PDA

View Full Version : Blank screen with 8x samples

longshot
04-27-2011, 10:06 AM
On my mac pro, setting the number of samples to 8 in the graphics options will result in a blank screen at any resolution, fixing it requires opening user.cfg in Application Support, and setting the samples back to any number besides 8.

This is with Mac OS X 10.6.7, and a ATI Radeon HD 5870 graphics card with 1024mb of memory.

Have a good one.

Shadow
04-28-2011, 10:04 AM
That's strange. It works fine on my Mac, but I have a different graphics card. In the Windows world I would say it's probably an ATI driver issue.

longshot
04-30-2011, 05:26 AM
Just for fun, I tried using 8 samples with the Depths of Peril Demo, and it worked fine, so I'm guessing it's something specific to Din's Curse.

Also, when the screen goes blank, everything else still works, mouse input, sound, etc. You just can't see anything :)

Erevos
04-30-2011, 06:20 AM
i have windows 7 64bit and i have a kind of similar thing, sometimes my screen goes blank, but after 1-2 sec its ok, its not very often but i've lost 2 HC chars for it.

Shadow
05-02-2011, 11:25 AM
Just for fun, I tried using 8 samples with the Depths of Peril Demo, and it worked fine, so I'm guessing it's something specific to Din's Curse.

Also, when the screen goes blank, everything else still works, mouse input, sound, etc. You just can't see anything :)

Now that's strange. I don't think any of the AA stuff has changed since DoP. I'll look at it some though and see if anything looks wrong.

longshot
05-02-2011, 04:35 PM
I've tried attaching to the Dungeon Crawl process using OpenGL profiler, but it won't let me. On the log side, the log in the application support folder doesn't log any issues. Just looks like a normal log -

Opened Display Audio Device
Using 256 sound sources
Sound system initialized
Input initialized
Debug system started

So there isn't much more I can do on my side to troubleshoot the issue.

tkirby2003
06-08-2011, 02:27 PM
i have windows 7 64bit and i have a kind of similar thing, sometimes my screen goes blank, but after 1-2 sec its ok, its not very often but i've lost 2 HC chars for it.

I get the same thing. I am using a laptop with the Nvidia 540m and Intel HD3000 video cards with Optimus technology.