PDA

View Full Version : Modding Therapy skill

adyy78
04-03-2018, 10:43 AM
Hi all.I just discovered that there is this new skill called therapy,but i only got one npc with that skill.So since it was so rare,i went to check the files,and to my surpires without any program,skill or knowledge,i could play around with a few things,but even increasing the value of "jobchance" won't help,i'm keep getting priests (i deleted every other classes) and still none of them has the therapy skill.Any help, or suggestion how to get them normally in the game ?

Shadow
04-03-2018, 06:51 PM
jobchance would only change how often NPCs use that skill, if they have it.

To make it be given to more priest NPCs, you would want to do something like this:

BaseArchetypeNpcFreeRecruitPriestTherapyMod addsTo BaseArchetypeNpcFreeRecruitPriest
{
RandomSkill SkillTherapist
}

That would effectively make the therapist skill 5 times more likely to get chosen for priests.

adyy78
04-04-2018, 12:35 PM
Thank you for the fast reply.I tried to add the lines you wrote to the skills.gdb but it didn't work.I added more "RandomSkill SkillTherapist",i've added the npcpriest class to the classes multiple times to increase the likelyhood of an npc be a priest but nothing worked x'D. Could you please help me how and what to add to which files ?I also tried to add it to everyclass by changing "BaseArchetypeNpcFreeRecruitPriestTherapyMod addsTo BaseArchetypeNpcFreeRecruitPriest" to "BaseArchetypeNpcFreeRecruitWarriorMaleTherapyMod addsTo BaseArchetypeNpcFreeRecruitWarriorMale" etc and no change.Or if it is easier,could you tell me how to add it to the bas skills?That way it will be 100% it will show up.

Also,i've noticed assets 1 and assets 4 both has skills,classes,system etc gdb files as well.Did you forget to update/delete them or they are supposed to be like that ?

Also2,which file contains peronalities ?If it is simple enough(deleting lines) i'd like to delete negative personalities.

Also3,how effective is the therapist skill ?Or is it just some minor fanservice?Cos i saw the post where someone asked for the skill and you said you added after that.If it is,are there no real way to manage insanity?Do we have to rely on rng to drop relics that decrease insanity without the therapist skill?And how effective is R&R ?(minutes wise)

adyy78
04-16-2018, 01:55 AM
Uhm....hello ?

Shadow
04-16-2018, 03:52 PM
Sorry, I've been distracted by getting shadow mapping working in the next game.

Well that just increased the odds, so it is very possible you still don't see it very often.

You could do something like this:
NpcFreeRecruitPriestMale1TherapyMod addsTo NpcFreeRecruitPriestMale1
{
Skill SkillTherapist
}

and do the same thing for NpcFreeRecruitPriestMale2, NpcFreeRecruitPriestMale3, NpcFreeRecruitPriestFemale1, NpcFreeRecruitPriestFemale2, and NpcFreeRecruitPriestFemale3. That should make all priests have the therapy skill.

Files in assets004.zip override files in assets001.zip (nothing ever gets deleted from the original files).

Personalities are in Database/Monsters/npcPersonality.gdb

Off hand I forget how effective the therapy skill is. There are many ways to try to deal with insanity though: R&R does work fairly well, insanity items, full rations, don't let others die/go insane/or leave, and make sure to cure things that are affecting your clan members.

adyy78
04-17-2018, 02:25 AM
Haha,i had a feeling you were busy with the next game,no problem,good luck with it and thank you for answering my questions.