PDA

View Full Version : Mac Install problem

Isshy
06-05-2011, 03:51 PM
The Demon War expansion isn't working properly on my Mac. Instead of installing in my existing Din's Curse Folder it creates a new folder. When I boot the game (in the new DW Folder) I get the following error message:

Critical Error

Couldn't find Database/database.dbl!

P.S.-running 10.6.7

Edit: I managed to get it working correctly

Shadow
06-06-2011, 09:25 AM
I know the OP has solved his problem, but for everyone else the main thing is making sure that the expansion gets installed into the same directory/folder as the main game.

Isshy
06-06-2011, 08:43 PM
I know the OP has solved his problem, but for everyone else the main thing is making sure that the expansion gets installed into the same directory/folder as the main game.

Yes. I purchased the game From Mac Games Arcade. It installs it in your documents folder instead of applications, and the reinstall button they have does nothing. It is not the first time I have had trouble with that site but it is sure to be the last (they still haven't replied to my support email).

Soldak however was very prompt and helpful with their email support (thanks Steven). The game itself is awesome as well.

spacehog
06-07-2011, 03:36 PM
Glad you were able to get it working. Soldak is always very fast and very helpful.

Isshy
06-08-2011, 03:01 AM
Glad you were able to get it working. Soldak is always very fast and very helpful.

Mac Games Store (and their respective app Mac Games Arcade) pretty much ignores the indie world. I think they just list the indie games to pump their games available numbers. The last indie game they sold me (Eschalon Book 1) was WAY out of date and all buggy. Wouldn't run at all. Basilisk Games (publisher) had tried repeatedly and unsuccessfully to get Mac Game Store to upgrade the patch to no avail. It took me demanding a refund, threatening to dispute credit card payment, and posting negative reviews on Mac Games Store to get them to update it. Because I purchased it from them I couldn't upgrade the patch through normal means.

EDIT: It's really quite a shame. Mac Games Store is high profile (near top on my Google anyway) and they are doing Mac Games a great disservice. Through their lack of attention and effort they undermine the very business that feeds them! I mean their last posted hardware review was over two years ago and it's still listed on the home page after two years?