PDA

View Full Version : Skills per level

WierdingWay
07-10-2011, 02:00 PM
Just out of curiousity, how would I go about changing my skill points per level? I think I'd like to double my skill points gained per level. Is this possible?

Caal
07-10-2011, 05:26 PM
You can change skill points per level. The lines you want to mod are in systems.gdb in the GameSystem section. The lines you need are:

BaseSkillPointsPerLevel 2
LevelsBetweenSkillPointRaises 5
SkillPointRaise 1
StartingSkillPoints 1

Here, the character starts with 1 skill point (StartingSkillPoints), gets 2 skill points when he levels up (BaseSkillPointsPerLevel), with the number of skill points received increasing by 1 (SkillPointRaise) every 5 levels (LevelsBetweenSkillPoint Raises). I think you can double skill points with these parameters, by doubling all of the figures except the 5. I'm attaching a tiny mod that does that, and you can edit it however you want.

WierdingWay
07-10-2011, 05:47 PM
Thanks! Your feedback is infinitely excellent. I'll have to try your mod out an see how it goes.

Bluddy
07-11-2011, 11:54 AM
Just a note, even with the default skill point allotment, you get a ton of points by level 50. Doubling the skill points will make the early game easier, but by the later game you'll be ridiculously powerful.

WierdingWay
07-11-2011, 01:36 PM
Yes I know there is some major cheese in my request. Though I felt like having a run or two be absurd. Not to mention I am starting my towns on a much higher level with several handicap options enabled. But mostly I'm just trying to figure out how to alter different things about the game an make it even more unique to my tastes an whims. BTW I commend the creator for making such a simple but yet enjoyable game.