PDA

View Full Version : Leprechaun Money

Bluddy
05-25-2011, 05:01 PM
Shadow, I've been trying to figure out how the leprechaun's money drop (when I kill him) is calculated. At level 3, most money drops are between 4.5 and 12 (CP). Somehow, the two commands

LootExtraMoney 100
StartingMoneyMult 1.0

cause him to drop 5 piles of around 24 CP ie 120 CP when I kill him. That's without him stealing. If he steals from me, at level 3 he steals around 300 CP. If I kill him then, he drops between 500 and 650 CP altogether. What's the calculation here?

Shadow
05-30-2011, 11:38 AM
I'm actually not sure why I have both of those still.

LootExtraMoney changes the normal money drop, but it is essential a percent multiplier so in this case 2x.

StartingMoneyMult basically is a separate path that puts gold in their personal "pocket".

Bluddy
05-30-2011, 12:02 PM
I'm actually not sure why I have both of those still.

LootExtraMoney changes the normal money drop, but it is essential a percent multiplier so in this case 2x.

StartingMoneyMult basically is a separate path that puts gold in their personal "pocket".

Oh ok, I thought StartingMoneyMult actually multiplied the amount of money they stole from you. At least it seems that way -- the more the leprechaun steals from you, the more the amount of money seems to multiply when you kill him. That makes it worthwhile to be stolen from.

I also added a morale penalty that makes him faster, so that after he steals from you, it's harder to catch him. This way you feel the pressure of wanting to kill him before he steals. The way he is in the game, he runs away from you in what seems like slow motion (possibly the default morale penalty reduces the chance of rolling sprint mode?).