PDA

View Full Version : armor set

melvis
07-10-2011, 11:09 PM
What's the best way to farm for an armor set?

Bluddy
07-11-2011, 11:51 AM
What's the best way to farm for an armor set?

Since a set occupies a specific level (+- a certain range), what you would want to do is first load up on magic chance boosts (from the thief and/or treasure finding elixirs), and then spend a lot of time around the level of the first item of the set that you found. I'm not sure if playing in lower level dungeons will do the trick, but it might. What I mean is, say you found a set item in a dungeon of level 15. Once you advance past that level, your chance of finding more items for that set will get lower and lower. By level 30 you can be sure that you won't find any more of those items. You can
a) look for more items of that level with other characters playing in level 15.
b) keep your character from advancing too fast.
c) keep hunting in dungeons of level 15. I'm not sure if this will actually work, but I *think* it should.

The problem is that you have a much better chance of finding a set item when you kill boss/unique creatures, but at the same time, killing boss/unique creatures will give you XP and advance you to higher levels.

Antigrav
07-11-2011, 03:30 PM
I have several characters, so I've managed to assemble a few (Mudbeard, Tover, Dez, Lulan, Greta, and of course, Ciglio). If, however, you stick with only one character, I admire your dedication.

If you're looking for a particular piece, maybe you could post about it on the multiplayer thread?