PDA

View Full Version : [WIP] Soldak Game Modding Tool

treborx555
09-27-2018, 01:37 PM
Hi, I created this tool using Unity. Currently not much functionality but you can add it yourself if you know C# programming. I made this tool to serve as a way to add code based mod generation basically.

Main part of this tool is the ability to create a SoldakObject from the text. This means you can manipulate it.

As an example I made a button that takes files with skills, loads up the objects, gets all spells and spellsperlevel that have projdamage and changes them into spells that use Weapon damage using a formula. The tool generates a file with all the overrides automatically then.

So instead of going through every spell, slowly calculating how to transform the damage while keeping the balance.. Just click 1 button!

Another tool i made is to generate override names. If you have a bunch of objects you edited but didn't add the "ModNameThing overrides Thing" then the button would do it for you!

One shortcoming of the tool is that it deletes all comments because i'm not sure how else to do it. So if you need comments, add them after the tool generates a file and preferably not inside the generated text in case it needs re-generating xD

I want to also add much more functionality, like a an editor that can see vanilla values with editing that allows instant override generation.. But that's tough until i can figure out which object the game uses.

Anyway if you want to you can download the script here but as a warning, you NEED UNITY GAME ENGINE to modify it. It shouldn't be a problem cus it's free.

https://github.com/RobertSkalko/Soldak-Modding-Tool

Oh and the instructions are in the github readme!

Hopefully it helps a few modders xD

treborx555
09-28-2018, 10:54 AM
First Update, it brings many optimizations (I learned how to use paraller for loops heh) and i introduced a really interesting feature. A button that gets all objects that derive from a base!

So you ever wanted to get all the items in the game? Just input "BaseItem" into command input, specify your game location other parameters and the program will output every item in the game in a matter of seconds!

Even

Sword
{
Base OneHandedWeapon
}

Will be outputed because

OneHandedWeapon
{
Base BaseItem
}

(not sure if true i'm just using it as an example here)

Destro*
09-28-2018, 04:00 PM
This is really cool. It's a much better approach than the one I made where I just ran a serious of complex regex over the asset files. :D

I can't wait to see how this progresses over time. Seems like a fun hobby.

treborx555
09-30-2018, 05:56 PM
Thanks!

I just updated the code, i added a pretty big feature. Manual code generation!

Basically, you search objects in the app, see what the default values are and type your own. After you're done, click a button to generate the mod.

All the values you edited will be generated as overrides using your inputted mod name.

Next updates will make it more optimized and will add a paging feature so i don't have to limit the objects.

treborx555
10-07-2018, 10:20 AM
Added a leveling curve generator tool!

This one requires you to open unity and edit the script file but it's easy. Just edit the numbers, run the program, click a button and you get a mod that changes the whole leveling curve!

I even added neat comments that show how much exp it takes to reach the next level. This makes planning your leveling mods so much easier!