PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming changes in version 1.003

Shadow
09-18-2019, 07:41 PM
fixed ModificatioDamageOverTimePrefix typo that was preventing translation from working (chesse20)
fixed missing DefendingStunningBlow translation
made small amorph, tiny amorph, imps, zombie imps, plaguebringer larva, and zombie parasite easier to click on
fixed Viedonna's blessing having a per level health percent restored when not meant to (AvaLanCS)
fixed a crash in Combat::applyStatusEffect
fixed not being able to hit neutral NPCs that you choose to fight with projectiles
fixed another way that entities could get placed in invalid areas (Notorious)
fixed a couple town generation issues that didn't guarantee a path from door to level exit (Notorious)
fixed passive skills that can proc on items not working correctly (Kori)

Shadow
09-19-2019, 08:13 PM
fixed temple ruins not having monster rarity set correctly
fixed strength being applied twice for many attacks
fixed lightning blade getting strength applied an extra time (on top of already getting it an extra time)
decreased most monsters health some to compensate for strength fix
toned down yellow mold spread some
fixed incorrect open edge settings in forestDL4.ara, forestDL3.ara, forestDL6.ara, grasslandDL4.ara, graveyard4.ara, tropicsDL2.ara, and their corresponding Zombasite versions - these errors can make it generate non-connected levels (Espr)

Destro*
09-20-2019, 12:47 AM
Well, whaddaya know, lightning blade was actually overpowered af. LOL.

And I guess I wasn't crazy about claiming melee was overpowered since release. Just, who would have thought a bug was making it even soooo OP! (Double LOL)

I definitely can't complain about any melee nerfs!

I'm actually a bit happy I couldn't play last weekend so I can get a better feel on spell vs. melee balance. I still feel like melee is truly going to be super gamebreaking still because of it's synergies with various skills that spells have 0 synergy with, so we'll see! A good step in the right direction no matter what!

treborx555
09-20-2019, 05:58 AM
Does this bug explain your confusion over melee being too strong?

Maybe you thought melee was balanced on paper, so us asking for nerfs was weird to you? Hopefully balance is a lot easier now that this bug is fixed!

Destro*
09-20-2019, 09:28 AM
Does this bug explain your confusion over melee being too strong?

Maybe you thought melee was balanced on paper, so us asking for nerfs was weird to you? Hopefully balance is a lot easier now that this bug is fixed!

Erm, how do I put this? I've never been confused or felt that melee was balanced, so I've got no idea why you think that I felt otherwise.

treborx555
09-20-2019, 10:06 AM
I meant the dev himself, cus he is the one who didn't nerf melee even after we complained so much

Bluddy
09-20-2019, 01:13 PM
Wow, crazy bug(s) there!

Shadow
09-20-2019, 01:51 PM
I meant the dev himself, cus he is the one who didn't nerf melee even after we complained so much

I was never confused, sometimes it takes a while to figure out what to do about it though. Balance changes are tricky. :(

Destro*
09-20-2019, 04:17 PM

My bad. :> Thought you were responding to me cause it was right after my post lol