PDA

View Full Version : Dungeons of Dredmor

MrChiggins
07-12-2011, 07:40 AM
Looks to be a fantastic graphical roguelike. I haven't been this excited for an RPG release since, well, Demon War. It'll be available on Steam (and as a download from the official site I believe) July 13th for $5.

Here's a trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNHzcmWKQYc

getter77
07-12-2011, 04:40 PM
Yep, I may have been too wrapped up otherwise to pitch in proper on the beta testing, but a purchase is pretty much guaranteed straight away.

all_zebest
07-12-2011, 09:08 PM
I will buy it for sure, but I don't like the design of the hero. In the same genre, I sooo love Rogue Hearts Dungeon or The Dungeon RPG on PS2.

Maledictus
07-13-2011, 09:55 AM
To be honest the artwork looks horrendous (in my opinion) but we'll see... Gameplay looks fun.

First thought: how come this comes to Steam and DC does not? I seem to remember that the reason for DC not going to Steam was something about there being enough of that type of game on there. Can't be sure if that was fact or opinion though, but it does seem odd to me.

Shadow
07-13-2011, 10:37 AM
First thought: how come this comes to Steam and DC does not? I seem to remember that the reason for DC not going to Steam was something about there being enough of that type of game on there. Can't be sure if that was fact or opinion though, but it does seem odd to me.

That's a really good question and I really wish I knew the answer.

Bluddy
07-13-2011, 03:28 PM
Shadow, have you been giving Steam hell about them refusing to sell DC? I mean this is your livelihood here... Is there something we can do to help?

Shadow
07-13-2011, 06:13 PM
Shadow, have you been giving Steam hell about them refusing to sell DC? I mean this is your livelihood here... Is there something we can do to help?

It's difficult to give the Steam guys hell without getting myself blacklisted. We've tried twice to get DC on there and both times been told no.

You can always email Steam or post on there forums that you want DC on there.

MrChiggins
07-16-2011, 05:20 AM
Yeah Shadow, it is a damn shame that Din's Curse isn't on Steam. I'm going to bug the hell out of them about it for weeks to come since I haven't done so yet. We're always rooting for you. I've actually STRONGLY recommended Depths of Peril to three of my friends over the past week who were looking for a good RPG of that sort on Steam. *crosses fingers

P.S. Dungeons of Dredmor is fantastic! Looks like it's apt to catch up to my most played Steam games:

Space Rangers 2: Reboot = 60+ hours
Depths of Peril = 60+ hours
VVVVVV = 40+ hours
Jamestown = 30+ hours
Dungeons of Dredmor = 10+ hours and climbing ;)

getter77
07-16-2011, 10:53 PM
By my reckoning, it really also comes down to things like price. Dredmor surprised quite a number of people, myself very much included, with the $5 price point on top of launching right after the big Steam Summer Sale where, generally, people are rather broke for awhile.

In an entirely sensible world, Steam should be a solid place for games at all price levels, Indie or otherwise, but every story I've heard offhand of their validation process paints it as something rather "behind the curve" in terms of manpower set at that task alongside any especially reliable rubric complete with some sort of arbitration policy in case you match the criteria yet still wind up denied inclusion.

Hopefully DC+DW will get on there at some point, otherwise...I dunno....if it isn't illegal perhaps one could ask some other Indies that have gotten on who was "the person" they specifically dealt with in submission that might've had the whole process follow a more logical progression than as has otherwise been the case?

Jorlen
07-19-2011, 08:40 AM
Dredmor is a fantastic game and an absolute steal at $5. If you are here, and you like Soldak's games, you need to get this. It's like a super roguelike. Skills, items, crafting, humour, excellent art style and loads of charm.

And on the other topic, yes Din's Curse, being one of the best roguelike action games to come out in years, should most definitely be on steam. I don't know what their issue is, but it's not in sync with logic.

caldazar
07-26-2011, 05:31 PM
picked it up this weekend, loving it - thanks for the recommendations :D

DeathKnight1728
11-23-2011, 11:45 AM
I just picked this game up, what a blast!

The character creation system is almost just as cool as dins and what you can do is amazing. Im having a blast so far and i would recommend this to anyone that loves roguelikes or anyone that is into rpgs.

getter77
11-23-2011, 12:49 PM
Yep, another major patch and the first Expansion Pack release are also due up in the very near future, with full-tilt modding support being one of the several improvements.

Axegrinder
12-27-2011, 05:01 PM
It's difficult to give the Steam guys hell without getting myself blacklisted. We've tried twice to get DC on there and both times been told no.

You can always email Steam or post on there forums that you want DC on there.

I'll say it then. Din's is too good a game to be associated with a crapware outfit like steam. Their drm infests almost every game I see in the stores and is the main reason that I have not bought a new game in over a year. If it's not stream, it's the constant internet connection required crap.And the thing is the games haven't gotten any better. Most are bad console ports rushed out, needing massive patching. Why anyone would pirate this garbage is beyond me. End of rant.