View Full Version : Polish translate project
06-30-2018, 01:14 PM
Hello. I intend to translate to polish zombasite, however, I have a problem with the font which does not accept Polish characters(ą ć ę ł ń ż ź) . Is it possible to do something about it?
07-02-2018, 02:36 PM
I believe you can do it. You will need to grab the modding SDK from Drox Operative and use the FontGen tool to create a new font at the various needed sizes that has the polish characters in it.
07-03-2018, 06:06 AM
so, I downloaded and launched FontGen.exe. Dose window appeared for a moment and disappeared. I created the font files "arial12" I do not have the option to choose the size of the font to be created because the window itself disappears. font files assembled as described, in system.gdb I changed the standard font to arial and unfortunately nothing changed. I do not know what I'm doing wrong.
07-03-2018, 06:11 AM
running FontGen.exe with cmd opens a separate window and the rest proceeds as in the case of standard startup
07-03-2018, 12:15 PM
Fontgen is a command line tool. You just need to run it from cmd and give it the correct parameters. Here's how I generate the font for the game:
fontgen name Gentium size 8 textureSize 128
fontgen name Gentium size 10 textureSize 128
fontgen name Gentium size 12
fontgen name Gentium size 16
fontgen name Gentium size 20
fontgen name Gentium size 24
fontgen name Gentium size 28 textureSize 512
fontgen name Gentium size 32 textureSize 512
fontgen name Gentium size 36 textureSize 512
fontgen name Gentium size 40 textureSize 512
fontgen name Gentium size 48 textureSize 512
07-03-2018, 01:19 PM
thanks for the hints. I have yet to force the game to work :) I've put .fnt files in assets001\fonts and .tga in
assets001\textures\ fonts. in the
assets001\Database\systems.gdb file, I changed the appropriate fields to new fonts.
in the game, strange symbols appear instead of Polish letters.
I also tried using the unicode diacritical signs (unicode) without success
tga files do not convert to ctx. Maybe this is the reason
07-03-2018, 03:52 PM
in .trn files should I write Polish characters expressed by some code or normally?
sorry for so many questions and so little knowledge :)
07-03-2018, 04:17 PM
In general you don't want to modify the zip files directly. The mod sdk tries to describes how to do it so it will work well with other mods and new patches.
I believe you are going to need to use normal ascii text, not unicode. Basically the ascii index of the characters will need to match what is in the font.
07-03-2018, 04:35 PM
I give up. I do not understand how it all works. will remain without any Polish letters. maybe somebody smarter will one day take them to ready-made Polish files. Thanks a lot for any help on the subject
07-05-2018, 06:52 PM
I did to. unfortunately in the generated font there are not all Polish characters :(
They are: ąĄ łŁ śŚ żŻ źŹ Ć Ę lack ć ę σΣ ńŃ
will try to create them, we will see
07-05-2018, 07:51 PM
Since this is kind of a new one, I'm going to look into further from my side and see if a Polish translation can be done or if I need to do more localization work to support it.
07-20-2018, 06:47 PM
Everything works as it should. The error was on my side.
Font 24 must have texturesize 512 because Polish characters do not fit in the texture
in the same way, font 48 must be above 512
I did not catch this and that's where all the fuss is for which I'm sorry
07-23-2018, 12:22 PM
That's great news. I should probably update that tool to bump to the next resolution automatically.
vBulletin® v3.6.7, Copyright ©2000-2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.