PDA

View Full Version : Idea for Next Game

Phil8888
06-11-2011, 04:23 PM
Artificial Intelligence - let's really use it.

Imagine, if you will, a prison in a fantasy world full of the most vile criminals, murderers, fraudsters and perhaps also a few innocents.

Rather than starve to death in dingy cells, these prisoners are being offered an opportunity to redeem themselves. Very briefly, the land is in peril and the only way to save the day is to venture into the most vile, dangerous caverns in search of an item of holy power.

Okay - so you're a prisoner and you've decided to accept the quest but, the key difference here is that every other criminal is also after the item. The number of competitors, their personalities, motivations, hopes, fears, likes, dislikes, skills, stats, race and profession can all be randomly generated depending on user settings.

Think 'spy vs spy' but with a cool AI and a goal that will take ages to achieve. Not everyone you meet in the caverns will be trying to dispatch you (well not straight away at any rate). Some may decide to join you (it makes sense - strength in numbers) or take a liking to you because of your response or actions or reputation.

Others, who have already started out on the journey and who have ventured deeper into the catacombs may use their skills to leave traps behind. Those unfortunate enough to fall prey to the underground denizens will leave their corpses behind for others to loot (if the more intelligent monsters haven't already looted them that is).

Something to think about. AI is a bit stale these days and having others in a similar situation as yourself with many varied personalties could lead to quite an attractive game (well - for me anyway). If anyone could do it, Soldak could. Would also make an interesting MMO with each player as a criminal.

Shadow
06-17-2011, 11:21 AM
I've had almost that exact idea before. It wasn't prison/criminals though.

Phil8888
06-17-2011, 02:02 PM
I sort of rushed in earlier without reading the rest of the posts LOL - Didn't realise you were focusing on a space epic next.

Glad you thought something similar - great minds, think alike :P

Best wishes

PixelLord
06-18-2011, 10:31 AM
I sort of rushed in earlier without reading the rest of the posts LOL - Didn't realise you were focusing on a space epic next.

Glad you thought something similar - great minds, think alike :P

Best wishes

Space game or not, the concept can still work. :)

jessicaparker54
07-20-2011, 09:28 PM
That is such a great idea! How did you come up with the concept?? I think it has the same underlying idea of all games but definitely with an interesting twist..Can't wait!

PixelLord
07-20-2011, 10:56 PM
That is such a great idea! How did you come up with the concept?? I think it has the same underlying idea of all games but definitely with an interesting twist..Can't wait!

Forums like this are wonderful! Love the idea also!