PDA

View Full Version : Issue with using mouse clicks

dcshaker
06-25-2011, 01:30 PM
I have been playing for a while now and all of a sudden, when I go to an object to pick it up, I have to click on it twice. When I have completed a task, I click on the town person, but when I move the mouse to complete, the box goes away and I cant hit the solve button. I have rebooted, and restarted and have the same issue. I havnt changed any of the game settings, and looked at them to see if I could figure out what changed...I see nothing.

Also, I have noticed that I use my food automatically, and also my health potions which I had to click on before to use and my player automatically attacks enemys when I get close, and it uses my skill, which I used to have to hold the number key down to use. (I have the latest patch)

Thanks, Dave

Shadow
06-27-2011, 08:35 AM
That's really strange. Is your mouse having issues in other programs?

dcshaker
06-27-2011, 01:04 PM
No problems with other programs and since Im using a laptop, I tried the built in mouse with same results.

Bluddy
06-27-2011, 02:00 PM
Could it be some kind of mouse program that modifies mouse input? Perhaps Logitech control center or some such thing.

Also, you might want to download the demos for Kivi's Underworld and Depths of Peril and check if they have the same problem since they're built on the same engine. If not, you might just want to uninstall and reinstall Din's Curse.

dcshaker
06-27-2011, 05:34 PM
This is really strange. I have Depths of Peril. I went in to try to create another character. When I tried to type the name, only numbers came up. and even if I hit the same key, consecutive numbers kept coming up. Went back to Din and same thing happens. So maybe its not the mouse, but the keyboard. It happens with my connected keyboard and my laptop keyboard. This strangeness does not happen with any other application (keystrokes being consecutive numbers).

Sarkazein
06-27-2011, 11:13 PM
You wouldn't happen to have NumLock on, would you? It sounds like your laptop is in "number pad" mode (hence the typing numbers). But it's weird that it's doing it with an external keyboard too.

Bluddy
06-28-2011, 08:27 AM
When was the last time DC worked well? Have you installed anything since then? Changed drivers or anything like that?

It's definitely an interesting problem.

dcshaker
06-28-2011, 08:47 AM
Checked num lock and scroll lock. Both normal. Game worked perfectly about a week - 10 days ago. Then strange things as mentioned previously started happening. Another example, if I go to the alter, I get recharge unless I exit game (or alt tab) to another program, then go back in, its okay for a while, then stops again.

I did install a comcast protection guard around that time.

I cant reload the program because I didnt buy the discs, just bought it online.

Bluddy
06-28-2011, 09:13 AM
Read this (http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Security-and-Anti-Virus/Constant-Guard-Numeric-Keyboard-Problem/td-p/926185) thread. It's the source of the problem.

Personally, I wouldn't trust a non-computer-software company to make a product worth installing on my computer, but that's just me.

dcshaker
06-28-2011, 09:35 AM
Wow. I uninstalled the comcast program and walla. Program is working fine now.

Thanks guys. (I should have put 2 and 2 together)

Shadow
06-28-2011, 11:58 AM
That is really weird. Thanks Bluddy for figuring out the problem!