PDA

View Full Version : 2 suggestions for the relations screen

Delve
01-04-2008, 05:17 PM
Not sure if it belongs in this category of the forum (it's not a bug, so that category is out!), but I find myself wishing for the following 2 things every time I open my relations screen.

1. A "Worst relationship" indicator of some sort. Perhaps a readout at the top of the chart, or a sword beside the relationship line. Some indication of which two covenants are closest to going to war with each other.

2. A relations display for my covenant like everyone else gets. So I can readily see the relationship between my covenant and everyone else, in numbers. That would be much easier than going 'round the chart and reading each individually.

To clarify point 2, I mean the list of relations that you get when you hover the mouse over the covenant icon. :)

Yes, the color coded lines are alright for determining these but the subtle changes in hue sometimes escape my eyes.

Gir
01-04-2008, 05:35 PM
Two of my really close friends are red-green colorblind, and would totally miss out on those details if they bought this game. Red and green are tricky! We totally take them for granted.

ShaggyMoose
01-04-2008, 09:58 PM
Something else I would like to see; the current value of any trade routes you have. If this information is there already, I canīt find it.

SamMcMackin
01-05-2008, 02:37 AM
There can be up to 3 lines coming out of each covenant. The main one and center line is the current relationship level. The one on the left, if it has been set up, is the trade route. And the one on the right, if it has been set up, is the current treaty.
Make sure that you have all the boxes in the top left of the relationship screen checked so it actually shows these lines.

ShaggyMoose
01-05-2008, 10:32 AM
I understand that you can see the trade routes, but I am not sure if you can actually tell how much money they are losing/making.

Shadow
01-05-2008, 10:53 AM
If you place your cursor over a covenant's icon on the relation screen it will tell you how much that covenant likes everyone else with exact numbers. This was actually put in to help color blind people. It might take a little longer than just looking at the lines, but they should be able to get all of the information they need.

You can also see your current trade routes costs/benefits by highlighting your tax number on the relation screen. It will show you your base taxes from influence, each of your trade routes and how much they are currently costing you or making for you, and your guard costs.

Delve
01-05-2008, 04:06 PM
If you place your cursor over a covenant's icon on the relation screen it will tell you how much that covenant likes everyone else with exact numbers. This was actually put in to help color blind people. It might take a little longer than just looking at the lines, but they should be able to get all of the information they need.

Yes, but it doesn't do that for *your* covenant. :)

Both my suggestions are convenience items since you're 100% right about getting the numeric values by reviewing the individual covenants. But the second suggestion at least won't interfere with existing screen layout and is completely logical from a UI standpoint since it does it for every other covenant.

Shadow
01-05-2008, 04:31 PM
Yeah sorry for not being clear Delve. I was answering the other questions in the thread. Yeah, to find how everyone views your covenant, you have to look at everyone's numbers (well at least for exact numbers). This might be a possibility to add.

There is a small chance that this would be a little confusing though. Since when you highlight a covenant icon usually it shows how much they like the other covenants, but on your own icon it would show how much everyone else likes you.

Delve
01-05-2008, 05:53 PM
I think it will be more intuitive. Mouseover displays the relations between every other covenant and the one you're hovering, which just happens to be yours. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying?

Shadow
01-05-2008, 08:37 PM
Well currently it doesn't show the relations between the 2 covenants. It shows how much that covenant likes the listed covenants. If you look at the numbers they don't always match. The Kindred Spirits doesn't necessarily like Alliance of Light as much as Alliance of Light likes the Kindred Spirits.

Delve
01-06-2008, 05:29 AM
Ah, I wasn't aware of that.