PDA

View Full Version : Feedback in the game

Bluddy
07-06-2011, 11:22 AM
Shadow if I have one recommendation from the previous games it would be to provide feedback for as much as possible.

As an example, the townsfolk in the DC expansion have a great number of things that they can do and interactions among themselves. Each person's happiness is affected by many factors. Sadly, the only thing we can see is their resulting happiness as a number and once in a while you'll get a text of their thoughts floating over their head. There's little way to know that the person in question just lost happiness because his spouse died. It would have been much clearer if we had a balance sheet of 'happy faces' and 'sad faces' for each character when you talk to them. Mouse over a happy face or a sad face and it'll give you the reason for the person's sadness or happiness. A happy face could say "because of Snarl's demise" and a sad face would say "due to spouse death".

Another example would be when monsters are alerted to your presence because you make noise. While a noise brings monsters over, you don't know that's the reason so it just looks "cheap" that monsters were spawned and came to attack you. A funny grunt or a question mark above a monster's head for a second would notify you that the monster heard something suspicious.

I think it's important to provide clear feedback for every element in the game; those parts that don't have direct feedback remain underused and unappreciated.

gornova
07-15-2011, 01:39 PM
I like this idea!

+1

Friendzie
07-15-2011, 07:29 PM
Yes, it would be awesome if you could get a detailed list of the events that are making someone in town happy or unhappy if you so desire. The number one reason I lose a town is because an important member becomes very unhappy and starts killing. I'm usually not 100% sure what the problem was. Maybe sometimes it's just that their spouse died in an invasion or that I didn't do some quest, but I'm never sure.