investing anything in to them.
I realize that the companions are probably not the priority at this point but I might suggest taking a look to see if there is a more reliable way to keep them around when the game is stable.
you can use lock pick on spider webs? (Karol13)
i was playing a game where my arch nemesis was and they randomly died without me ever seeing them and the game told me i got a reward chest when i never got a reward chest (twitch.tv/ninja)
next step in playtestFull - auto win scenario here and there and move to next
could do a full stress test mode that goes through all levels and does playtest, monsters, quests, and changes
worlds often
should randomly use usable objects instead of dropping them
build skill item modifiers like did skill mutations?
randomly generate monster/item uniques from a file that contains name, base, level, database name,
main enhancement/enchantment?
mutated renegades with 1 main skill & 2 skill mutations and maybe other mutations?
reaper has a skill that gives like 5(+2 per level) health per kill, does anyone else think it should have some scaling based on character level or total hp (twitch.tv/ninja)
there is some weird sound issue with statues, like the game mutes sfx when you hit them (twitch.tv/ninja)
recruiting someone to your party and then making a new world shouldnt just add a clan member thats a ticking timebomb of anger (twitch.tv/ninja)
fix character export
can I change shadows to be during light pass instead of own pass - should be faster, also might look better (work
better with normal mapping)
npcs come to town with quests?
focus more on rewarding player?
achievements, fireworks, better chests (or more for reward purposes)
big reward chest for 25, 50, 75, and 100?
reward chest for each achievement?
that can be cheated easily by deleting global files
special world events like did in Drox? blood moon, solar eclipse, sand storms, major storms,
update Steam SDK?
does Zombasite to DL character fully work? make official feature?
will it work with DC?
change world modifiers to a status effect type on thing and add below are name on game and map screens?
basically change text to centered icons
add a border for world world mofifiers
could even have clan icon if they are based in level
when fight off a town/siege attack each NPC launches a firework for next couple minutes? (if no other attacks happening)
turn up item rarities a little?
bigger center print? fades in? does it fade out? expand so can get more than one, how long it stays depends on length
unique could attack an ally clan & then taunt you about it
option to hide unused skills?
Killed my opponent in a duel almost immediately after spawning (it spawned next to me), but win not triggered (Dragonface)
got a dungeon just full of water blocks (BeepBeep)
if a house goes across a level boundary the height of one wall will be wrong (not sure matters enough to fix since it would be complicated)
campfires should heal everyone nearby?
I think this has been a problem since launch but NPCs/vendors are really suicidal. Like when they are at low health they will run into battle and die when they could easily run away to survive. Could be good to have them just run away once they get to 10% health or something rather than autolocking on enemies. (Nyithra)

Shadow
10-26-2018, 06:01 PM
*New stuff*
-----------

This one has been poking around for a while and isn't a huge deal but I figured I'd mention it anyway, towns people seem to always spawn in at half health. I usually run around town healing everyone up to full in case of a big attack or such. (Etto)
I am in a pickle myself with this. I had a nemesis scenario and the nemesis is long gone, but there seems to be a rather large area with a very aggressive spawn rate of warring races. Due to the constant battles, my quest log is filled with dozens of heroes, and for every hero I kill, two more seem to pop up. The quest log doesn’t even pick all the heroes up. I have neutralized at least half a dozen heroes for whom there was no mention in the quest log. Maybe those were heroes that were not created by something that was related to my late nemesis. (MordaRazgrom)
Question is: do I keep at it, or just abandon and start a new scenario? I can probably finish eventually if I fully explore and kill enemies so the respawn stops, but it would take a troubling amount of time. I am facing Dark Elves, and I am a frost/fire/healer nuker. Each Dark Elf has to be killed twice, once for regular, but they always come back as undead. There are so many fireballs and spells on my screen at once that my computer chugs a bit, and a couple of lucky shots and I die. I could do it, but I wonder if it is even worth it.
I just acquired a fear passive through mutation xp level. I haven't seen that happen unless I die a lot to a specific monster. Is it working as intended? Randomly becoming afraid of skeletons doesn't make sense to me. (Mandark)
i got a defense unit from another clan trading me but i dont think im actually able to use it - probably talking about guards (chesse20)
When I crash and I'm in someone's game, I can't rejoin because it shows as if I were still in the game. This means that the host has to restart every time I crash. Would really like a fix for this. (Mandark)
does trying to join bump the time and make it harder to get in?
rescues come to town (if a town)
Fireball (Fire Mage) vs Holy Fire (Shaman). They are similar skills but Fireball is superior. Greater damage, explosion range, and faster cast. I suppose you could build around HF but I'm not sure why. HF is cheaper on skill points and that's about it. (Mandark)
Serrated Arrow (Hunter) vs Hunting Shot (Commoner). Exactly the same skill except SA has a status effect where HS does not. Why choose HS? (Mandark)
Ice Storm (Ice Mage) vs Hell Storm (Dark Templar). IS gives a status effect and a good one at that. Costs only one more skill point to start. You could use HS in a fire build, sure, but there are better AoE alternatives in the Fire Mage skillset. *Unrelated.. I'd really like to see a Meteor skill somewhere. (Mandark)
Arcane Swarm. It's a fun idea for a skill, don't get me wrong. The problem is that the targetting is terrible due to uneven terrain. This is one of the first skills I ever tried but I quickly found out that many of my casts were waisted mana because the missiles could not path to an enemy just a few feet away. (Mandark)
Concentration skills from Thief. My Plague Doctor build could use the Poison one but it doesn't seem worth investing in with a 4 minute reuse time and a 30 second duration. I suppose you could throw points into +skill effect duration but it hardly seems worth the hassle. The same could be said about any skill with a really long cooldown and short duration. I never select them. (Mandark)
I see. If that is the case perhaps dropping the +0 and only showing a number when it goes up, having just "(item) has leveled up" instead, as this has caused me to abandon equipment thinking it is bugged. (Nyithra) - talking about ego item leveling up but getting no damage/armor boost
can mutate with another player in multiplayer? need permission?
normal attack can only help combo get up to 50%
Din's Curse Infernal Abyss has lots of crystal sounds in background - pull this over?
Din should be in the game somewhere like DC?
didn't announce fight or that one of them died (or left town)
need to halve happiness changes and reputations changes
add relations button back to NPCs?
are reward chests from NPCs happening now?

Shadow
12-07-2018, 07:00 PM
*New stuff*
-----------

more monster alliances, reinforcements, retreating when not in combat
For whatever reason, my summons seem to attack crystals a lot. Which is unfortunate since they explode and damage everyone. (hella)
Also, it'd be nice to be able to trade crafting materials with other players. (hella)
And being able to start a new scenario at any time (i.e. not just after winning) in multiplayer without kicking the other player(s) out would be nice, too. (hella)
@Bug: "Mutate from existing character" copied my current character over the one I was using to mutate from. (Koztic)
I was playing with my brother over the internet and just before this happended to me. His character had this happen first. So we left the game to confirm that this other character was gone and was now a copy of the character he was playing, it was. We started a new game to play with our same characters. I level as I joined his game. I note this because I went to look at my "spell book" and all my skills were gone. All I had was a basic mana regen. I crtl+alt+del, ended task to hope that it wouldn't save.
At this point my brother had to go so I made a game. All my skills were back, and seemed normal. before I started this game I copied all my character files to make backups. I then went to test the "mutate from exsisting character". Sure enough, it copied my current character over the one I wanted to mutate from.
As I said I have the .chr and .his for all my characters just before I tested. Let me know if you want any of the files.
would be cool if could wield a wand in left hand (no stats from it/just get skills)
@With that craziness aside, random skills on items would be cool. I think it would be an amazing way to make
uniques, artifacts and legendaries more desireable if random skills could only appear on them. Or, if they
have a chance to appear on ego items when ego items level up. (Destro*)
@unique bags? (Dragonface)
can I increase the map exploration radius? (many people have asked for this)
@"Find Evidence" quest?
Last night I got a quest to find out who had cursed the town by locating evidence. I did find the evidence (called "Curse Notes", I think) right next to the NPC that was my only clan member. This didn't solve the quest, though. (ricmadeira)
In Zombasite there was an additional step you had to take: you had to select which one of your clan members to accuse based on the evidence you gathered, and hope you got the right one. How to accuse a person wasn't very obvious, it was an option tucked away somewhere in one of the many game windows.
Try as I might I couldn't find that option in Din's Legacy. Is this quest type in Din's Legacy by mistake or was just I too dumb to find the accuse option? :O
I also got a "player ran" taunt when the boss retreated to a different level. (Fulano)
I got an overrun area, but the description of the quest wouldn't come up, the area was filled with striped stalkers and I couldn't even get a swing in without dying. After my first time dying I won. (Fulano)
It also seems 3/4 of the areas I start have the "fast pace" world modifier. (Fulano)
debug build will crash if using zips (will get too many open handles at about 17)
Shankar's Greaves dexterity passive not working (Mandark)
Demonic Control useless if at high level but skill level is low (less than 1 second of control) (Mandark)
funny interaction with blood sacrifice. Whenever i get a mana burn affix with scavenger, the blood sacrifice self dmg from every attack procs my mana burn and i kill myself very fast. Blood sacrifice is generally pretty funky, pretty sure i killed myself with it once by proccing a flame shield an npc ally put on me. (Hashashiyyin)
the gods should probably have armor and items for asthetic looks so they arent all just the same default man and woman (@everyone)
One of my characters was reset to level 0 and all of his stuff are gone, and also everything (including the bags) are gone from my shared stash! All of my unlocked classes are reset as well. Now I have to unlock them all again... (Ninjakillzu)
any thoughts on somehow changing Linked Skills so that it's more straightforward to selectively get rid of part of a linked set? (Hashashiyyin)
I finally rolled Lucky on this character so I got to confirm it works as expected. My incoming damage is indeed capped at 336, 75% of my hp pool. GL chunking through that 11k mana shield.. (Hashashiyyin)
Lucky and Mana Shield
My cape has Frost Hands, which should block my wearing any gloves, but it does not. (DrJoeFitz)
A few bosses have cropped up as being in walls, so they cannot be seen until I am right next to them. I killed them anyway, but wonder whether you have any opinion on the bosses being in walls. (DrJoeFitz)
I have lots of rolled areas, which I'd like to streamline. I've thought about using one or two ubercharacters to clear a
few, but when I go to win an area (i.e., I Leave from the flashing-crown menu), it doesn't look like I have any option
but to roll another area. Do you have any thoughts/opinions on this? Yes, I know how to delete areas, but figured I
might as well give higher-level chars some bennies from winning them... (DrJoeFitz)
edit: Guess I should be unbiased too and say Last Man Standing scenario is too overpowered (get like 15 small reward
chests in 5 minutes... OP). More set/unique items would be nice. Earthquake is overpowered compared to other skills
late game (Full clear entire areas instantly, something no other skill comes close to doing without massive CDs). But,
idk, without Earthquake, I don't know how one can bear the grind to level 100. Even imagining that grind with a
single-target skill makes me tremble in fear (would take many many days). This is more of an overall balance thing I
suppose though. It's still overpowered to bring level 100 NPCs to low level areas, overpowered to be able to buy level
100 mail/plate items from high level npcs (because the items have no level requirements), a bit unfair for those who
already hit level 100 in the past to be able to get by the level 'wall' once you reach the highest level of a difficulty
and can't go higher, and... well I guess I should stop there. (Destro)
crashed in Player::mutantLevelUp (while using mutate level up cheat)
SkillBase::getStatIndex
_linkedSkill but data is 0xfeeefeee
Behind Enemy Lines sometimes wins instantly - Scenario2 (Fulano)
Survival sometimes clan objects start out of area - Scenario3 (Fulano)
I'm still seeing lots of zombie stuff, though I have the "Zombies Allowed" unchecked. (Fulano)
messages don't wrap on the screen (message queue) especially when in larger font (Crisses)
Something's up with the "dice rolls" to trigger events on items, because an item with like a 1% chance of summoning Avatars probably shouldn't summon 3 in a row during the same battle. Sounds like a bad salt or random generator? Other items with higher chances seem never to go off, this one went off 3 times in a row several times. (Crisses)
clan objects get clumped tightly together if spawned out of world (Crisses)
The towers have a visual issue on my machine, I don't know if others have it but it seems like they're supposed to have a glowing effect on the top, but instead they've just got a cylinder on my computer. (Fulano)
I see the zombies are showing up because the game spawned the "Zombie Treacherous Desert" so it seems the area modifiers override the world setting. (Fulano)
monster density & stability, start at 3:00 - https://youtu.be/Gcgsn7g57W0 (Destro)
Kodiak Strength + Berserk is overpowered
consistent way to get through it is with Druid Earthquake + Earth Mastery and a couple of the mana gain on kill passives
edit: Champion is not increasing damage of Earthquake. (https://imgur.com/a/9K7hDLb) (Destro)
1st pic it isn't active, second it is. (You can tell by comparing character sizes, also my champ buff is level 33... should be 750% more damage... guessing its probably only programmed to work on attacks... but nothing about the spell indicates its attack only)
There are two achievements called Destroyer. One for destroying clans and the other to do 4000 damage in one attack. (Fulano)
What does the Gladiator's Blood Lust skill do? It seemed in Din's Legacy it only boosted their special way of gaining mana (Extra mana in combat or something?) I didn't find anything that described how that worked in Din's Legacy. It doesn't seem to be affecting passive mana regeneration because it doesn't change when I increase the skill, unless the change isn't reflected in the stats. (Fulano)
The yellow crystal effect looks very similar to the yellow elite effect, I often confuse them and think I've stumbled upon a swarm of elite monsters when they're just getting the lightning boost. (Ya, I might be a little slow... :) ) (Fulano)
I was fighting a zombie gate with ice reflect, the reflected projectiles were all firing straight down rather than reflecting to the attacker. (Fulano)
Can I map the spacebar to scrap by default rather than just donate? Since it automatically donates when it scraps, I thought it might simplify things a bit. I'm not seeing a specific option to do that yet though. (Fulano)
Do merchants still change their inventories? Also, do they still sell items that have been sold to them? I don't think I've ever seen their gold go up after I use up all of it. (Fulano)
Request: turning off summoning candles increases the time-to-ritual. Like add a minute per candle snuffed. I made it to the level with 3 minutes left on my clock and thought it would be very reasonable if they started their ritual and said "Wait! Someone's mucking with our candles!" and had to figure out which candle(s) to turn back on to re-start the ritual. lol (Crisses)
#1) Weapon types: Spears, these would be a great weapon with a better range than one handed, equipping a shield with them should be possible. This would be the middle ground between large two handed weapons and the smaller one handed. You'd be able/need to add a spear specialty to various character classes but it would open up a Spearman character set which would be focused on forward arc damage, single target melee, or evasion/blocking. In a sense this is somewhat cosmetic, but it shouldn't be hard to add in some spear models, and the animation should be pretty basic. (Charles_Odinforce)
#2) This one is already there, you just haven't seen it in a sense. A pugilist/unarmed class or martial arts style class. Again it wouldn't be hard to come up with 3 variations (Brawler, Shaolin, Qi Mystic) With these classes gaining passives that make up for the lack of weapons. Maybe let them use a staff OR force them to use some kind of cestus. Character animations are already in so this would be very easy to add in. Another option would be a passive on each of these that gave some defensive and offensive bonus when no weapons were carrier, and used gloves defensive armor as a damage type. (Charles_Odinforce)
I started having spell casting troubles again... I think each time I press the key to cast a spell it starts the animation, but the animation is reset when I press the key again, spending my mana each time I mash the button but never completing the spell. I kinda have the habit of maching the button several times to get the spell to cast. (Fulano)
Also, I've got the raise dead ability. Periodically the monsters I raise are halfway in the ground rather than walking on the ground. (Fulano)
After a couple hours of playing, selling everything to one particular merchant her money hasn't changed. She did start with like 3 gold pieces though and I've only managed to sell about 1 GP worth of stuff. (Fulano)
I was getting trashed by a group of "rogue syndicate" people as well. They were doing 1000 damage per hit, and I only had 800 HP. (Fulano)
probably needs to be a mutation help topic (Beige Shiba)
So, another clan traded me for a guard... I went to his town and tried to install it (since I didn't have any pedestals) and the guard showed up on his defense screen, but he's installed on my town. (Fulano)
Aaaaanway, brought another guy from this map to a 3rd one and it's a last man standing. (Fulano)
The guy I brought is standing in the middle of the dungeon, and the clans are all at peace. They're gradually declaring war on each other though.(Fulano)
For some reason I can't hit any of them... I've been having to spam mana potions and gradually ice nova them to death while running. It's not going well...(Fulano)
So... if I move an item in a merchant's inventory to the bottom left square (above the held items squares) I get the message "no one wants this item" (Fulano)
Sadly, I couldn't get it to actually donate things for free to the town. :)
One idea I just had, it'd be nice if when you searched for bounty in the overworld, and the target was in a dungeon, the marker appears roughly where the dungeon entrance is (Dragonface)
Although I don't think it should do this in dungeons, only in the overworld (because of the size of some areas)
If I hand my buddy a torch, it should affect the lighting. But it doesn't. Didn't Indiana hand a torch to his buddy? It worked in the movies.... (Crisses)
And for something +30ish light it doesn't seem to do much anyway..... (Crisses)
Spiders die with a plop that's pretty loud compared to other critters. (Crisses)
Some way to pick up all nearby, or even autoloot items much like we do with gold now. (Doesn't Learn From Mistakes)
A way to buy all of a stack of items, this is especially helpful when buying potions or from a crafting vendor. (Doesn't Learn From Mistakes)
after brawl scenario no biggest accomplishent or impressive kill
got "chest stuck" on secret wall (lever was controlling it)
shared levels is messing up world map centering on player when pulling map up
bag vendor walked away while I was talking to her
color of map changed over save/load
npc no visible arrow from basic bow attack is annoying
gating to/from secret area no sound?
only add to map scroll bar stuff if should draw that level?
any model spawned from spawnAreaBlock gets referenced immediately, can a pause reference until loaded?
another slow down could be level generation, add a print so can see when it happens & how many tries
I'm having a hard time healing myself lately... I usually have to pause the game and specifically select my character to heal myself. I don't think it works anymore to just hover over my character.
Part of the trouble is having a couple pets or towns people with me, the game prioritizes healing them if they happen to be in the area of my character. Something like that. (Fulano)
Sounds/Environment/owlHooting-001.wav - 007.wav

Bluddy
04-18-2019, 06:50 PM
Is this still being updated? I like being able to see the todo list.

Shadow
04-24-2019, 12:31 PM
Is this still being updated? I like being able to see the todo list.

I need to start regularly updating this again.

Shadow
05-24-2019, 07:16 PM
I just updated the list. I'm not posting the new stuff here because it has been so long since I posted it last.

Shadow
06-07-2019, 03:36 PM
New stuff:

fix player clan gate on gate map
In terms of overall balance, monster damage is really good late game when leveling, melee is still way too overpowered in
terms of pure damage (my lvl 37 char was 1-shotting level 75 monsters *shrug*), gaseous form is still overpowered and there
aren't enough good sources of elemental/arcane resistance that can be acquired on the skill tree. Just my 2c though. (Destro*)
fireworks boost happiness for the townspeople? (Dragonface)
maybe a large aura, rare to trigger but effect lasts a while
In each scenario where there is bulleting board it show texture of character model.

rainbow
06-07-2019, 06:03 PM
For the next patch, unless already fixed, would you please have the Town's people heal themselves at the healing alter/stone? I think it's silly for the Town's People to run around town with half the health when there is a healing stone not to far away. :D

Thank you.

Shadow
06-21-2019, 06:42 PM
*New stuff*
-----------

fix player clan gate on gate map
gaseous form is still overpowered (Destro*)
there aren't enough good sources of elemental/arcane resistance that can be acquired on the skill tree (Destro*)
fireworks boost happiness for the townspeople? (Dragonface)
maybe a large aura, rare to trigger but effect lasts a while
In each scenario where there is a bulletin board it shows texture of character model
I had a 'kill your nemesis' win condition. However a couple of minutes into the scenario something other than me killed my
nemesis. This caused me to fail the scenario, even though the loss conditions were not met (loss of steward, apothecary &
warmaster). I have no doubt you have set up a failsafe (error handling? exception handling? Code is rusty...) so that
situations where neither condition is met and the scenario cannot be completed result in a loss. Can I suggest you change
this to default to a win, for the player's sake. (Throwback)
Acid is still one of the game's worst mechanics. It damages armour, thus penalizing melee (which is probably fine given
how strong melee is this time round). However, what makes it really bad is that it's *invisible* under a lot of ground
cover. I don't know if you will have to recode things significantly, but damn this is an infuriating 'quirk' that could
use a fix. I assume it's hard to do since it was also a significant issue in zombasite. This is absolutely a 'pain
point' and I think it's worth doing the work. (Throwback)
For the next patch, unless already fixed, would you please have the Town's people heal themselves at the healing alter/stone? I think it's silly for the Town's People to run around town with half the health when there is a healing stone not to far away. (rainbow)
make them more likely to do activities when not full health - more likely to go near healthstone
I just had a Town Protector scenario where as soon as I spawned into the new world, I instantly won the map. Kinda odd. (Carnage)
Happiness: Give us a way to modify/improve it or just remove it altogether. It's exceptionally frustrating to have to hope and pray you get a useful NPC with "Hates Zombies" or "Hates Dogs" to keep that happiness up because we don't have realistic ways of managing it. (KafkaExMachina)
other clan gate blue on minimap and red on world map
Sometimes Armor of Faith skill didn't activate the mutation (stone skin). (Varkon)
Sometimes a dungeon is not quite in the right area. It will be in the next area, instead of the area mentioned in quest list. (Varkon)
Sometimes when I start a new area, my party member will not be in my party anymore and when I find him/her, I cannot make them rejoin party. (Varkon)
I'm still getting an instant victory on occasion. I noticed it with Raiders challenge for sure. (Varkon)
I saved and quit a game at the start of a Gladiator challenge, but when I reloaded save, no monsters showed up the whole time. (Varkon)
All the summons that only last 60 seconds should be permanent like the skeletons etc. or at least longer than a minute. (Varkon)
In multiplayer, there should be a way to link an item in chat so others can see that epic loot you got. (Varkon)
Death Rune skill is still too long a reuse time, should be 1 second like the other AOE spells. (Varkon)
Made a new character , just to be sure to get all the new things. (lbhgaming)
Upon creating a new world , it crashed to desktop. Edit : Working on the second go , though.

Shadow
08-30-2019, 07:01 PM
I updated the todo list with the status of things after version 1.000.

Shadow
09-03-2019, 07:40 PM
*New stuff*
-----------
I think the Berserk skill's debuff should stack: the more you use it repeatedly, the lower your defense goes. Otherwise, I can just keep using it all the time, and it's fast too. Alternatively, it should have a cooldown. (Bluddy)
When collecting mana/health in empty flasks, often the equipment tab will overlap the mana/healthstone making it awkward to even bother collecting hp/mana in empty flasks. (beatsh4ck)
Would it be possible to have the equipment tab not in the center of the screen?
uprisings in a small level like a road can have problems spawning (Logorouge)
lots of people getting this
basilisk uprising quest Kurt.chr/Bleakpeak.wld (kon345)
might not have a single spawn point in level
Snow weather effect lower fps so much and makes the game laggy my spec ( 1080/16gb ram/ i7 6700 ) (Hobgoblin)
Left clicked on 4 (gravestones) so far. Nothing, Under 'Robber' still shows 0 graves raided. (Jaeger99)
make sure is working correctly - As title, I have no idea how to get sudden death kills. I have a few but when I
actively try to get them I cannot. Tried ranged and melee attacks+skills from stealth and not stealth. Doesn't seem to
work. What is the trick to them? (Major Twitch)
soldak, any chance we can get a percent explored indicator somewhere? for all the explorers out there! (henzor)
I honestly can't tell if Sonic Blast is working with passives that modify projectile damage or speed (foolishwtf)
killing an unrelated clan makes you lose diplomacy mode (chesse20)
When I try to shoot poison arrow, while I stand still with the left mouse button. It fires a normal arrow when there is no target. (Dr. Freeman)
how low level does possessed spawn? (davidb11)
duel opponent wasn't in level, had 2 level names overlapping, gate on map was out of bounds (Reifam)
New World is a Duel, but I am trapped on top of the gate in a dark cave and cannot move. (davidb11)
btw, the keybindings has a minimap key (tab by default). Is it supposed to do nothing? (DinoMC)
I found out the 'upgrade' functionality by pure luck (reading forums) (Swal)
I also have noticed another remmant from Zombasite- when you pick up sounds, game plays eating sound even when you don´t use it, as in Zombasite you would automatically use food item when you collected it. But not there. (Reginald_CZ)
When I was doing non-perm runs, I'd flick between Prayer and Focus: Damage to quickly buff it to 200% (combo) (DestroTheGod)
Pain Delay + Bloodthirst doesn't seem to work together (Swal)
just demonic controlled a bulletin board... cool beans (DestroTheGod)
I'm 100% sure the forced mutation is buggy right now with how many wasted points I've had. (Ishiga)
https://www.twitch.tv/destrothegod/videos // I did my new favorite lightning strike build, which I love because you get all of the overpoweredness of melee in the form of a ranged multi-target ability.
lightning blade too powerful?
I just had a town where I picked up like 3 entertainers, but the only one that seemed to be adding to the happiness was the one in my party. (Waku)
Whirlwind+multi-strike?
Also people seem to agree that crafting isn't explained well in terms of boosting weapon power. (Bluddy)
There are NPCs who cannot be recruited to your town, but can join your party. Except if they join your party, they also join your town. So you just dump your current NPC and get the new one into your party and he joins your town anyway. (Bluddy)
My apothecary is stuck with a talk icon over her head. Talking to her doesn't make it go away. (Bluddy)
your change to make Contact with other clans free in the trade screen makes it so that you can buy all contacts for free. An unintended side effect I imagine? Makes it suuuuper easy to offload items for gold now, hehe (DestroTheGod)
bug #2, please make lightning strike prioritze targets under cursor over puddles of water (DestroTheGod)
Seems like there's no instruction in the game how to get rid of Zombasite. Unlike in Zombasite itself, there should be a tooltip explaining what works against the infection. (Bluddy)
open a town door and move, blip on map will disappear
changling change takes a while to trigger when has taken enough damage already

Shadow
09-04-2019, 07:30 PM
*New stuff*
-----------
got skill Shatter of Shattering (Nirimetus)
So i dont understand those 2 situational assasin attacks: "precise strike", and "critical strike".. They both have
a condition that needs to be met in order to even use them. They have 1 sec attack time - which is kinda long. -
and neigther really do much more damage than simply spamming "lethal blow" (AuraForLaura)

Shadow
09-11-2019, 07:04 PM
*New stuff*
-----------
There are 4 types of special hits that have a chance of happening on every melee hit (2 can also happen on magic attacks). (risa)
The fps drop seem to be caused by those seed like things that spawn on the ground sometimes. (Nirimetus)
add Only Hope character option back in? (Calubob)
amorphs could have very high lightning + fire resistance (earth being resistant to lightning and fire). Characters wearing metal would have low lightning resistance (I actually wish you could go below 0 and be extra vulnerable, but that's a different story). Mages would be resistant to magic; fire mages highly resistant to fire (I know this part exists, but it can be increased for this game). Furry animals could be resistant to cold; etc. (Bluddy)
teleported and got stuck GotStuck.jpg (Espr)
autocontinue combat stuff, starting too quickly? (JackintheBox)
So, just to confirm, are level 9 Elite zombie dune scorpions supposed to have over 800 HP? (davidb11)
I just used 13 mutation points trying to get basic defense from classes and failed. (Update: 23 points in total now (davidb11)
I was having mana related problems with my assassin when I noticed that the Energizing Block effect didn't seem to change despite the skill being leveled up. (the status effect shows as level 1 even if skill is higher) (Logorouge)
Tweak relationships mechanics during raids - Just got raided by chaos clan. After killing very first attacker, got "the last warning" from clan that was friends with them (kinda like "stop attacking my friend, or you will pay"). (*Yuki*)
I'm almost certain LB damage calculation is wrong. I do 1.2M crushing with it, while whirlwind only does 67K crushing. (Same skill levels), no additional lightning damage equipped (Swal)
Unholy Vitality from mutation doesn't benefit from extra status time. (at least it doesn't when linked to Adrenaline) (Swal)
Mutation Heaing Aura doesn't affect the caster (Swal)
can't get to Timberland Rose.chr / Crowshield.wld (Espr)
Hex? - the warlock talent/skill It cost 6 point to use this skill. It seems veeeery underpowered and kinda useless. What am i missing? (AuraForLaura)
staves have lower spell damage than wands (Misfit)
BaseStaff - SpellDamageMultBase 0.01 / BaseWand - SpellDamageMultBase 0.02
still have some follower across win issues (Olowokandi)
altar stuck in wall - picture at https://steamcommunity.com/app/911550/discussions/0/1634166237666172201/ (chesse20)
Evil pool gave me .3 poison damage per second as a debuff, don't think evil pool poison downside scales (chesse20)
Bug: Character Disappeared? I was creating a new map to explore outside areas, finishing the quest line, deleting the completed map, and creating a new one. After about 3 times, I created a new map and it started with the help screen. I closed it out to see I was a level 1 nothing. When I checked my saves, nothing was there. (Cutebleeder)
I have skills that lower it to 84% price to enchant, but price is still 100% (shown on item) (chesse20)
can you attack menchants that are being a problem? (BorkFate)
make sure quest monsters are spawning correctly in save_and_world.rar