PDA

View Full Version : Rogue debuffs go away when you follow up on them.

swissler
01-01-2008, 08:22 PM
So right now, when you follow up a distraction creating move (such as Gouge) with another attack (like Precise Strike) the entire Gouge effect goes away and not just the "distraction" part of it.

It makes sense to have the distractions be one-shot only (I think there was even a help message about that), but is it intentional that the entire debuff gets removed when you follow up on it?

For example: I have Gouge at level 6, which is -180 attack/defense for 10 seconds + causes a decent distraction. Sounds great! But when I follow up with Rupture/Precise Strike, the Gouge icon on my target goes away completely. If I want to actually make use of the debuff, I can't use those other attacks. This is a lot of lost damage, and makes investing points in Gouge significantly less attractive. (I'd rather kill my target quickly rather than let him whack away at me in a debuffed state).

-swissler

(name here)
01-01-2008, 10:42 PM
This sounds like a bug.

Shadow
01-02-2008, 09:36 AM
Well it's not a bug, because it's intentional. It's basically a strategic/tactical choice. Do you want to focus on the debuff or the secondary attack? Do you use Rupture immediately after Gouge or do you wait a bit to take advantage of the debuff?

swissler
01-02-2008, 08:54 PM
Thanks for clearing that up, Shadow. I had this great idea of spamming Gouge/Precise Strike til the cows come home, but that obviously didn't work out like I'd thought. :(

Maybe instead I'll focus on Gouge and one of Lethal Strike/Venom/Death Blow. Hopefully I have enough momentum gain at this point to pull that off!

-Sean