PDA

View Full Version : Is this a bug or not?

SamMcMackin
01-03-2008, 01:39 PM
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/1655/ss0000vg9.th.jpg (http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ss0000vg9.jpg)

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/1655/ss0000vg9.jpg

It is a Unique item and an Artifact, the only difference is armor and cost. :D

Delve
01-03-2008, 01:49 PM
Funny, I had a similar run in with quests. I had 3 quests to kill a certain nasty spellcaster, one listed him in the blue "boss" color while the other 2 listed him in the red "legend" color and had him in a different spot to boot.

I finally found the guy in the spot named by the first, blue quest. Bizarre. I've got a screenshot around somewhere if it would help any, but I didn't think it was terribly important.

I've also at the moment got 3 Dez's daggers and 2 of some kind of helm, found with a single character, but as they are set items perhaps that's okay. However, now that I think about it, is it possible that the item generator doesn't check your shared stash for "unique" items prior to creating them?

Shadow
01-03-2008, 02:45 PM
It's not a bug. Every unique item in the game has an artifact version that usually has 1 extra magical enhancement. In this case it has an extra armor modifier and thus a higher value.

Shadow
01-03-2008, 02:47 PM
As for the duplicate unique items, the game doesn't check anywhere to see if it is going to generate a duplicate. I felt that it would be more fun this way especially since you have a shared stash. Yes, it makes the "unique" part not really true. :)

Delve
01-03-2008, 04:39 PM
Hm. I may have misread that somewhere then. I thought the named items were only supposed to appear once in a game. :)

SamMcMackin
01-06-2008, 10:31 AM
is this a bug or not?

Two handed swords don't get any bonuses from sword mastery.

Shadow
01-06-2008, 03:18 PM
Sword mastery is supposed to work with 2 handed swords, so if it doesn't it would be a bug.

Desticato
01-06-2008, 05:00 PM
Today I saw one of Lulan's set items for sale at the weaponsmith and set it aside in the event it was superior to the one I had in my shared stash. Upon moving it, I noticed that the text in the decription of the item appeared to be suffering from some type of formatting error, as indicated in the following screenshot:

You'll notice that the item that it is being compared against is also suffering from additional nonsense characters, albeit less severely. I checked my stash and the Lulan's Flail I've had for ages was similarly afflicted. The rest of my loot, however--equipped on myself, my companions and stored in my chests--appears to be unaffected.

Is anyone else having this issue? I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was, somehow, just me.

Shadow
01-06-2008, 05:47 PM
I mentioned this in the 1.005 thread already also, but anytime you see $$ or ## stuff it's pretty much a localization issue. The items should work fine, it's just a text formating issue that I need to fix.

SamMcMackin
01-06-2008, 06:01 PM
Yea, I tested it again with my two handed sword. It doesnt change dps with sword mastery but arms mastery works correctly. I don't think it should make a difference, but I can't weild my sword because I lack the dex with my new equipment.

SamMcMackin
01-10-2008, 05:45 PM
Also, Two handed axes get bonuses from axe mastery just like one handed axes do. I have not tried maces yet.

SamMcMackin
01-12-2008, 11:39 AM
TalentSwordMasteryPerLevel
{
Base BaseSkillPerLevel

WeaponType WeaponSword

}

TalentSwordMastery
{
Base BaseSkillPassive

WeaponType WeaponSword

PerLevel TalentSwordMasteryPerLevel

BaseCost 4
}

The problem with two handed swords not getting bonuses from this skill is that they are considered a different weapon type then one handed swords. But axes and maces, one or two handed, are both axes and maces respectively. I am guessing this was done for rogues so when you tell them they can use swords it is only the one handed ones and not two.
I changed the mastery to have:

WeaponType WeaponSwordBoth

And it worked fine for both one handed and two handed swords! Alright!! :D

Shadow
01-12-2008, 01:51 PM
Yes, that is the reason that swords work slightly differently and that is probably the correct fix.