PDA

View Full Version : Playing in Windows 7

edona7
06-26-2011, 08:58 AM
OK, I know Win 7 isn't one of the 'supported' systems, but has anyone managed to tweak the game to run correctly ? I have no problem with the game running under win XP sp2 compatability mode, but the cursor won't show. It's there, because I can get the buttons to highlight. I just can't see the cursor.

If I set it to run in 256 colors, I get the game cursor visible, but the game is black screen. Again, I know it is running, because the cursor is present and I can hear the button highlight click as I glide the cursor over the areas where the buttons should be.

Any suggestions?

Clarissa

all_zebest
06-26-2011, 10:47 AM
It's strange. I have no problem running it on my netbook (Windows 7).
Maybe you should... update you drivers (or patch the game if you haven't patched it yet).

Sarkazein
06-26-2011, 05:49 PM
In Options -> Graphics Options -> Advanced Graphic Options, try checking or unchecking the "Use Hardware Cursor" box. That may solve your problem.

Shadow
06-27-2011, 08:20 AM
Windows 7 is supported. Like all_zebest said it is probably a graphics driver issue.

edona7
06-27-2011, 06:30 PM
In Options -> Graphics Options -> Advanced Graphic Options, try checking or unchecking the "Use Hardware Cursor" box. That may solve your problem.

That fixed it! The box was checked. Unchecking it brought up the game cursor. Thank you!:)